Main Leon Discussion Thread

Uchu~

Leon is the third eldest in the Nohr royal family, he rides a horse and uses some of the most bad ass magic, two amazing things. Oh yeah, his name was localized to Leo but Leon sounds more epic. Ill probably call him Leon even when the English copy is released.

Leon sadly isn't a very popular topic among most people, he doesn't get much attention at all. I really like his personality and his clothing, in my opinion hes a really great character. I like how he has the little crown thing like Marth did, it makes him so cute!~ Leon has turned out to be one of my favorite characters among all of them. I dunno why I just really like his character and his design.

His voice is cool too, it really fits him. Its deep but then not too deep that it sounds weird on him. Sometimes they make characters where there voices do not fit the way they look or anything and Leon is the exact opposite of that kind of character. Every thing they have for Leon is perfect for his character.

Theres been some threads like this before but I figured, I should make a Leon one since most likely no one else will and they'll jump to Crimson or something, no offense to all you Crimson fans. I just wanted to make sure Leon got a thread like this by doing it myself.

Heres a link to his translated website page:

leontranslated.jpg

And heres some cool Leon GIF's

654.gif

efa.gif

tumblr_inline_nqgsrrnJPa1sdv3m5_500.gif

tumblr_nrarfssdct1ut8gdbo1_500.gif

Leon is my 3rd favorite of the Nohr siblings and all the siblings together, being beat out by Elise and Xander, but I still love his character a lot.

I consider him a kindred spirit because he likes tomatoes so much.

Can someone please tell me why tomatoes are associated with Leo now? I've seen this kinda thing around and I still have no idea where that connection came from.

He is my 2nd favorite Nohr sibling(Being beaten by Elise)and my third favorite sibling overall being beaten my Sakura and Elise.

He and Takumi feel the most human to me. Takumi has more sense than the other royals combined and Leon has great supports that actually show different sides of his personality.

Leon and Takumi also have the most romantic support in the entire game - seriously, look it up and read it if you haven't.

Leo(n) is an absolute Mage killer. Skill% of halving enemy Mag (Bruinhilde), Tomebreaker (Butler), Magic Seal (DK), and Rally Resistance (Strategist) are all in his personal Class Tree. Toss Breaking Sky in place of Rally Resistance if you want.

Can someone please tell me why tomatoes are associated with Leo now? I've seen this kinda thing around and I still have no idea where that connection came from.

I found it on here: http://pastebin.com/SLYFxHdg

They call it Museum Facts (best at ___, most likely to ___, etc) on this bigger list: http://pastebin.com/qddaf9Ui

It just said that Leon likes tomatoes the most.

Edited by Sir Frederick

Leo is my favorite royal. A magic-slinging black knight-flavoured prince with a personal tome that has the earth/plant element (... and I now see yet another thing that pegs him as Takumi's opposite) and has a cool personality and nice supports (the ones with Elise and, ironically Takumi, being stand-outs), and he's on the side with most of my favorite classes. I like him a lot.

He and Takumi feel the most human to me. Takumi has more sense than the other royals combined and Leon has great supports that actually show different sides of his personality.

Leon and Takumi also have the most romantic support in the entire game - seriously, look it up and read it if you haven't.

I can't find it :( Can you post a link?

Woo~ I finally found fellow people that actually like Leon as a character. I really like how they did his magic like 'Folt' said. He has his magic based on earth/plants and I think its really cool. I like how they chose to give him that instead of just random magic that everyone who wants to go out and buy it can. Its like, "Get your insta magic here! Only $5 a magic book!" then Leons like,"Shut the f*ck up I got my own powerful magic to use" xD

#Fanficinthemaking ??? lol

Edit: Heres the link to the thread that has a link to a dropbox thing with every support conversation!

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55037&hl=%2Bvery+%2Borganized

Edited by Hinokaizbae

Woo~ I finally found fellow people that actually like Leon as a character. I really like how they did his magic like 'Folt' said. He has his magic based on earth/plants and I think its really cool. I like how they chose to give him that instead of just random magic that everyone who wants to go out and buy it can. Its like, "Get your insta magic here! Only $5 a magic book!" then Leons like,"Shut the f*ck up I got my own powerful magic to use" xD

#Fanficinthemaking ??? lol

While I'd have liked him to wield dark magic, I think that him having a tome that's of the earth/plant element makes sense in the light of him not only being Takumi's opposite (Takumi's personal yumi was called the Wind God's Bow I believe, but also in terms of how it was described as being dark magic: The basic dark magic Flux in the Elibe games actually travelled through the earth in it's animation, and the dark mage classes were actually called Shaman and Druid, names you'd associate with nature-magic users in any other fantasy setting. Also, Tear Ring Saga which is basically Not!Fire Emblem had earth magic as part of dark magic if I'm not entirely mistaken, and the Dark Dragons in the original Fire Emblem were basically associated with earth instead of darkness.

I guess I finally get why Leo describes it as dark magic: The discipline in Fire Emblem might involve manipulation of earth and the more solid things in nature (and the physics behind them) in addition to standard darkness, while the Anima discipline likely manipulates the energy of nature to create immaterial things like fireballs and snowstorms (well, that one's kind of immaterial? or maybe they manipulate immaterial energy behind those happenings to make a solid thing or effect?) and so on. Of course, being a fantasy-based game, this assumes that the rules of physics and energy are somewhat different than reality as it really is, but that's kind of obvious.

Either way, I must say I like having someone in Fire Emblem who uses the earth element. (And since I can give him a lightning-elemental tome as well, it kinda means he can use the three elements I dig in JRPGs! (Lightning, Earth, and Darkness... kinda.)

How is Leon not popular? Everywhere I go, I see people giving him the most attention out of the other siblings.

Btw, he's my 2nd favorite Nohr sibling. I also like that despite being portraited as a cold, calculated person in the trailers and other promotional materials, he's actually your adorable little brother at heart and is the punching bag of the Nohr family (from what little I've seen in the early chapters).

One thing I find interesting is how he can be so like Takumi, yet ultimately is his own character (which, by proxy, also extends to Takumi). Both fit the image of being cold, somewhat ruthless siblings, but Takumi's coldness stem more from his feelings of distrust of the Avatar, as well as hate and rage, while Leo's coldness is more of a front.

As such, when Leo tries to muster up enough hate and anger to kill you, he ultimately can't because the bond he shared with you is too great, while Takumi's negative feelings, while not unfounded, are to the point that people can exploit them which ultimately becomes his undoing. This means that the two suffer very different fates from each other which is something I find very interesting as a whole.

I couldn't have asked for a better pair of foils to one another in terms of the royal siblings.

So because of this, I've ended up actually loving Takumi as a character (to the point where, out of the Hoshido siblings, I now like him the second most, after Ryoma) when I would likely have hated him or being indifferent to him before because he is an Archer and not a magic slinger like Leo (I don't like Archers and prefer magic-users when it comes to Fire Emblem), and because he's an ass. It speaks volumes about their designs as foils to one another if me getting to know them better, and me preferring one over the other, that finding the differences between the two makes me love both of them, and I think it says something about Leo's characterization and design as a foil that he makes me love his opposite, but still makes me prefer him (Leo) by far.

The initial marketing portrayed Leon as exactly the kind of character I hate the most, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out more about him. He may well be my favourite of the royal characters. And I agree with some of the above posters, his support with Takumi is great, I absolutely ship it.

The initial marketing portrayed Leon as exactly the kind of character I hate the most, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out more about him. He may well be my favourite of the royal characters. And I agree with some of the above posters, his support with Takumi is great, I absolutely ship it.

If I had a dollar for every "cold-hearted genius" I've seen even in just the few anime and manga I've watched and read, I'd be rich. I'm so glad Leon actually became a character instead of...I don't know, someone like Sasuke.

Oh God, you made me think of Naruto...ugh.

Edited by Thane

Here you go, one Leon x Takumi support coming up:

http://pastebin.com/ef50TCG5

It's one of the best in the game, maybe even the best.

gaaaay-widget-47eae1-w192.png

In all seriousness, if he wasn't my little bro (I don't care if we're not technically related it's weird), I'd hit it. He has a cute princess tiara, a horsey, and badass armor. And he likes books. 10/10.

I like the fact that he get bullied by the other silbings (mainly elise and there was a image of that LOL)

In the post-chapter 1 scene (where Kamui points out Leon's cloak is inside-out) they actually re-textured it to look the part.