Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passed Away

kingddd

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainbow over Nintendo HQ today. Fitting, that Iwata finally hits Rainbow Road on his way out

ee9a89d23d.jpg

Oh wow. That's like super worth commenting on. Did he have much involvement in the Mario Kart series? I know his Mii is one of the ones they throw around but that could just be beacue he was their CEO.

He was involved in 9 of the 11 MK games (everything after MK64). We all know his crowning accomplishment though (well, before Pokémon of course)

25ef7286a7.jpg

Edited by Elieson

To be honest, I was not a fan of many of his decisions but I could see that he was a compassionate and proactive man, and it's foolish to expect everything to go well in a job such as his. Rest in peace.

When I first heard about this news I thought he actually left Nintendo, as in quitting. But about him passing like this it...it really tugs at you. There was so much he put into motion and so much he won't get to see...I'm just really shocked this happened. Rest well Iwata...May Naga bless you

When I first heard about this news I thought he actually left Nintendo, as in quitting. But about him passing like this it...it really tugs at you. There was so much he put into motion and so much he won't get to see...I'm just really shocked this happened. Rest well Iwata...May Naga bless you

Yeah I felt the same way as you, and it's quite sad when you think about all the shit people said to him about the wiiu and e3 this year.

This news came quite sudden and i'm saddened to see a man like Iwata go like that. A great programmer and in my opinion a good CEO as well, but I thought the best part about him was how involved he looked with his fans and his co-workers. Few CEO's commincated as much with their fans and I thought his way of doing the direct came across as very charming and genuine.

Wow, that rainbow over Nintendo's HQ can't be a coincidence. God loves Nintendo and Iwata too. It must have pained him to have to make him leave this world...

Dammit. First Christopher Lee, then my grandmother and now Iwata-san. 2015, may I kindly ask you to fuck off and kill good people no more? We had enough grief already.

Jeez... I knew this was going to happen eventually, as it does with everyone. I just didn't think it would happen so soon... :(

Good-bye, Mr. Iwata-san. You will forever be missed...

After my parents and my sisters, Nintendo probably had the greatest influence on my childhood. It really sucks that a secondary father figure of mine would die just seven months after my real father.

As far as a tribute goes, I'm going to vote for Balloon Fighter on the Smash ballot. Balloon Fight was one of the first video games that Iwata was heavily involved in the development of. I'm sure Sakurai would be delighted to put some tribute to Iwata in Smash, considering how often they worked together even before Iwata became Nintendo's President.