Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passed Away

kingddd

Dammit. First Christopher Lee, then my grandmother and now Iwata-san. 2015, may I kindly ask you to fuck off and kill good people no more? We had enough grief already.

I know how you feel. I lost my grandmother in late 2013 myself, and then in 2014, Casey Kasem and Robin Williams. Iwata makes this hurt even more...

EDIT: Damn, Steve, that's really awful. I'm so sorry. :(

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GameXplain did a tribute (or thank you) video for Mr.Iwata. It's short, but good, and showed a moment of Iwata I never saw before, which made it even better.

(I don't know how to post the video on here, so here's the link to the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDD5JHRVPPM

Edited by Busterman64

I know how you feel. I lost my grandmother in late 2013 myself, and then in 2014, Casey Kasem and Robin Williams. Iwata makes this hurt even more...

Indeed. Especially to a guy who lost two aunts in the span of two years, and a grandaunt during the year after the second aunt passed away, in my case.

Edited by Just call me AL

Nooooo!! (⌯˃̶᷄ ﹏ ˂̶᷄⌯)

Aw man... This truly is the pits. Ugh.

Rip Iwata. Thank you for all you've done. All the memories you've helped create.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/991/428/13e.jpg

Can someone tell me if this is real or not?

Because seriously that's really disrespectful...

I actually saw a clarification post on tumblr and from my understanding apparently the OP of that post is someone from the infamous gamergate and made that statement to give feminists a bad rep or to start something. You can read the post from tumblr here.

Regardless of how other others feel, don't waste your energy on the people who have nothing nice to say about someone that's important to you. Pay attention and focus on all the people - all the gamers - in the community who are pouring their sadness, appreciation and gratefulness to a man that changed the gaming community.

All the people who are saying those rude things are saying that to either a) start some shit b) play with other people's emotions or c) because they're assholes and have nothing better to do. Don't give them the gratification that you care about the negative things that they have to say.

Edited by carefreejules

I actually saw a clarification post on tumblr and from my understanding apparently the OP of that post is someone from the infamous gamergate and made that statement to give feminists a bad rep or to start something. You can read the post from tumblr here.

Regardless of how other others feel, don't waste your energy on the people who have nothing nice to say about someone that's important to you. Pay attention and focus on all the people - all the gamers - in the community who are pouring their sadness, appreciation and gratefulness to a man that change the gaming community.

All the people who are saying those rude things are saying that to either a) start some shit b) play with other people's emotions or c) because they're assholes and have nothing better to do. Don't give them the gratification that you care about the negative things that they have to say.

That what's I thought, but I just wanted to make sure,

but you're right, I shouldn't let this bother me, it's just trollbait.

Wow, that rainbow over Nintendo's HQ can't be a coincidence. God loves Nintendo and Iwata too. It must have pained him to have to make him leave this world...

I was thinking the same thing when I read about this. Just one of those God wink things.

I was thinking the same thing when I read about this. Just one of those God wink things.

Yeah. It's just too bad that certain super religious people wouldn't agree with my idea there. Trust me, a friend I've known for a long time who is super religious doesn't...

Fuck people like that, seriously. I know Iwata didn't always make the best decisions, same with Miyamoto, Sakurai, Aonuma, and anybody else making Nintendo games, but saying garbage like this is extremely uncalled for.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah. It's just too bad that certain super religious people wouldn't agree with my idea there. Trust me, a friend I've known for a long time who is super religious doesn't...

Fuck people like that, seriously. I know Iwata didn't always make the best decisions, same with Miyamoto, Sakurai, Aonuma, and anybody else making Nintendo games, but saying garbage like this is extremely uncalled for.

Yeah sometimes in my mind it's the littlest things that mean the most.

As far as the post by the dude being disrespectful he says how he isn't glad that he's dead but glad that he's gone.

1. They're kinda the same thing at this point so he's contradicting himself

2. It's like saying oh I only wanted my burger medium but I'll eat it well done. Or to be more distasteful it's like saying I would have preferred him to be fired but hey he's dead so I'll take it.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much but either way there was no need to drag political/social agendas into it and it was worded extremely poorly.

Anybody making anything period. Nobody is perfect and nothing is going to please everybody.

Rainbow over Nintendo HQ today. Fitting, that Iwata finally hits Rainbow Road on his way out

ee9a89d23d.jpg

Ahhhhhh! *sniff* The gods themselves welcome him! Giving his own Bifrost Rainbow Road to ride! I love this so much!

That actually looks like a Feminist Frequency style post. If its real, it wouldnt shock me. Some people are that freaking disgusting. Especially regarding a man who always put the gamer first.

Its interesting how even my mum recognized Iwata's face when shown a picture. "Hes so familiar..." Maybe she did see a Direct once. I owe a lot of Nintendo's desire to be as inclusive as possible to Iwata. The last decade of trying new ideas, speaking directly to the consumer, and doing whatever is possible to make people happy is his doing.

It's times like this that remind us how fickle and short life is. It's truly a sad thing to lose a wonderful person as Iwata, especially at such a young age, but in a way it also just … brings life back into perspective. That in the end, it doesn't matter what you've done or who you are, no matter what the impact we've made on the world, that it'll all have to come to an end. Even so, knowing that, it still hurts to hear.

I wish the best for his family and his loved ones.

It's times like this that remind us how fickle and short life is. It's truly a sad thing to lose a wonderful person as Iwata, especially at such a young age, but in a way it also just … brings life back into perspective. That in the end, it doesn't matter what you've done or who you are, no matter what the impact we've made on the world, that it'll all have to come to an end. Even so, knowing that, it still hurts to hear.

I wish the best for his family and his loved ones.

I think the money is an issue for perspective here too. He was the CEO of an entire company, by no means a poor man yet when the reaper came knocking probably the best paid doctors weren't able to do anything but hold it off it seems.

Anybody making anything period. Nobody is perfect and nothing is going to please everybody.

Yeah, this is 100% true too.

Also, needless to say, that rainbow made me more of a believer that there is at least one god up there than I ever was before in my entire life.

There is one thing we must remember though, guys: out of something bad, something good must arise. We're always sacrificing one thing for another, even if it's something as typical as giving up a dollar to get a snack from a machine. Something we can be happy about will come from this. Even if the cost is the life of a great man.

Yeah, this is 100% true too.

Also, needless to say, that rainbow made me more of a believer that there is at least one god up there than I ever was before in my entire life.

There is one thing we must remember though, guys: out of something bad, something good must arise. We're always sacrificing one thing for another, even if it's something as typical as giving up a dollar to get a snack from a machine. Something we can be happy about will come from this. Even if the cost is the life of a great man.

He'll always be in our gamer hearts. He touched us through Nintendos various series.

In a sense as well, not only is Sakurai's soul in something like Smash Brothers.. But Iwata's too.. He made quite a number of those characters possible.. Damn it i'm tearing up again.

He'll always be in our gamer hearts. He touched us through Nintendos various series.

In a sense as well, not only is Sakurai's soul in something like Smash Brothers.. But Iwata's too.. He made quite a number of those characters possible.. Damn it i'm tearing up again.

Oh, totally. And man, Iwata seems to have had at least a little hand in like everything. But he was the president, after all.