Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

Bone can't cross the mountains if he's in certain classes, but it doesn't make sense on Bazba.

Bandits are ecluded from the randomizer, quite simply (no class can become Bandit, No Bandit can change class).

If you change Bazba's class (and Bone to) in the randomizer, his class will be randomized.

The same thing happens with Sonia in FE7, if I remember correctly (but not Limstella).

And for the recruitable version of Vaida (Not her Boss Version.).

So, if you change Bazba's class before (to Fighter, for example), he will be reclassed.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so started FE 8 random recruitment and I got Ewan as my lord. Thing is he capped his levels at 10 and wont auto class up the next chapter. Anyone know how to fix this?

You have to get a Master Seal (Legally or not.).

There's no other way.

You can see what kind of pupil he is by checking his mov. 4 mov means he's a Pupil (1), promoting to Pupil (2), Mage or Shaman (iirc), and you need a Master Seal, 5 mov means Pupil (2) in which case a Guiding Ring works, and promotes him to Sage or Pupil (3).

Edited by Gradivus.

You have to get a Master Seal (Legally or not.).

There's no other way.

You can see what kind of pupil he is by checking his mov. 4 mov means he's a Pupil (1), promoting to Pupil (2), Mage or Shaman (iirc), and you need a Master Seal, 5 mov means Pupil (2) in which case a Guiding Ring works, and promotes him to Sage or Pupil (3).

Thanks both of you :)

Will I also have to do this for Amelia and Ross or no? Id assume the level 10 promotions are codes for their character slots and not the class. Also anyone know what would happen I kept Ewan as a tier 1 then went ephraim route because it auto levels to 15 but hed be capped at 10.

Edited by HoennZach

Thanks both of you :)

Will I also have to do this for Amelia and Ross or no? Id assume the level 10 promotions are codes for their character slots and not the class. Also anyone know what would happen I kept Ewan as a tier 1 then went ephraim route because it auto levels to 15 but hed be capped at 10.

Sam things for Amelia and Ross, or anyone who ends up in one of the trainee class.

No idea, but I think he would just stay the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having problems, i've put the following options for randomizing classes.

Randomize Classes: on

Include Lords: On

Include Thiefs: On

Include Bosses: On

Allow Unique classes: On

Allow Crossgender: OFF

and increased enemy and boss growth rates +20%

and yet it seems that people are getting classed into female gender classes when i specifically turned it off. Why? the only thing i did to the rom, was changing item data so some of the weaker weapons have more uses.

I've been having problems, i've put the following options for randomizing classes.

and yet it seems that people are getting classed into female gender classes when i specifically turned it off. Why? the only thing i did to the rom, was changing item data so some of the weaker weapons have more uses.

What game are you using it for?

Fe7, I assume?

If so, did you also change recruitment?

I've noticed that the characters who are in Lyn mode will often show up with the portraits of those in their recruitment slots until Lyn mode is complete. And, when you start from or continue into Eliwood/Hector mode, those characters will still think they're the genders of their recruitment slot, rather than whoever they became.

Also, anyone know if recruitment slot, character, or class decides who's levels count towards the Ilia/Sacae route in Fe6 and the snow chapters in fe7? (IE, if Shin is an armor knight and was recruited where Gonzales should be, does leveling him lead me towards Sacae or should I level whoever appeared in his spot? Or maybe even just level nomads?)

EDIT: And also my save file just stopped working after I suspended the game. For whatever reason, the rom overwrote the save with totally blank data. Any clue what caused this? Its happened before so I have a backup of a few chapters back but I'd really like to know for the future >__>

Edited by cloverking

(IE, if Shin is an armor knight and was recruited where Gonzales should be, does leveling him lead me towards Sacae or should I level whoever appeared in his spot? Or maybe even just level nomads?)

EXP gained (the units in Shin's and Sue's spots) vs EXP gained (the units in Shanna and Tate's spots)

[spoiler=found the problem]I'm playing FE6 NM with Increase enemy growths (Up to 100%) and find some stats being suspiciously low, indicating that classes can have reduced growths, which shouldn't happen since the option is there to increase growths.

3HfNa5H.png0deewR6.pngwUcs8g9.pngpSAXFhc.png

Look at the Druid's mag, the Hero's and Merc's HP and the Wyvern's Str. For comparison's sake, those are the chapter 12x druid and a bunch of chapter 13 enemies.

Has anything similar been seen by other people? It might be a result of me messing with nightmare (all I changed was caps and weapon stats though), but I'm inclined to think an algorithm in the randomizer might be bugged.

EDIT: Found the solution, see post #242.

Edited by Gradivus.

Oh, did you guys know that Klok is actually updating this? Pretty sure he's fixing all the problems you guys are having.

Check it out on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4j5iyp/does_anyone_here_code_in_visualbasic_need_help/

Oh, I didn't know, thanks.

Also, as far as my save wiping glitch, it happened a THIRD time.

PSA: For whatever reason, if I reset in chapter 11A after the turn where the peggy riders appear, it will always wipe my save >__>

so if you're doing FE6, take the B route!

RIP main lord Rutger the brigand

Edited by cloverking

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... Having some strange issues with this and FE7. I've randomized it, and then used FEditor and nightmare to change Eliwood's portrait and palette - this has had the undesired side-effect of preventing all units but lord-classes from moving on normal terrain. Their MOV values are normal, but they can't walk on ground. Strangely, they can walk on villages? Except that the archer can't, he can only go to the entrance. I figured it might have something to do with the checksum, but I took a look in HxD and couldn't figure out what to do at all. Re-adding the randomizer one does nothing, and placing the randomizer one before the newer one causes the portrait to break the game. Any ideas?

snVj3wU.pngWSYy9YL.pngMdNYfKB.png

Portrait works nicely, good hair there ; Mini-mug also works, looks fine ; Eliwood can't move at all

T9sIBJW.png16CzVB2.pngsxJ9pcB.png

Lyn!Marcus can move fine though? ; Enemies can't move at all ; Bartre can visit the village though?

V8GT1Zo.pngWf6xrKM.png2oWUxAz.png

Dorcas can just walk on the village ; Changing the checksum breaks everything, as can plainly be seen

y5ImO8r.png

But everyone can move fine now???

I think that this might have something to do with the randomized class movement from the randomizer - as it differs from class to class??? But that's weird, because that option was not checked when randomizing this ROM.

Edited by KaBombz

Well, now I'm playing through FE6 NM randomized with Exactly +50% growths, and the Knights in chapter 6 have 17 HP at level 7 and at level 10, which is the base for male Knights, which is mathematically impossible when the class growth is (50+x)%. Either there's a bug in the randomizer or the game can't handle enemy growths higher than 100.

EDIT: Confirmed that setting the >100 growths to 100 solves the problem, this should probably be incorporated into the randomizer.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you make it so that every upgrade item in the game except the ones for the Lords changes to an earth/master seal?

no, but you can by changing what upgrade is called by the seal. it'll take 5 minutes at most of changing the pointer

Well, now I'm playing through FE6 NM randomized with Exactly +50% growths, and the Knights in chapter 6 have 17 HP at level 7 and at level 10, which is the base for male Knights, which is mathematically impossible when the class growth is (50+x)%. Either there's a bug in the randomizer or the game can't handle enemy growths higher than 100.

EDIT: Confirmed that setting the >100 growths to 100 solves the problem, this should probably be incorporated into the randomizer.

Yeah, when I randomize a ROM, enemy Fighters always tend to spawn with 15 HP or so, without taking levels into account (I used up to 50 growth tho)

FE7's tutorial killer doesn't work. pls help

Yeye, we hear you, no need to do multipost!

Just download a 100% cleared save file, there are plenty of those on the internet.