Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passed Away

kingddd

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satoru Iwata: the man who helped made Nintendo possible since 2002...

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

You are with the other great men of Nintendo now...(Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gunpei Yokoi)

RIP Satoru Iwata...(1959-2015)

Edited by Edric1225

Just like everyone else i'm sad about what happened. So many feels. Also a while ago PETA put out this statement:

"We at PETA are deeply saddened by the death of Nintendo’s Satoru Iwata. Many of us grew up with Nintendo—we’ve celebrated games such as Nintendogs, which PETA Europe named Best Animal-Friendly Video Game, and our love for these games powered the parodies we’ve made, such as the Super Mario Bros.–spoofing Super Chick Sisters, in which players try to save Princess Pamela Anderson from the evil Colonel Sanders, and Pokémon Black & Blue: Gotta Free ‘Em All, in which players battle to free Pokémon from human enslavement. Our thoughts are with Mr. Iwata’s family and everyone at Nintendo today."

Just dosen't come of as very nice and really self-serving i think. Kinda makes me angry.

Just dosen't come of as very nice and really self-serving i think. Kinda makes me angry.

What a bunch of trolls. That really feel like something you would see on 4chan.

Edited by Naughx

Yeah seriously screw PETA. That was not exactly the most mindful statement ever made given the circumstances, directly making fun of the games he and his company developed. This is why no one likes PETA.

Yeah seriously screw PETA. That was not exactly the most mindful statement ever made given the circumstances, directly making fun of the games he and his company developed. This is why no one likes PETA.

PETA doesn't like animals. They just hate humans

When a friend of mine informed me, I was honestly in disbelief. This was quite a shock, mostly because I had forgotten all about the fact that he had health issues, nor did I know it was cancer. He did a lot for Nintendo in the years he worked there, and I hope his family and friends get through this terrible situation okay.

My apologies for not being able to give my personal condolences to you before, Mr. Iwata-san.

When I learned about this, I was in utter shock. Very unexpected, yet this is how life goes at times, so unfortunate but luckily this doesn't happen frequently (I know though there has been a quite suspecting increased number of very appreciated people ... damnation about Steve Jobs and Robin Williams' deaths as an example!). It may be unfair or not, but no worries, he will always live in our hearts.

Believe always that, no mater what, a person truly never dies as long as is not forgotten.

For the moment is tough to endure this, but we will prevail it. And I also wish my best wishes to his whole family, friends and Nintendo partners.

No matter what, all of us, his family and Nintendo SHALL PREVAIL!

For Satoru Iwata.

Hontoni ... Doumo Arigatou Gozaimasu!

U87c6Eq.jpg

He shall never be forgotten!

P.S: For more touchful images honoring this great man, you can watch more of them by clicking here.

P.S 2: Also, wanted to add that there is no longer any more reason to forcibly remember him. It will always be far than enough by honoring his actions and attitude in the present.

P.S 3: WOW ... just, wow. Seriously, in deviantart you can find tons, tons and LOAD of TONS of images about him. So great! :D

Edited by Erdall

Images related to Iwata-san's funeral:

Belongs to @dylancuthbert (Twitter)

3lrQdXi.jpg

Belongs to @Mulboyne (Twitter)

wtk444r.jpg

More than 3000 people assisted to give their condolences to the family and friends.

Incredible ... just amazing. Seriously.

Satoru Iwata couldn't be more grateful. Such honor ...

iwata_-slider-1024x297.jpg

/respect!

Edited by Erdall

If anyone wants to take the little band for Iwata from my sig and use it too feel free ^^

Domo arigatou gozaimasu! :D

Also, a video to endure this loss ... a song to heal a soul's wounds,

Edited by Erdall

A memory written in a column from Weekly Famitsu by Masahiro Sakurai himself:

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-remembers-satoru-iwata-1719451777?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

He truly praises this man, once great, forever loved! :')

Arigatou Gozaimasu! /bow

The gif in your signature...I love it.