Would you like it if you could choose the children's names and looks?

jdb1984

In this game, not so much. I was more or less okay with everyone's names/preset appearances. If only this option was available in Fates, I would jump on it. But in Awakening, I was okay with everyone. *squeezes kids' cheeks*

Part of the fun from Child Units was to figure out who the parent was when you get to their paralogue and you would be like.

OH IS THAT THEIR CHILD??? I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED.

Having the ability to customize appearances would kind ruin that. Would be great on Morgan, but not so much other child units.

Edited by The_Vernster

No, I'd dislike it honestly. I can see why people would like it as it makes each cild unit feel more unique to them and if they dislike something it's an easy fix. Especially for MU children. I'm sure people would love to name their children.

But honestly I feel it would draw me out of the immersion, you can't control what your real children looks like after all and at the end of the day MU is still their own character, and their spouse will still want to contribute names. At the end of the day maybe have an option after you beat the game to change their appeareance but don't make it required. If it's only an option then people who don't like it can ignore it, and then you'll already know the children so it won't be a spoiler anymore. Encourages replay as well...

Though really I'd prefer it if we had a break from children units for awhile.

I don't even like the game letting you customize robin, so no.

This is because I believe it makes it more difficult to tell a good story if the writers have to make room for large amounts of customization.

Edited by EmanEmal

• 2 weeks later...