Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

I just encountered a strange little bug or something. I attacked an enemy with an archer. The enemy had a hand axe and attacked back and his HP (Just the number, not that actual bar) just went up into the question marks for a while and then settled. My character displayed having taken no damage during that time, but was dead after the battle. I did check the 'Allow Random Traits' box.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has making a NPCs/Bosses not in creature campaign/Trial Maps part of the randomly playable units considered?

I was thinking the enemy/class growths for unplayable enemies could be used. Alternatively switching up the portraits, and making new simple new growths could possibly work?

• 2 weeks later...

visual basic is great for what it does; i was under the impression it was slowly getting phased out of existence (which I'm fine with as I think it's poorly designed) but it works for making windows applications

the problem is that people who are most familiar with C-syntax'd languages (which is a lot of people, myself included - for reference, anybody who started with java probably falls under this group) look at VB.NET and say "wtf is this shit". I personally find VB very annoying to read, which is why I haven't actually made any of those pull requests I've been promising.

although that's not really an excuse because C# and VB.NET work really well together

Edited by CT075

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I was just talking about this with somebody and we were wondering if it's possible to generate a text document that display growth rates after a randomize? I've been getting asked by a couple people about how I check growths in my LP recently and I figured this would make things easier than having to open Nightmare every time.

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I was just talking about this with somebody and we were wondering if it's possible to generate a text document that display growth rates after a randomize? I've been getting asked by a couple people about how I check growths in my LP recently and I figured this would make things easier than having to open Nightmare every time.

Same.

Also, if that's not possible, how do I check the growth rates in Nightmare?

Does anyone know how to fix the animation for player controlled Draco Zombies?

Also thanks a bunch for the work everyone put in, my friends and I are going to enjoy the hell out of playing a joint account and yelling at each other due to the increased difficulty.

Hey, I use a mac so I couldn't use it myself, but my friend was kind enough to set up a randomizer copy of sacred stones for me. But when I tried it out, a strange thing happened: everyone was completely unfettered by any and all terrain.

Any idea what went wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me with this? I already have the v1.0 of this, but when I download the zip of v1.0.1, I don't see any executable files, just a lot of .ico and .vbproj stuff.

Edit: Ok, I'm dumb. It seems you need to click the 'Raw' button. Duh.

Edited by CrystalPoke

Ok, I read through every single reply and I think nobody has had the same issue I'm having, but basically, when I try to randomize it, I've checked all the executables in the zip, the ones both in bin and obj, in the release and debug folders of each of those folders, and all the other ones I could find in those, as for in in the primary folder I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing there, I get the feeling I'm incredibly blind, but either way, the one in bin/debug tells me I have to install .NET framework 4.6 (which I have...) and all the rest open, but upon trying to randomize, I've tried with FE8 and FE6, I get both these errors, different ones mind you... I think:

for FE8:

System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '27' Key being added: '27'
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)
at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.RandomizeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\lushe_000\Documents\Universal-GBA-FE-Randomizer-Windows\GBA FE Stat Randomizer\GBA FE Stat Randomizer\Form1.vb:line 383
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GBA FE Randomizer
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Silvestre/Desktop/Randomizer%202/GBA%20FE%20Stat%20Randomizer/GBA%20FE%20Stat%20Randomizer/obj/x86/Debug/GBA%20FE%20Randomizer.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And for FE6:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowsApplication1.FECharacter.initializeWithBytesFromOffset(FileStream& filePtr, Int32 offset, Int32 entrySize, GameType gameType, TextManager& textManager, Hashtable& classLookup) in C:\Users\lushe_000\Documents\Universal-GBA-FE-Randomizer-Windows\GBA FE Stat Randomizer\GBA FE Stat Randomizer\FECharacter.vb:line 177
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.RandomizeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\lushe_000\Documents\Universal-GBA-FE-Randomizer-Windows\GBA FE Stat Randomizer\GBA FE Stat Randomizer\Form1.vb:line 380
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
GBA FE Randomizer
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Silvestre/Desktop/VBA/Randomizer%202/GBA%20FE%20Stat%20Randomizer/GBA%20FE%20Stat%20Randomizer/obj/x86/Debug/GBA%20FE%20Randomizer.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
And unfortunately for me I don't understand any of it...
There's no doubt I'm missing something here, I just don't know what, sorry for the bother... and probably noob question, but if you could help me out that'd be great thanks.

Sorry for the wall of text...

I'm having the exact same problem that TheSilverglitch is having, and haven't been able to find any way to solve it. It could be that I'm extracting files in the wrong location but I've tried so many combinations of rom files and randomizer files being in the same folders to no avail. It doesn't help that there's like 4 versions of the .exe file in the zip folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

I tried randomizing FE6, but when I started the game some units had literally no movement while others could move almost the entire map and some had ballista weapons even while being normal archers. Is there any way I can just have the units change classes without any other changes?

I tried randomizing FE6, but when I started the game some units had literally no movement while others could move almost the entire map and some had ballista weapons even while being normal archers. Is there any way I can just have the units change classes without any other changes?

When u randomize it just only tick the box that says randomize class and any under that check all boxes u want. i also am haveing the same problem as TheSilverglitch and spoon_rythm