Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passed Away

kingddd

Christopher Lee, Leonard Nimoy, Terry Pratchett, and now Satoru Iwata.

Lots of nerd culture legends have passed on this year.

I think the fondest childhood memories will consist of one and a buddy sitting around playing on a gameboy with a crowd of other kids watching over your shoulders.

fuck graphics and gore and all that shit: Iwata and co. just wanted fun.

and then they turn around and make Bayonetta 2 a wii u exclusive to the ire of many other people.

Edited by Starfox

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wished that the news was a joke... unfortunately, it wasn't. May he rest in peace and be remembered by many people, especially gamers, all over the world.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51407227

Marth and everyone in this wonderful community needs a hug -hugs hugs-

Regarding that rainbow, how much confirmation is there for it? Call me a cynic for thinking so but photo shopping a rainbow into an image of Nintendo HQ and posting it on the net isn't that hard a task. Plus, you know, the whole thing just seems too perfect.

Christopher Lee, Leonard Nimoy, Terry Pratchett, and now Satoru Iwata.

Lots of nerd culture legends have passed on this year.

I think the fondest childhood memories will consist of one and a buddy sitting around playing on a gameboy with a crowd of other kids watching over your shoulders.

fuck graphics and gore and all that shit: Iwata and co. just wanted fun.

and then they turn around and make Bayonetta 2 a wii u exclusive to the ire of many other people.

Bayonetta 2 is still a fun game. Nintendo wouldn't have invested in it otherwise.

Man, the more I think about this the more depressing it gets. He ain't gonna see the Nintendo Amusement park rides, the launch of the NX or any of that. And I don't particularly envy the poor guy who has to fill his shoes.

Bayonetta 2 is still a fun game. Nintendo wouldn't have invested in it otherwise.

Nintendo was the only company willing to even invest in it too.

Man, the more I think about this the more depressing it gets. He ain't gonna see the Nintendo Amusement park rides, the launch of the NX or any of that. And I don't particularly envy the poor guy who has to fill his shoes.

I was reading his Iwata asks for Xenoblade Chronicles X earlier today. He seemed excited and eager to play it, as he always does. Yet he'll probably never had a chance to play through the final version even though its finished.

PZVFGMA.jpg

Please look at this with this song playing. The effect is too powerful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZVQxcFW7A

What a powerful effect indeed...

I was reading his Iwata asks for Xenoblade Chronicles X earlier today. He seemed excited and eager to play it, as he always does. Yet he'll probably never had a chance to play through the final version even though its finished.

But think about it. He'll be able to enjoy Xenoblade X in the afterlife at the same time we all will, right?

It's the thought that counts.

This guy pretty much helped making a part of my childhood enjoyable, and, honestly, i cried a little when i read the news this morning.

These 13 years in Nintendo should have been 26 or more, it was such a short time... But it's been a good time, nonetheless.

I'll remember his irreverence and fun-loving personality fondly, and i don't mean to be presumptuous when i say this, but i think i speak for a lot of people when i wish a long life for his legacy.

Rest in wonderful peace, Mr. Iwata...

We indeed understand. We understand all but one thing. Why did you have to leave the living so soon...? Why did this stupid illness...

Sigh... The best I can do is keep enjoying video games, and I don't need to be asked to do so.

I don't particularly envy the poor guy who has to fill his shoes.

I really hope the next guy will try to resist the inverstors' pressure as much as Iwata did. (Nintendo's stocks increased after the announcement of Mr. Iwata's death)

He really didn't want Nintendo to make crappy mobile games that has most of their features behind a paywall.

Edited by Naughx

Life wouldn't have been this good for me if it weren't for him.

Despite the fact that I myself disagreed with a lot of the business choices he made for Nintendo, I still appreciate all of the incredible effort that he put in.

He was a legend that will be forever missed.

Edited by Rxmonste

Uhhh?

Oops, that was a typo. Sorry, I corrected it.

"He was a legend that will be forever missed."

I think I originally meant to write that he will never be forgotton.

Edited by Rxmonste