Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally starting to dick around with this. Probably the only person other than gringe screwing with FE6, mostly because it's the one I'm the least burned out on. Seems like there're still some flaws to work out? Invariably the narrative in Chapter 1 locks up shortly after Lilina enters the scene if lords are randomized (I don't know if some specific data is loaded into memory at that point or what) - after insisting she can fight too, the dialogue stops progressing, no arrow, just music; trying to skip the scene does nothing if I've already hit that point, but skipping it earlier progresses as normal.

Additionally, at random the game will do a similar lock or a hard reset when an enemy tries to attack - I've had it happen both with randomized classes and randomized items enabled, both together and individually, with and without any extra settings for either. I've never seen any visual clues as to what might cause that to happen. If it doesn't happen the first turn it doesn't seem to happen at all, at least for that map, though.

Could just be I'm doing something wrong that ought to be obvious. I'm using the v1.0 localization patch, and I start fresh every time I try to randomize.

Been having some fun with this lately. Pirate Eliwood, Monk Hector, freaking BARD WALLACE, Wyvern Rider Nils, etc.

Bu they all pale in comparison to this: post-17392-0-74632600-1437619368_thumb.pngpost-17392-0-81479800-1437619387_thumb.png

I had a good laugh when I saw the beefiest Cleric ever.

Side note, ive run into a minor oversight. It only happened once, in the chapter that Rath joins when you have to press switches. I believe the boss was a Knight, but at the very least he was a class that could use lances. However, he was spawned with a Steel lance, which he was unble to wield and thus could not attack. If you want more detail, i can play through lyn mode again and get more specific details if you want (I already saved over the file with the chapter completed :P).

Also, for some reason, When I went from Lyn mode To Eliwood mode and the characters transferred over, Dorcas kept his inventory but no one else did. Kinda dissapointing because Lyn was holding Wallace's knight crest (I literally had no knights, Cavaliers, or Soldiers to premote) and an elfire, but at least Myrmidon Kent got a brave sword. Muahahahahaha All of the 4x hits. :Kent:

Having tons of fun with this also Fa became very Wolf/Sedgar like, she's a prepromote with meh stats but amazing growths lol.

DlzwmYl.png

Also she gives no crap about magic.

i wonder if there is an option to activate the odd color pallet that i hear happens that looks ugly, unless its just a fire emblem 8 thing, where the many class changes dont really change at all...

i wonder if there is an option to activate the odd color pallet that i hear happens that looks ugly, unless its just a fire emblem 8 thing, where the many class changes dont really change at all...

In FE8 for some reason the pallets are generic when units aren't their default class.

My Knoll for instance (Might be hard to see.)

ZAYVX3d.png

Is just a plain blue Pirate.

Also is it just me or does everyone who randomizes a bow class start out with a ballista?

Edited by Jedi

FE8 will never have random palettes. It's difficult to explain to non-romhackers and I'm pretty tired so I won't bother, but let's just say only FE6 and FE7 ever will be able to do this due to how palettes are structured in the rom.

Coincidentally, FE8 is also vastly superior at how it handles palettes in non-randomizer situations. I wish FE6 and FE7 did this.

I leave you with this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3dd23j/every_fe7_palette_possible_when_using_the/

i see.... i never knew FE8 was that superior on that matter. makes me wonder if anyone would be crazy enough to try and mess with the games code to do random pallet swaps. but regardless this information turned out to be interesting. so thanks.

I reported that bug, it was actually in 1.0. FE8, right? Or was it also FE6/7?

The bug only appeared when I patched FE8 on 1.0.1, but not 1.0. Just tested FE7 real quick and the bug doesn't appear to affect it.

FE8 will never have random palettes. It's difficult to explain to non-romhackers and I'm pretty tired so I won't bother, but let's just say only FE6 and FE7 ever will be able to do this due to how palettes are structured in the rom.

Coincidentally, FE8 is also vastly superior at how it handles palettes in non-randomizer situations. I wish FE6 and FE7 did this.

I leave you with this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3dd23j/every_fe7_palette_possible_when_using_the/

Didn't read the link. No time.

But... Are you sure that the palettes for randomized classes in FE8 are always default? Because I have a rather pink Garcia Knight.

Hey. I've been playing this a lot lately, especially with FE8, and I just wanted to give my impressions and a few tips.

-If you randomize movement, don't put the minimum at one. You have no idea how annoying it is to have a 1 mov lord in a game where a lot of chapters involve seizing.

-If you randomize weapon hit, do not put the minimum at 0. It just makes a lot of useless weapons.

-If you put random weapon effects, whwnever attacking with a weapon, savestate right before attacking. You never know when the weapon wil have a devil effect.

-If your randomized iron axe is really good, you might have difficulty recruiting Ross and Garcia.

-If you randomize thieves, be ready to not be able to open a lot of important chests.

-If you like arena abusing, and because of that are afraid of putting unique classes because monsters can't go to the arena, remember, Only monsters that use claws and bites can't go to the arena. Monsters that use weapons can.

-Summoners are not actually useless in this game, because the phantoms can get more than one hp because of random growths and base stats. They won't get more than 0 defence and res though.

-If your monster weapons suck, but your enemy's are great, remember you can steal them with the enemy control glitch.

-I haven't seen any Gorgons or Cyclops yet. Do they replace promoted units and I've just gotten unlucky, or are they not in class rotation?

This is a pretty fun tool. I'll play around with it some more.

-If you randomize thieves, be ready to not be able to open a lot of important chests.

They sell chest keys at ch9 of Eirika's route iirc. When I discovered that it was a godsend because every run I've done so far gave me 0 thieves.

-I haven't seen any Gorgons or Cyclops yet. Do they replace promoted units and I've just gotten unlucky, or are they not in class rotation?

I got a Gorgon Myrrh, don't know about Cyclops but I don't see why they wouldn't appear.

They sell chest keys at ch9 of Eirika's route iirc. When I discovered that it was a godsend because every run I've done so far gave me 0 thieves.

I got a Gorgon Myrrh, don't know about Cyclops but I don't see why they wouldn't appear.

Yeah, but there are important chests before that like the elysian whip one at chapter 8.

Wait. A Gorgon Myrrh? I thought manaketes were a tier 1 class because I've seen a manakete L'arachel. Gorgons should be tier 2 no?

Another class I haven't seen, now that I thing about it, are Draco zombies (understandable because OP as fuck) and soldiers.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, August 2, 2015 - That looks like an accident!
Hidden by eclipse, August 2, 2015 - That looks like an accident!

Yeah, but there are important chests before that like the elysian whip one at chapter 8.

Wait. A Gorgon Myrrh? I thought manaketes were a tier 1 class because I've seen a manakete L'arachel. Gorgons should be tier 2 no?

Another class I haven't seen, now that I thing about it, are Draco zombies (understandable because OP as fuck) and soldiers.

EDIT: welp I fucked up.

Edited by nemid

EDIT: welp I fucked up.

The weird thing about that is every playthrough I've had, Myrrh appeared as a T2. Maybe that was just done for balancing? I've gotten a soldier but no draco zombie. I wasn't too worried about the earlier chests because I only prefer to use a single flier but I can see the problem in that. Of course, if you don't want to deal with it you can always not randomize thieves. It's nice to have so much liberty in what we can randomize.

On a side note, I decided to take a shot at some palette editing for fun, since I plan to hopefully do an LP eventually and figured I should do some for fun/practice on my recent run! Colm is fab.

1997%20-%20Fire%20Emblem%20-%20The%20Sac

Edited by Theguru1020

Hey. I've been playing this a lot lately, especially with FE8, and I just wanted to give my impressions and a few tips.

-If you randomize movement, don't put the minimum at one. You have no idea how annoying it is to have a 1 mov lord in a game where a lot of chapters involve seizing.

-If you randomize weapon hit, do not put the minimum at 0. It just makes a lot of useless weapons.

-If you put random weapon effects, whwnever attacking with a weapon, savestate right before attacking. You never know when the weapon wil have a devil effect.

-If your randomized iron axe is really good, you might have difficulty recruiting Ross and Garcia.

-If you like arena abusing, and because of that are afraid of putting unique classes because monsters can't go to the arena, remember, Only monsters that use claws and bites can't go to the arena. Monsters that use weapons can.

-Summoners are not actually useless in this game, because the phantoms can get more than one hp because of random growths and base stats. They won't get more than 0 defence and res though.

-If your monster weapons suck, but your enemy's are great, remember you can steal them with the enemy control glitch.

This is a pretty fun tool. I'll play around with it some more.

Just made it to chapter 9, enemy boss Binks got randomized to Cyclops, so it is possible for you to get it :D