Pairing Children With Their Fathers Using Support Conversations

Introduction:

I purchased a 3DS and awakening a couple of weeks ago and decided I would like to start a save file using pairings that made the most sense to me based on the support conversations between characters. I don't mean which characters seem to have the best "romance" but which characters are related due to coincidences in their support conversations.

I'm sure most of you have heard of pairing characters such as Lissa and Lon'Qu based on the fact that Lon'Qu shields arrows for both Lissa and Owain.

Using evidence like this I wanted to start a topic where people who are interested could help others in finding these kind of relations between characters. The goal is to conduct a positive and helpful conversation between members and to eventually pair every child bearing lady with a husband that makes sense for her and her child.

For example I'll be starting out with a pairing I just discovered this morning.

Evidence for Chrom x Oliva:

Obviously Chrom and Sumia are heavily pushed by the game as a couple, but their supports are generic, and Cynthia doesn't seem to have any dialogue which would push her as being Chrom's daughter. As I was figuring out who to pair with who I was having trouble with Olivia. I read through the majority of her conversations and well as Inigo's conversations looking for a coincidence or something I could use that pairs him with one father. I found a couple of interesting things:

Inigo's Father: For someone who came from an apocalyptic hellscape, you're awfully carefree. Seems like you haven't a care in the world past whose bed you'll be sharing tonight. Lucina's so driven and serious... It's strange you don't have any of that purpose.
Inigo: No purpose?! I'll have you know I'm EXTREMELY driven!

Inigo's Father: Oh, is that the case?
Inigo: Indeed! I will not rest until every woman in the realm swoons at just hearing my name!
Inigo's Father: ...Your purpose in life is to be popular with girls? You literally traveled across time...to be popular with girls?!
Inigo: To be popular with ALL girls. Genius, I know. But stop, Father. You're making me blush.
Inigo's Father: I... I don't even know what to say.
Inigo: What? It never bothered you when Mother would blush in front of you!
Inigo's Father: No, that's not what... Where do I even begin? Suddenly I'm feeling very tired... I'm going on ahead.
(Inigo's Father leaves)
Inigo: ...... ...Not a care in the world, huh? Not a thought in my head, he means! For being such a softy with everyone else, he sure doesn't pull any punches with me...

The first thing I found is in Inigo and his Father's C-Rank support conversation, regardless of who that may be, Inigo's father says "Lucina's so driven and serious... It's strange you don't have any of that purpose." I found it odd that any of Inigo's parents bar Chrom and The Avatar (MU) would compare Inigo to Lucina, because for the exception of the two listed above any other potential father wouldn't know Lucina well enough to compare her to Inigo. There are several reasons why Chrom makes more sense as Inigo's father than The Avatar (MU). It wouldn't make sense for The Avatar (MU) to have two children because it creates a "plot hole", which I'll detail later. In addition it makes more sense for Chrom to compare the two because many newer or inexperienced parents, like Chrom, compare their children. This makes sense considering Chrom has just become a father to two children.

Further relating Chrom and Inigo is in Olivia's B-Rank support conversation with Inigo and Olivia's S-Rank support conversation with Chrom:

Inigo: ...... Sigh... Let me guess. You're in this one today?
Olivia: Eep! I-Inigo?! Er, what a coincidence!
Inigo: Yes, you just happened to find yourself hiding in a barrel. What ARE the chances? Mother, PLEASE stop trying to spy on me while I practice! You've climbed trees, hidden under bridges, painted yourself in ridiculous camouflage... The time you jumped out from that waterfall nearly gave me a waterfall in my pants!
Olivia: But I want to see you dance! Random people from the camp keep coming across you and raving about it! I'm your mother, and I haven't seen you dance even once! How is that fair?!
Inigo: I'm sorry, but having people see moves that I'm still working on is mortifying. You're as shy as I am. You HAVE to know how I feel. ...Don't you?
Olivia: Oh... W-well, if you're so shy, why do you spend each day hitting on every girl you find?!
Inigo: Heh, you of all people should know the answer to that one. After all, you're the reason I developed this flirting habit in the first place!
Olivia: What?! I most certainly am not!
Inigo: Yes you are! When I was little, I was even more shy than you are now. I came to you in tears asking how to be more comfortable around people. And you said the fastest way for a man to practice bravery was to talk to women!
Olivia: ...Oh, gods. What in the world was my future self thinking?
Inigo: I believe you said it was advice a good friend once gave you. Anyway, I gave it a try, and it worked! ...Surprisingly enough.
Olivia: And then it became a habit?
Inigo: Apparently so. But whatever you want to call it, I owe it all to you.
Olivia: I'm sorry...
Inigo: What? Why? Don't apologize. If I want to help people with my dancing, I need to become as alluring as possible. If I can't talk my way into a date or five, I know I've still got a long ways to go. Flirting is another part of my training. ...With its own benefits, naturally. So, really. I'm thankful.
Olivia: W-well, I suppose as long as it's helped you...
Inigo: It has, and it does! So you don't need to worry about me so much, okay? Now, come on. It's nearly time for supper.
Olivia: It's such a relief to hear he has good reasons for all that skirt chasing. Hee hee! Though I'd love to see a girl's face when he says his mother sent him... But waitI still didn't get to see him dance today! I lugged this barrel in here and everything. ...Ugh, how embarrassing.

Doesn't that seem like a weird and seemingly random thing for her to do? I did some digging and the only other conversation to include barrels is Olivia's S-Rank support conversation with Chrom. It's not really evidence but it's a funny coincidence none the less.

Olivia: Hello, Chrom!
Chrom: Well, Olivia, this is a pleasant surprise. Usually I have to track you down.
Olivia: Well, you always make a point of talking to me, right? I thought it was time I repaid the favor.
Chrom: Ha! Well, I'm honored. I remember the days when you couldn't say more than two words at a time.
Olivia: I know! The old me wouldn't dream of just coming up to you and saying hello. In fact, sometimes, when I'd see you coming, I'd run and hide in a barrel!
Chrom: ...In a barrel? Er, yes. Well in any case, it seems I'm very much in Basilio's debt. If not for him, we'd never have had the chance to become friends.
Olivia: Oh, don't even say that!
Chrom: To think I might have lived my whole life without knowing you...
Olivia: I know, I... I feel the same way. You even helped me be less shy around other people! 'Cause if I can talk to you, I can talk to ANYONE!

Evidence for Lissa x Lon'Qu:

I'm sure most of you have heard of the famous Lissa and Lon'Qu pairings. If you haven't heard why these two make sense paired together, basically it is based on the fact that in Lon'Qu and Lissa's A-Rank support conversation Lon'Qu protects Lissa from an assassination attempt by blocking an arrow for her. In Lon'Qu and Owain's B-Rank support conversation Lon'Qu protects Owain by blocking an arrow for him as well. Owain also says that that's how Lon'Qu died in his timeline. Lon'Qu fathering Owain would also make perfect sense as to why Owain starts as a myrmidon and is skilled in swordplay.

Lissa: The path's kinda bumpy here, Lon'qu. Should we hold hands?
Lon'qu: No.
Lissa: Honestly, you think you'd be used to me by now. And you're always so serious! It wouldn't kill you to smile once in a
Lon'qu: Shhh!
Lissa: That is SO rude! Gods, I'm only trying to
Lon'qu: Get behind me! Quickly! There's a Hngh!
Lissa: N-no, Lon'qu! You're hurt! Please, you can't... Don't die!
Lon'qu: ...Ngh. It's just a single arrow. It won't kill me.
Lissa: Yeah, but any more of them could... And I... I think we're surrounded!
Lon'qu: I wager we've found your assassins. Stay close!
Lissa: R-right!

Owain: Um... You're not still upset, are you?
Lon'qu: Of course I'm upset. You started moaning and shouting out of the blue. Your mother and I were terrified. *Sigh* Look, I AM relieved you're all right. But what was all that about? Some kind of scripted stage acting?
Owain: I don't script anything! I'll have you know, it's entirely improv Er... I mean, it's authentic! I'm the chosen scion of warrior heroes across tide and time!
Lon'qu: And you're not ashamed to say these things out loud...? ......
Owain: Ashamed? Ha! Far from it! Though I suppose I can't blame you for not understanding my bleeding-edge aesthetic. After all, you are the product of an earlier, simpler time...
Lon'qu: ...Hmph. Well, a future where everyone talks like you sounds ...OWAIN, DOWN! NOW!
Owain: What?!
Lon'qu: ...Grah!
Owain: Your shoulder! Father, you're hit!
Lon'qu: Nngh... Archers...in the trees... We're outnumbered... We have to get out of here! Now GO!
Owain: R-right!
(Scene transition)
Lon'qu: We lost them... We should be safe here.
Owain: Gods, not again...
Lon'qu: Hmm?
Owain: Why?! Why did you take that arrow for me?! You could have died! This is how it happens, you know! This is exactly... Er...
Lon'qu: This is how what happens?
Owain: *Sob* Oh, Father... *sniff*
Lon'qu: Owain...are you crying? What's wrong?
Owain: I... *sigh* No, nothing. Nothing is wrong. It was...just more improv, all right? Just forget I said anything. More importantly, we need to get that shoulder looked at. I'll go get Mother.
Lon'qu: ......

Evidence for Tharja x Gaius:
I thought finding a pair for Tharja was going to be difficult because of her Avatar obsession but I actually found this one by accident while reading some of Noire's supports with her potential fathers. It's mentioned that Noire loves sweets in three different conversations. The Avatar and Noire's A-Rank support conversation:

Noire: *Siiigh*
Avatar: Still sighing away, Noire?
Noire: Oh. Hello...
Avatar: Troubles still not resolved, then?
Noire: I wanted to take your advice, but...I don't know what consitutes festive attire.
Avatar: Ah. Well, even if you had, I'm not sure where you'd find any, with the war and all...
Noire: Is there no way to become more girly? I just want to shine like all the others, even for a day...
Avatar: Well, worrying about it isn't going to help. Worry might just be your biggest enemy. Why don't you try unwinding a little? Go do something you enjoy!
Noire: I see. Yes, perhaps I'll treat myself to... Um, to what, exactly?
Avatar: Why not head into town and enjoy a nice meal?
Noire: I couldn't be the only one to enjoy such luxury! Not in times like this.
Avatar: Aww, live a little. You like sweets, right? I don't think anyone could fault you for indulging in a little cake or two.
Noire: You're sure?
Avatar: Sure I am! And if you really don't want to be the only one eating, I'll go with you.
Noire: You...wouldn't mind?
Avatar: Eating cake? Only if you twist my arm! ...So, it's a date? Next time we're in town, we'll swing by the bakery and see what's on offer. Agreed?
Noire: Agreed!

Owain and Noire's C-Rank support conversation:

Noire: Hnnnnrrrggghhh!
Owain: Whoa, Noire! That's an awful heavy load you've got. What are you up to?
Noire: Eep! ...O-oh! Hello, Owain. I'm just bringing some ingredients back from the market.
Owain: Geez, they look heavy. Here, lemme help you.
Noire: Um, but...are you sure?
Owain: Sure, I'm sure! Just drop 'em there, and let your white knight take over!
Noire: I'm sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
Owain: I'm a lone wolf by nature, but the call of an innocent in distress still By the red hair of Eliwood! This really is heavy! Is all this stuff for tonight's dinner?
Noire: No, not exactly. I thought I'd try my hand at confections.
Owain: Ah! And what do you have to confess? Go on now, you can tell old Owain!
Noire: Er, no. "Confections." Baked sweets. Little cakes and the like? So I've got flour, milk, eggs, honey, and a few random fruits.
Owain: Wow, I didn't know you were such an amazing cook!
Noire: Um, well, I haven't cooked anything yet. Actually, this is my first attempt. But maybe you might...try it? I mean...if you...want?
Owain: I'd love to! My sword hand is always hungry for conventions!
Noire: Um, "confections." It's pronounced... N-never mind. Thanks, Owain. I'll try not to let you down.

and Yarne and Noire's B-Rank support conversation:

Yarne: Hey, Noire! I brought you a little treat today.
Noire: Oh, is that a fruit tart? It looks scrumptious! This must have been hard to find, given the state of things. What's the occasion?
Yarne: It's a thank-you for before. When you hid me?
Noire: Oh geez! You didn't have to bring anything! I just threw an old blanket on you.
Yarne: Tut tut! I won't hear it. You saved my bushy tail, so let me repay you.
Noire: Well, if you're sure, then thank you. Would you care to join me? I could get us something to drink... Oh, wait! We have those simulated combat drills today... Darn. There won't be enough time to enjoy this tasty tart.
Yarne: Oh... B-but... I've already done mine! Yep! That's it! Just like my Mother always said, the early rabbit gets the...thingy! Heh heh...
Noire: I...see? Well in that case...
Yarne: A-anyway, let's eat! I'm ready to forget all about those drills.
Noire: They do say that sweets help to ease the body after physical exertion.
Yarne: Y-yeah...

Why does Noire like sweets? Her father is Gaius of course! As an added bonus Tharja only mentions the Avatar once in Tharja and Gaius's C-Rank support conversation when she asks him to swipe a strand of the Avatar's hair. After Gaius declines, Tharja shifts her attention to trying to curse Gaius instead. In Gaius and Noire's A-Rank support conversation Gaius steals Tharja's tools, which would be easy for Gaius to do considering he's a thief.

Gaius: Got a minute, Noire?
Noire: Oh... Hello, Father. What is it?
Gaius: Have a look.
Noire: ...Eeeek! M-mother's cursing implements! Gods, there's so many... Father, what are you planning to do to me?
Gaius: Heh, nothing to you, Noire. I swiped these from your mother so she couldn't put any more weird hexes on you.
Noire: You...you took away Mother's tools? But...you never did anything like this before...

Pairings so far: (Work in Progress)

Chrom x Olivia - Lucina + Inigo
Lissa x Lon'Qu - Owain
Tharja x Gaius - Noire

In Closing (To Be Continued...)

I will be adding more later and I can't wait to see what others can find. Together we may be able to piece together the puzzle that is Fire Emblem Awakening. Feel free to add to or critique my pairings and it's encouraged to come up with your own.

Disclaimer: This topic is purely for fun for members like myself who like to find little bits and pieces of hinting from Intelligent Systems. These pairings are in no way implied, considered, or stated to be "canon pairings" or "optimal pairings." Again these pairings are only for fun!

Edited by TheBakonBitz

Ha, I never noticed the barrel thing! XD Good find! (I'm a shipper of Chrom x Olivia)

I always liked to have this kind of fun with Ike x Elincia myself, looking for bits and pieces I could use to write the pairing in fanfics. Good to see someone else doing this with FE pairings too! :)

Edited by Anacybele

Eh, I don't consider the barrel thing to be relevant. It's not a common trait between father and son, it's a common trait between mother and... mother.

And at any rate, Chrom x Sumia is essentially canon. I consider a far likelier candidate for Inigo's canon father to be Virion. Not only is Inigo's standard hair color in all out-of-game artwork virtually identical to Virion's, and not only does Inigo inherit that signature love of flirting, but Virion is actually unusually successful at romancing Olivia, and Olivia demonstrates an attraction to him regardless of whether they S rank or not.

Honestly, I haven't seen all of Henry's supports, but I figure if there's a single child support where he's actually allowed to act entirely in character, we probably have our answer right there. I know for a fact he isn't Cynthia's dad, because not only is, as I said, Chrom x Sumia as close as possible to being canon, Henry acts completely out of character in his supports with Cynthia.

I'd say Henry x Tharja is canon for Henry. If I believed in canon pairs

In his support with Noire, he actually references outhexing Tharja in their supports in the C, and Noire's personality would make perfect sense with that family.

I'd also like to point out that IS has actually stated that no pairing is actually canon, so I take from that that outrealms means all pairings are canon while not being canon at the same time.

All pairs are canon means I'm not crazy for pairing Eliwood with Lyn and Roy with Sue right

Ha, I never noticed the barrel thing! XD Good find! (I'm a shipper of Chrom x Olivia)

I always liked to have this kind of fun with Ike x Elincia myself, looking for bits and pieces I could use to write the pairing in fanfics. Good to see someone else doing this with FE pairings too! :)

That's nice to hear! Have you found any bits and pieces in awakening that were particularly interesting? I'd love to hear 'em.

Eh, I don't consider the barrel thing to be relevant. It's not a common trait between father and son, it's a common trait between mother and... mother.

And at any rate, Chrom x Sumia is essentially canon. I consider a far likelier candidate for Inigo's canon father to be Virion. Not only is Inigo's standard hair color in all out-of-game artwork virtually identical to Virion's, and not only does Inigo inherit that signature love of flirting, but Virion is actually unusually successful at romancing Olivia, and Olivia demonstrates an attraction to him regardless of whether they S rank or not.

Honestly, I haven't seen all of Henry's supports, but I figure if there's a single child support where he's actually allowed to act entirely in character, we probably have our answer right there. I know for a fact he isn't Cynthia's dad, because not only is, as I said, Chrom x Sumia as close as possible to being canon, Henry acts completely out of character in his supports with Cynthia.

I agree the barrel coincidence doesn't have too much merit but it seems odd that Olivia hiding in barrels only appears in two conversations, one of which involves her marring Chrom.

On the other hand be careful with the word canon. I stated at the bottom I wasn't posting "canon pairings" because quite frankly they don't exist. I won't consider anything canon unless IS states the couples are official or they are official couples in a sequel.

But I agree with you in the fact that the game pushes the player in hooking up Chrom's with Sumia. I was fine with that pairing until looking at pairings for Olivia because Chrom was the only person that made sense as Inigo's father. As of now it seems Chrom makes the most sense because how would Virion know enough about Lucina to compare her to Inigo? Chrom comparing his daughter to his son makes a lot more sense than Viron comparing someone who he had little interaction with to Inigo.

I don't like to use hair color as an indicator of who to pair with whom because it's imposible to get Severa's, Inigo's, and Nah's official hair color all in the same file even including the use of the avatar (who would create plot holes).

For the paragraph about Henry are you saying Henry makes sense with Olivia? I haven't read all of Henry's conversations either and I'll be sure to check them out.

Do you know of any other character pairings with bits and pieces like these. So far I only know of Avatar and Lucina, Lissa and Lon'Qu, and Chrom and Olivia. I'll go into detail on the other two more tomorrow.

Edited by TheBakonBitz

For the paragraph about Henry are you saying Henry makes sense with Olivia? I haven't read all of Henry's conversations either and I'll be sure to check them out.

No, I was saying I'm not sure Henry makes sense with anyone. He's exceptionally quirky in all of his first generation supports, but then he's forced into the generic mold for all the parent supports and I don't actually know of any such supports where he actually acts entirely like his normal self.

I'd also like to point out that IS has actually stated that no pairing is actually canon, so I take from that that outrealms means all pairings are canon while not being canon at the same time.

The game data seems to suggest otherwise...

No, I was saying I'm not sure Henry makes sense with anyone. He's exceptionally quirky in all of his first generation supports, but then he's forced into the generic mold for all the parent supports and I don't actually know of any such supports where he actually acts entirely like his normal self.

If going by father-child supports, look no further than Nah. Henry has an odd reason for marrying Nowi, and instead of being randomly paranoid like for her other fathers Nah perfectly nails it with him.

If going by father-child supports, look no further than Nah. Henry has an odd reason for marrying Nowi, and instead of being randomly paranoid like for her other fathers Nah perfectly nails it with him.

...Eh, except that in the japanese version she accuses her father of marrying Nowi because he's a pedophile instead of suspecting it was a shotgun wedding like in the english version.

I've seen said data, Czar, but I just assume that those are "suggested pairs", similer to how Eliwood x Ninian and Hector x Lyn are the suggested pairs of FE7.

Sides some of the pairs in the data make no sense to me

Henry works well with Panne. Their supports give some backstory on Henry's life as a child and how he was raised by wolves and he keeps his personality by offering to kill the entire camp to please Panne and he mentions his obsession with blood.

The game data seems to suggest otherwise...

Those support logs seem pretty reliable. Everyone makes sense except for Cordelia x Libra.

There isn't really that big of a difference in support growths in Awakening, though. It's nothing like the massive difference in the support growths and benchmarks for Roy/Lilina or Eliwood/Ninian compared to other pairs. Though most of the "canon" pairs by that list do line up with my personal favorite pairs.

Anyway, on subject with the thread which is about basing headcanon pairs on the generic Father/Child supports: I'll discuss Severa.

In these supports Severa manages to coerce her father into buying things for her by acting cute, with her father initially falling for it but later becoming more strict and demanding that she do work in order to earn gifts in future.

I personally think this aligns well with Frederick (a normally strict individual who is rather soft around those he cares for) or Donnel (a weak-willed but diligent farm boy).

I think it doesn't work for Henry, who doesn't seem to care for hard work at all.

Some interesting data I found. Apart from the female avatar, Olivia gives Lucina the best HP and Strength growths of any parent, and is on par with Sunia for skill and speed. Granted, it's not a huge boost (1-2%), and you get the best defense with Sully, and better resistance with Sumia. But it's something to keep in mind.

Updated the main post with the fairly common Lissa x Lon'Qu theory as well as a Tharja x Gaius theory I found today!

There isn't really that big of a difference in support growths in Awakening, though. It's nothing like the massive difference in the support growths and benchmarks for Roy/Lilina or Eliwood/Ninian compared to other pairs. Though most of the "canon" pairs by that list do line up with my personal favorite pairs.

Anyway, on subject with the thread which is about basing headcanon pairs on the generic Father/Child supports: I'll discuss Severa.

In these supports Severa manages to coerce her father into buying things for her by acting cute, with her father initially falling for it but later becoming more strict and demanding that she do work in order to earn gifts in future.

I personally think this aligns well with Frederick (a normally strict individual who is rather soft around those he cares for) or Donnel (a weak-willed but diligent farm boy).

I think it doesn't work for Henry, who doesn't seem to care for hard work at all.

That makes sense, I also think Frederick would fall for her tricks at first, but eventually start to try and shape her up and teach her that she has responsibilities. Most people don't like Cordelia x Frederick because they say she never got over Chrom, but if they read it they would find she actually does and actually loves Frederick after he proposed to her.

Some interesting data I found. Apart from the female avatar, Olivia gives Lucina the best HP and Strength growths of any parent, and is on par with Sunia for skill and speed. Granted, it's not a huge boost (1-2%), and you get the best defense with Sully, and better resistance with Sumia. But it's something to keep in mind.

Chrom x Olivia sounds like a good pairing for Lucina gameplay wise. People made it sound a lot worse than Sumia but it doesn't seem to be.

Some other possible answers:

Vaike x Sully: Really, it's the only conceivable way to justify everyone's insistence that Kjelle is this amazonian powerhouse. Even then her strength is only slightly above-average for a second-gen girl, but it's as close as Kjelle's depiction gets to actually lining up with reality.

Cordelia x Kellam. I've never read their supports, but Severa's personality hinges upon her interactions with her mother throughout her childhood more than any other of the future children, and this suggests that her father simply... lacked presence in her life. Plus, Kellam's probably the most likely husband for Cordelia to cause her to openly mention her feelings for Chrom, for the same reason. It's a bit of a stretch, but I think it makes sense.

For some reason, I can see this topic ending badly, but I'm just a paranoid person so don't worry about it so much.

The only pairings that I can find to be "canon" or whatnot are Virion/Panne and Frederick/Sumia, even if I don't like the latter very much.

With Virion/Panne, Yarne's all concerned about his father cheating on his mother and threatening his existence (least C-B), and with a guy like Virion, who flirts with practically everyone, it's not hard to see why. (Suppose you could count Virion/Olivia too, for Inigo's flirting skills, but idk.)

Cynthia's all about having her father be a hero and hanging out with him, despite her father's initial objections. Frederick is initially a powerhouse in the beginning of the game, and I don't think I'm doing a good job explaining but it just seems fitting right there. Plus, when Cynthia is going on and on about his heroic entrances or hanging out in town, her father is noticably flustered and uncomfortable. Fits in Frederick's personality.

Those are the only examples I can think of rn and boy do they suck I'm sorry

You know, I always wonder what it would be like to have a Mamkute-Tanguel/Human hybrid...would be interesting nonetheless.

Anyways food for thought:

Chrom x Olivia - One can argue that Inigo with blue hair 'looks' almost like Chrom...so yeah. And to be honest, I don't really like Cynthia as Chrom's daughter. :x

Lissa x Vaike - I really want to appreciate Lon'qu as Owain's father, but Vaike's existing support conversations with Chrom sounds reasonable for connection-relations. Also, Vaike!Owain have blond hair...so yeah.

Sully x Kellan - Just because of Kjelle's hair colour from the official artwork, and she starts off as a Knight...so theres that.

Maribelle x Virion - The most noblest choice of a couple as far as I can think of.

Tharja x Gaius - Odd couples are awesome imo. Orange hair + Green outfit = Irish Noire

Cordelia x Gregor - Considering Severa starts off as an Mercenary, I guess it makes sense. Also Gregor!Severa have red-hair sorta...?

Miriel x Ricken - Red-hair and Mage/Magic user. No real reasons to consider this, but meh.

FeMU x Priam - Because I'm fucking bias and I love that pairing with a burning passion.

Lucina x Priam!Morgan - Descendants, thats why.

Can't think of the rest atm...

Edited by Formerly Colm

You know, I always wonder what it would be like to have a Mamkute-Tanguel/Human hybrid...would be interesting nonetheless.

Anyways food for thought:

Chrom x Olivia - One can argue that Inigo with blue hair 'looks' almost like Chrom...so yeah. And to be honest, I don't really like Cynthia as Chrom's daughter. :x

Lissa x Vaike - I really want to appreciate Lon'qu as Owain's father, but Vaike's existing support conversations with Chrom sounds reasonable for connection-relations. Also, Vaike!Owain have blond hair...so yeah.

Sully x Kellan - Just because of Kjelle's hair colour from the official artwork, and she starts off as a Knight...so theres that.

Maribelle x Virion - The most noblest choice of a couple as far as I can think of.

Tharja x Gaius - Odd couples are awesome imo. Orange hair + Green outfit = Irish Noire

Cordelia x Gregor - Considering Severa starts off as an Mercenary, I guess it makes sense. Also Gregor!Severa have red-hair sorta...?

Miriel x Ricken - Red-hair and Mage/Magic user. No real reasons to consider this, but meh.

FeMU x Priam - Because I'm fucking bias and I love that pairing with a burning passion.

Lucina x Priam!Morgan - Descendants, thats why.

Can't think of the rest atm...

You must really love hair, right? I normally don't consider hair to be a factor in pairings because it's impossible to have every child character with their official hair color in one save, even if using the avatar. You can't get Nah green, Severa red, Inigo silver, ect.

You must really love hair, right? I normally don't consider hair to be a factor in pairings because it's impossible to have every child character with their official hair color in one save, even if using the avatar. You can't get Nah green, Severa red, Inigo silver, ect.

You can so get Severa red hair and Inigo silver hair. Gregor and Virion. And as I said, Virion also makes perfect sense as Inigo's father anyway, so that's another point in its favor.

But what do you think of the two I added yesterday?

Well, yes and no. I've emphasized the children's initial classes in contrary to the fathers as well. (ex. Ricken!Laurant as practical choices for Magic users besides the red-hair :p).

It is after all 'purely for fun' no? o_0

Edit: And yes I do love the hair-colours for certain children (which I already listed lol).

Edited by Formerly Colm

• 2 weeks later...

At first, I thought you were actually going somewhere with this, but it kinda fell flat XD Barrels? Those lines were only translated that way by the localization, it doesn't exist in the japanese text. I do agree that I found Chrom/Olivia's family dynamic fitting and rather cute, but you listed some weak reasons :P

For one, Inigo's japanese name is Azur. Azure is literally the color blue. This leaves the question: why did Olivia name her son (whose canon hair color is grey) the color blue? I dunno, but it atleast fits better if his father is the blue haired lord. Alot of people also note their uncanny resemblance, hair color or not.

Inigo is also the only other Chrom child that mentions The Brand and their Future Past conversation is rather well written as Inigo being the prince in line who doesn't know his father or his place in the royal lineage.

Not even Cynthia is as convincing as Chrom's child, which says alot given that her parents are the most implied ship in the game.

One thing I wonder about if were talking canon pairings, would anyone consider the oddity of Cordelia or Ricken's S support conversations with the Avatar as noteworthy? Because they're the only two who don't have "Id: Serenity" play instead of the standard "Ha! Yes, it will take some getting used to" or whatever it is.

Of course, it could just be a developer mistake, though the Avatar seems JUST right enough to fall for Severa's C support schemes.

• 2 weeks later...
Took a little bit of a break from the forums and this thread got a lot more replies than I expected, sorry for not replying right away.

Some other possible answers:

Vaike x Sully: Really, it's the only conceivable way to justify everyone's insistence that Kjelle is this amazonian powerhouse. Even then her strength is only slightly above-average for a second-gen girl, but it's as close as Kjelle's depiction gets to actually lining up with reality.

Cordelia x Kellam. I've never read their supports, but Severa's personality hinges upon her interactions with her mother throughout her childhood more than any other of the future children, and this suggests that her father simply... lacked presence in her life. Plus, Kellam's probably the most likely husband for Cordelia to cause her to openly mention her feelings for Chrom, for the same reason. It's a bit of a stretch, but I think it makes sense.

Sully x Vaike would definitely explain Kjelle's natural strength but she say any where whether she was born with it or if she got it from training? The emphasis of cooking in her support conversations make be learn toward Stahl. As for Cordelia x Kellam I can't really see it as much. For Severa's supports to work she would need someone who would have a backbone and make her do chores and earn rewards, much like Frederick or the Avatar. I personally don't think Kellam could stand up to his daughter :/:

You can so get Severa red hair and Inigo silver hair. Gregor and Virion. And as I said, Virion also makes perfect sense as Inigo's father anyway, so that's another point in its favor.

Even using the Avatar you can only get one of the three exclusive hair colors per save file. Gregor's hair is a little bit more brownish red and Virion's is definitely light blue instead of silver if you want to get technical. http://i.ytimg.com/vi/w4052hl1Agk/maxresdefault.jpg http://imgur.com/1H6JfUO

From Inigo's supports with Olivia, in the future she was the one to encourage him to start flirting, not the father.

Olivia: Oh... W-well, if you're so shy, why do you spend each day hitting on every girl you find?!

Inigo: Heh, you of all people should know the answer to that one. After all, you're the reason I developed this flirting habit in the first place!
Olivia: What?! I most certainly am not!
Inigo: Yes you are! When I was little, I was even more shy than you are now. I came to you in tears asking how to be more comfortable around people. And you said the fastest way for a man to practice bravery was to talk to women!
Olivia: ...Oh, gods. What in the world was my future self thinking?
Inigo: I believe you said it was advice a good friend once gave you. Anyway, I gave it a try, and it worked! ...Surprisingly enough.
Olivia: And then it became a habit?
Inigo: Apparently so. But whatever you want to call it, I owe it all to you.
Olivia: I'm sorry...
Inigo: What? Why? Don't apologize. If I want to help people with my dancing, I need to become as alluring as possible. If I can't talk my way into a date or five, I know I've still got a long ways to go. Flirting is another part of my training. ...With its own benefits, naturally. So, really. I'm thankful.
Olivia: W-well, I suppose as long as it's helped you...
Inigo: It has, and it does! So you don't need to worry about me so much, okay? Now, come on. It's nearly time for supper.
Olivia: It's such a relief to hear he has good reasons for all that skirt chasing. Hee hee! Though I'd love to see a girl's face when he says his mother sent him... But wait—I still didn't get to see him dance today! I lugged this barrel in here and everything. ...Ugh, how embarrassing.

Another barrel reference :Kappa:

Well, yes and no. I've emphasized the children's initial classes in contrary to the fathers as well. (ex. Ricken!Laurant as practical choices for Magic users besides the red-hair :p).

It is after all 'purely for fun' no? o_0

Edit: And yes I do love the hair-colours for certain children (which I already listed lol).

I know I was just teasing you :D:

At first, I thought you were actually going somewhere with this, but it kinda fell flat XD Barrels? Those lines were only translated that way by the localization, it doesn't exist in the japanese text. I do agree that I found Chrom/Olivia's family dynamic fitting and rather cute, but you listed some weak reasons :P

For one, Inigo's japanese name is Azur. Azure is literally the color blue. This leaves the question: why did Olivia name her son (whose canon hair color is grey) the color blue? I dunno, but it atleast fits better if his father is the blue haired lord. Alot of people also note their uncanny resemblance, hair color or not.

Inigo is also the only other Chrom child that mentions The Brand and their Future Past conversation is rather well written as Inigo being the prince in line who doesn't know his father or his place in the royal lineage.

Not even Cynthia is as convincing as Chrom's child, which says alot given that her parents are the most implied ship in the game.

The barrels thing wasn't really evidence, I just thought it was a coincidence no one even mentioned before. I didn't know that was his Japanese name all the more reason for Chrom to make sense, but Virion supporters could use that for an example as well :/ (even though virion!inigo doesn't make any sense.)

Edited by TheBakonBitz

I never liked the Arrow-parallel for explaining Lissa/Lon'qu as a "canon" pairing. Except from their starting class, Lon'qu and Owain have nothing in common. Lon'qu is a serious guy who does not talk a lot, while Owain is more or less the complete opposite. I personally think that Henry would explain his over-the-top character the best, as both are very cheerful during combat. And Henry is the only dad that is not angry at Owain after his antics in their B-Support. Another note-worthy candidate to explain Owain's behaviour is Kellam (though I personally think that Lissa's and Kellam's S-support is not very good). In their Future Past Convo, Owain tells Kellam that he had the Problems with not beeing noticed too, so he started acting all theatrical for the others to start seeing him.

Libra is also an interesting character for Owain's father. In his supports with Tharja he reveals that his Parents gave him away because they believed he was possesed. This is something that Libra wants to forget. Owain on the other hand uses his "posession" as a source of power for himself, which is a rather nice coincidence. But I have to admit that Libra/Lissa is one of my favourite pairings, so I included this because I'm a little bit biased. :)

I never liked the Arrow-parallel for explaining Lissa/Lon'qu as a "canon" pairing. Except from their starting class, Lon'qu and Owain have nothing in common.

1.) They're both self-proclaimed 'swordsmen.' Lon'qu hones his skills to be the best swordsman, while Owain is all about 'Down Sword Hands!'...so obviously theres some continunities?

2.) Lissa as a mother who's a magic user, while Owain's character is clearly meant to reflect that of a physical unit makes no logical sense unless Lon'qu is the father. And maybe...Vaike sorta...?

3.) Almost all of Owain's potential fathers support covos are generic so that's kinda ambiguous.

Point is, Lissa x Lon'qu makes technical sense to reflect Owain for who he is.

Edited by Formerly Colm

Well, if were taking the father/child support in consideration, then Brady's father cannot be Ricken, Virion or anyone else of noble blood, seriously Brady's supports with his father makes no sense if the father is Ricken or Virion, since both enjoy tea, honestly the most fitting is someone like Gaius, since he is not of noble blood, and we also have to remember that Gaius and Maribelle have a very rocky past with each other, and their supports also have a lot of backstory for both of them, and it seems to explain Gaius's tatoo.

Edited by Water Mage