Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passed Away

kingddd

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so sudden :( . You are amazing man and a part of my great childhood, thank you for what you have done for Nintendo. Rest in Peace Iwata-san...

I......I feel like I'm in denial... I'm not trying to be funny or anything, I...I just can't believe this! My mind just doesn't want to wrap my head around this, not at all! ...... I know that this is reality...no matter what way I try to look at this, but its still hard to accept this! This... is gonna hit a lot of people......HARD! Mr.Satoru Iwata, thanks for everything and I pray that you will be able to rest in peace. :'(

Edit:

Chicken Wings, on 12 Jul 2015 - 9:25 PM, said:

Talked with a few guys on Skype and we realized that the E3 Apology was the last thing Iwata said to Nintendo fans.

This got a lot harder to swallow.

Seriously?!... Aaawww man.... :'(
Edited by Busterman64

Wow. I never expected this. I'm really depressed about this. Iwata was a great man and so many of my favorite games were made under his work. Even titles like Earthbound that he worked on personally back in the HAL days. He will be missed.

This is so sad, but if he was sick for a long time I hope he is now at peace. The gaming community lost a great person and I will miss him in the directs, I wondered why he was not at E3 or in the last two directs. This past year has been one of loss, it seems like all the giants are dying off. I am just so saddened by this and my thoughts are with his family.

From what I heard, he was quite the programmer. When Gamefreak was developing Pokemon Gold and Silver, they couldn't figure out how to fit the Kanto region on the cartridge. Iwata figured out how to compress the Johto data. He's probably the reason the 2nd gen is so admired to this day.

Puppet time:

1300109700063189541_zpsigs3sp7s.gif

Also, it seems this is his last picture.

ew5RANJ.jpg

He actually looks like he lost a little weight there... :(

I just can't believe I didn't know he was ill. I do remember him being ill once, but I think that was last year or something...

I'm literally crying right now. Iwata was the man in charge of Nintendo for as long of my gaming days as I can remember. This is completely unreal. RIP you wonderful, innovative man.

Who will take over now in these sad times?

From what I heard, he was quite the programmer. When Gamefreak was developing Pokemon Gold and Silver, they couldn't figure out how to fit the Kanto region on the cartridge. Iwata figured out how to compress the Johto data. He's probably the reason the 2nd gen is so admired to this day.

He was a programming genius and one of the greatest people to be part of Nintendo and HAL

HAL was on the brink of bankruptcy but he stepped in and brought it back financially.

His first big Nintendo game was Golf.

Iwata was the one that proposed and forwarded the creation of Kirby. He didn't design but helped pushed it out of proposal.

He program the original Super Smash Bros and Melee just in time for release. For a game of that calibur in 13 months.

During the development of Earthbound, the main code structure was so awful that Iwata stepped in and rewrote majority of the code to get the game to launch and release.