Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passed Away

kingddd

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noo this is too sad!! He was such an important figure in Nintendo! I'm so upset that he's gone...

This explains why he's been skipping E3 for the past year... RIP Satoru Iwata. You were an amazing person that changed so many people's lives.

This is sudden. Wow.

Well, rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. We appreciate all of your hard work.

Edited by Ambulz

Re-posted from FE4 thread:

I talked about it over Twitter, but because nobody here is ever getting access to said Twitter, I'm gonna put this here:

As someone who's had a Nintendo console of some sort all his life, I can safely say I grew up on Nintendo games, and those in turn helped me become who I am today. in some ways for worse according to some, for better in other ways. but I wouldn't change a damn thing. Nintendo has done a lot for my life, and I've put a lot of money - my own or my family's when I was younger - into Nintendo, and that won't change either because even now Nintendo games are a strong presence in my personal life.

Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata. Good game, and a winner is you.

This describes my emotional state at the moment. I don't remember a time when I didn't have a game in my hands, and I know without a doubt that gaming and fandom have made me into the woman I am today. I grew up on Nintendo. I've met the best people I have in my life now because of the games this company put out. I'm glad this post was written, as it says everything that I can't think of to say.

Rest in peace, sir. Rest in peace.

Talked with a few guys on Skype and we realized that the E3 Apology was the last thing Iwata said to Nintendo fans.

This got a lot harder to swallow.

Edited by Chicken Wings

May he forever be immortalized for all that he has done for us consumers along with co workers and employees, and all that he has accomplished throughout his career. We thank you for everything and a special condolence goes out to your family and anyone with the pleasure of knowing you. Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata.

Well.. shit..

I don't normally cry over people dying but...

I.. I think I need to lie down..

R.I.P Iwata.. thank you for everything.

He didn't always make the best decisions, but he had a lot of great ideas and achievements that greatly changed and improved Nintendo. A man that touched so many people's childhoods. both him and Hiroshi Yamauchi for me. R.I.P Satoru Iwata.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

We will all miss you. In appreciation to this wonderful man we shall all change our member title to,"R.I.P Satoru Iwata"

He will forever be missed. Condolences to his family and friends, it is a sad day for Nintendo.

Wow...

Even though I was never big on the conferences and such, from what I saw on tumblr and such the Nintendo crew seemed like people. They weren't there showing off games for the money. They were there because they legit enjoyed what they did for the fans and making games...

This feels so weird seeing that he died..

Like I have been playing Nintendo since I was practically able to so..

It feels like I lost a little part of me that I'll never be able to get back.

Rest in peace Mr. Iwata..

In the end, you've won the game and made memories with every Nintendo fan.

Goddamn, this was really out of nowhere.

2015 has been a really bad year for just good people in general hasn't it? Robin Williams, Leonard Nimoy, Monty Oum and now Iwata, this year has been really depressing, and it only seems to be getting worse.

Goddamn, this was really out of nowhere.

2015 has been a really bad year for just good people in general hasn't it? Robin Williams, Leonard Nimoy, Monty Oum and now Iwata, this year has been really depressing, and it only seems to be getting worse.

I have to add Christopher Lee to this list. That man was an utter legend.