Jakob/Felicia/Flora Discussion Thread

Vashiane

Didn't see a thread for the butler and the maids, so here goes!

Discussion open for anything related to them; characterization, supports, classes, stats, the whole nine yards.

Edited by Vashiane

I'm so incredibly gay for Joker it physically hurts

conversely, Felicia's voice and "cutesy" character make me want to vomit loudly

it's a shame Joker's apparently total ass stat-wise, whereas Felicia can kinda be okay

Jakob's one of my favorites. His design is fantastic and his Japanese voice is so pleasant to listen to. I'm loving his personality. I'm curious about the new Butler class, too. Just wish I could have him from the beginning of the game instead of Felicia. :(

Edited by Sir Frederick

Honestly, I pretty much went gay for Joker the moment I saw his design and the fact that he was voiced by Junichi Suwabe

if his English VA isn't someone really good, I'm gonna be very upset

Felicia's voice is annoying but I like them both as far as designs go.

I dunno about gameplay though.

Their stats are pretty... meh. Jakob's is especially meh.

Jakob I'm disappointed how am I supposed to carry on the family line with stats like that.

I married Flora on the third route. She's pretty cool, but man her speed and luck. She can't really double 90% of things, and

Felicia and Joker are cool too. I just wish kunai were stronger.

I like all of them, surprisingly. Joker's a jerk in a lot of his supports, but its in the rather fun snarky way that makes you laugh (though I swear I keep thinking of Archer instead of him for half the lines). Felicia is surprisingly endearing, and her quirk isn't played up NEARLY as much as I thought it would be (it's still a lot, but it doesn't cross that line). AND FLORA MADE ME CRY IN THAT STUPID BIRTHRIGHT/HOSHIDO SCENE. Plus, you know, for someone with only three supports, she's got decent characterization.

As I have not played the game, do not know much about stats, and have only read through the supports... I'm just sitting here with my character comments and I hope that's okay.

I actually am quite a fan of Felicia. While I admit the whole "clumsy maid" thing is a bit overplayed, she stands out well with her determination, her loyalty, and her surprising skills in battle for a good contrast. I mean, fighting off someone like Pieri to a standstill takes massive brass, and that earned her major respect from me. Of course, I will also admit, I do tend to really feel for characters who are so intensely down on themselves. As a person with massive self-esteem issues, it's easy to relate to her. And her support chain with Flora is probably one of my favourites outside of the royal siblings supports.

Flora, I am a huge, huge, huge fan of, and I am extremely disappointed that she only can support with Kamui and Flora. I would have really liked to see her support with Jakob, especially after seeing the Hoshido path... but alas, I suppose that is what fanfiction is for. Totally not going to do anything about that myself. Nope. No idea what you're talking about. I really do like Flora as a character, and as it was noted above me, for someone with such minimal support options, she got some impressive characterization, especially in the Hoshido path... Even if it did make me hate myself immensely.

Jakob, and I know I'll get hurt for this, I'm completely split in half over. His behaviour is honestly funny, I like the idea of a snarky servant who is snarky to everyone but his master, and I admit his voice is a beautiful draw. I was onboard the GAR FOR ARCHER ship all the way when I was playing Fate, and I am a sucker for his voice here, too... but sometimes he just seems to cross the line for me, and he stops being funny. He's quite sympathetic, he has plenty of reasons to be the way he is, but it doesn't sit well with me all of the time. I was laughing hysterically when he was getting into a spat with Camilla and with Frederick, but when he was digging into Felicia and dodging Elise, I kind of wanted to hit him over the head with Yato... Please don't hurt me.

ngl as much as I love joker a lot of his S ranks rub me the wrong way

like C-A is all fun and shit but then he comes on really forceful on the S (despite also being a massive dick in C-A) and it feels really contrived.

Picking a wife for him will be quite a task

Edited by Thor Odinson

I find Jakob hilarious and great, Felicia to be alright, and Flora to be interesting.

Also, Jakob's convos with Flora if he enters battle against her makes want to write onesided Flora/Jakob fics. *dodges bricks*

I find Jakob hilarious and great, Felicia to be alright, and Flora to be interesting.

Also, Jakob's convos with Flora if he enters battle against her makes want to write onesided Flora/Jakob fics. *dodges bricks*

Is there any way I can find a translated version of this conversation? I'm quite curious myself.

Is there any way I can find a translated version of this conversation? I'm quite curious myself.

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3c887s/joker_and_flora/

Keep in mind that it's from Reddit, so it might be exaggerated a little, but

I've seen Flora's... onesided love for Jakob been mentioned other places, and there hasn't been anything that contradicts it so far, so the onesided love part is accurate at least for now. (And Jakob being Jakob is probably on the accurate side as well)

Honestly, I pretty much went gay for Joker the moment I saw his design and the fact that he was voiced by Junichi Suwabe

if his English VA isn't someone really good, I'm gonna be very upset

If it's possible, I think I'm going to play through with the Japanese voices. I'll give the English voices a try, but from what I can see so far...I think I'm going to prefer the Japanese ones. And Junichi Suwabe's voice brings back too many good memories.

In other news, Joker is hilarious. Any character with that much sass is a favorite in my books, much love for him.

Don't get me started on the moe for Felicia, though. I'm going to vomit buckets. I know that some ppl find her very endearing, but...I just can't. As for Flora, I still don't really know enough about her to form any solid impressions. I shall wait until more stuff is translated.

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3c887s/joker_and_flora/

Keep in mind that it's from Reddit, so it might be exaggerated a little, but

I've seen Flora's... onesided love for Jakob been mentioned other places, and there hasn't been anything that contradicts it so far, so the onesided love part is accurate at least for now. (And Jakob being Jakob is probably on the accurate side as well)

Aww... :(

Edited by Ryo

ngl as much as I love joker a lot of his S ranks rub me the wrong way

like C-A is all fun and shit but then he comes on really forceful on the S (despite also being a massive dick in C-A) and it feels really contrived.

Picking a wife for him will be quite a task

I remember liking his supports with Azura and Belka as a whole, but I can't remember if the S supports themselves were fun reads or not.

I remember liking his supports with Azura and Belka as a whole, but I can't remember if the S supports themselves were fun reads or not.

Just went to check

He's really nice to Azura, yeah. The S rank he was actually really polite too and not overly forceful like a lot of other S ranks. I might marry them. Works out well since they're both support units too.

Belka's is alright. Not bad compared to the average S rank of FE14 supports. It's a pretty decent S.

His S with Rinka though entirely rubbed me the wrong way so even though I love them both I'm not going to pair them ever.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Not very fond of Jakob. I know there are a lot of people who like that kind of character and that's fine, but his character type is just not my cup of tea. Felicia is cute, although the game does focus too much on the 'clumsy maid' side of her character and not enough on the 'incredible warrior' side. Flora is my wife.

I also find Joker to be too much of a douchbag to be usable. The loyalty to only Kamui also seems hypocritical somehow. Especially since I'll have a Mamui, he's invariably going to be benched unless I need a bonus heal-bot in most circumstances. I actually don't get why people like him (or Takumi, for that matter, they're both serious jerks).

Felica is way too moe-moe-kyun-kyun as well for that matter. The klutz-maid trope has never been a favourite of mine. At least she's shown to be a competent combatant, which partially redeems her character (even if it makes no sense for her to suddenly lose her dexterity when handling tableware in the first place). I also think its kinda odd that's she is shown to be such a decent combatant when she has a 20 STR/DEF growth... hardly conductive to a battle-monster...

Flora is, as many people have said, probably the best of retainers. Has impressive characterisation despite her limited dialogue. Has a balanced growth-line (barring being a little slow). It's just a bit of a shame she's a Kamuisexual. If she shows up in a playthrough I might make her into a female Hero, since Charlotte is clearly better suited for Berserker.