Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad broke...

~Silver

So, I don't know how to post pictures (and I don't really care at the moment) but...

http://i.imgur.com/jM6AsDZ.jpg

I was playing Smash 3DS, and I just simply did a forward air with Marth, and as I slid my finger, which was on the Circle Pad, back into its normal position, I lifted my finger, and the Circle Pad came off.

I've looked around the internet, and apparently Nintendo does indeed fix these things, but at like, half the price of a brand new 3DS.

I don't plan on keeping this thing for much longer. I've had it since Day 1 release, and honestly, if a bundle 3DS for the new FE comes here to the Americas, I'm buying that in a heartbeat.

I've tried playing without it, but the spot where the circle pad was is starting to hurt my hand.

Does anyone have any ideas? A simple solution, that doesn't require much work?? :sweatdrop:

Edited by ~Silver

Man you destroyed her. This is gonna sound insane and might not work, but its worth a try. Take some cotton or something similar that's really soft and stick some under the stick to keep it in place and then make sure the rest is on top to remove the feeling of plastic, of course just make sure you don't put to much on to the point where its hard to move the thing. It should act as a really cheap ass control stick that is soft but it probably will work. Again i'm not 100% sure on this considering I've never had an experience like that.

Super gluing is one option but that's a huge and I do mean huge risk for high reward because if you don't superglue it correctly, you may accidentally glue the moving part of the pad.

Opening your 3DS and replacing the actual stick is still considered the best option and unfortunately that also runs the risk if you have ham hands.

Super gluing is one option but that's a huge and I do mean huge risk for high reward because if you don't superglue it correctly, you may accidentally glue the moving part of the pad.

Opening your 3DS and replacing the actual stick is still considered the best option and unfortunately that also runs the risk if you have ham hands.

I think I like the sound of this...

Where should I apply the glue, though? Just to be safe?

I think I like the sound of this...

Where should I apply the glue, though? Just to be safe?

Preferably on the spot where it broke. Be sure to follow the super glue instructions, and don't use too much.

Preferably on the spot where it broke. Be sure to follow the super glue instructions, and don't use too much.

So where should I put it: On the Circle Pad itself, as in the rubber part, or the part that's part of the DS?

So where should I put it: On the Circle Pad itself, as in the rubber part, or the part that's part of the DS?

The latter, although it shouldn't matter since you'll barely need a spec.

The latter, although it shouldn't matter since you'll barely need a spec.

Alright then, I'll try it when I'm not so tired, lol.

Thank you very much!