Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

First of all, thank you for making such a user-friendly randomizer -- I really appreciated how hovering over all of the different options in the randomizer gave me detailed information on what everything did. I just completed a randomized run of FE6 and am currently progressing through FE8.

On FE6:

On my run, with randomized classes and items, it was impossible to get to the final part of the game. This is because Yodel, who normally joins with the divine weapon from Sacae/Ilia and the staff, joined my army as a druid with 2 hammernes instead of the divine weapons. Every other divine weapon pickup was fine, it's just that Yodels got randomized into other weapons, thus making the endgame impossible to reach. Is this possible to fix?

on FE8:

This is just something small, but I was wondering if in the Randomizer you could separate monsters from other special classes? I wanted to potentially randomize my units as dancers and trainees but I wasn't too keen on throwing monsters in the mix.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever come out with an android comparable version could you let me know?

Do you not have a computer? You could just get the program on your computer, randomize, and then transfer to your tablet/phone. Thats what i do.

Do you not have a computer? You could just get the program on your computer, randomize, and then transfer to your tablet/phone. Thats what i do.

I have a computer but it is a very laggy one that's 6 years old, I can't even run Google chrome without waiting 10 minutes.

Would be nice if you added monster weapons to the shops. Only way I can get better ones is having another recruitable character be the same class and starting with the better weapon.

In my randomized FE6 playthrough, the game stops at the enemy phase of turn 4 I think? The turn before Geese comes out of the village. The music and graphics keep looping, but the enemy just won't move. I would have written this off as being a result of my having applied a few other patches like Console Canto and stealable weapons, but I've heard of someone else having the same problem on a ROM that had only been randomized.

I don't know how it can be fixed, but there's an issue (In FE8 at least) with Boosted growths for ennemies.
If they go to high (around 125%, I think I've seen a 127), they become negative, (up to -126) preventing the stat to grow.

It affect mainly unpromoted obviously, since promoted unit's' growths are generally lower.

You see it mainly for HP, or other high stats (it's the reason you see Fighter with no Str, or Knight with paper-like Def.)

Edited by Tamanoir

I don't know how it can be fixed, but there's an issue (In FE8 at least) with Boosted growths for ennemies.

If they go to high (around 125%, I think I've seen a 127), they become negative, (up to -126) preventing the stat to grow.

It affect mainly unpromoted obviously, since promoted unit's' growths are generally lower.

You see it mainly for HP, or other high stats (it's the reason you see Fighter with no Str, or Knight with paper-like Def.)

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's just a nightmare module display issue (growths are unsigned iirc, just look at FE6 karel)

unless it's something specific to enemies, which I wouldn't know about

Edited by Lamia

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's just a nightmare module display issue (growths are unsigned iirc, just look at FE6 karel)

unless it's something specific to enemies, which I wouldn't know about

You are correct. Growths are stored as unsigned integers (0 - 255). I'm pretty sure the nightmare module is incorrectly interpreting it as a singed integer (-128 - 127). And the randomizer should already be taking that into account, so the highest possible growth is 255.

As for why it can't be signed, Lamia had a good example, but specifically in FE8, look at Myrrh's growths. A signed integer couldn't hold her HP or DEF growth properly (130% and 150%, respectively).

The reason why the enemies are pretty poor is because classes have pretty crappy bases and pretty horrid growths for the autoleveling routine.

I dunno if anyone's mentioned it yet, but the game freezes around turn 5 enemy phase during chapter 12 Eirika route. I'm going to try and figure out which unit is cause the freeze; will update this post as I go.

EDIT: I think I figured it out.

4feYWYg.png

The spider outlined in black was the one causing the crash. The skeleton outlined in blue is normally one space north. When the spider gets close to the plains tiles, it still doesn't have enough movement to make it, and the AI isn't smart enough to go around the skeleton. Therefore, the spider tries to walk onto the skeleton's tile and causes the game to freak out.

My solution, which works so far, is to move the skeleton one space south, as seen in that picture. If you use Nightmare, go into the Chapter 12A Unit Editor, go to 0x48 (it should be a skeleton with a killing edge) and change the x coordinate to 68 (don't ask, I don't understand how coordinates work in FE).

EDIT2:

niHP3sV.png

????

All the ones in that bottom area have the problem.

EDIT3: Suspend/resume got rid of that issue.

Edited by Tequila

So something I've noticed from doing a lot of randomized runs... I've never gotten move over 8, although the randomizer says it should be from 4 to 9. Am I really unlucky or is this a confirmed bug?

Funny you mention that, I was just thinking how odd it was that I never had a 9 movement unit.

Also, it should really go from 1-15.

I noticed the same thing as well.

Also, a small detail, but there's a scene with Cormag and Glen at the beginning of chapter 10 where the characters aren't randomized (At least in Eirika Route) (That is in my game, Vigarde was a Genral, where he should be a Dage F, Glen was a Wyvern Lord, not a WK, and so on...)