Universal GBA FE Randomizer v1.0

lushen124

Hey! Love the randomizer, first off. I finally got to the endgame of FE7 (I normally get too excited to get new classes and start over at some point), and got a little bit of weird behavior. I'm running random recruitment, and in this run, Athos got randomized into Bishop!Geitz, and his inventory ended up being filled with a Mend and various light tomes, so I missed out on all the Lords' endgame weapons, except one - he had one slot open which was filled with Sol Katti. Would there be a way to make sure the character in Athos's slot gets assigned fewer default weapons, so all the engame weapons show up? Or any other workaround you could think of. Maybe an option not to randomize Athos's slot? 

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Sluef said:

Does randomize recruitment work on lyns story? Because it does not seem to be working

Usually for me it does work, though it most likely will make the game unbeatable (at least for me) so beware of that.

13 hours ago, SeneriotheBrandedPrince said:

The game works fine when I play it without randomizing, but when I do the colors start to get all messed up, does anybody know how I can fix this?

one.png

two.png

This has to do with character palettes matching up with the class. As you can see, Lyn palettes sorta match up with the female archer class.
You can fix this using FERecolor and BSPaletteAssembler.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to play this on GBA4IOS and I reached chapter 3 and every character except Sain does the attack animation. Is there a way I can fix it? Characters: Lyn-mage, Sain-Mercenary, Kent-fighter, Florina-mage, and Wil-lord (Eliwood).

11 hours ago, WinterMidnight said:

Can character recruitment order not be randomized until after Lyn's story in FE7? I randomized it, but everyone is showing up in their usual places.

Lyn's mode is kinda weird. All characters in Lyn's mode actually have two slots in the game, one for Lyn's and one for the rest of the game. I can't speak for the creator, but I would assume Lyn's story is left out to avoid giving you double Wils, ect.

You can still play through Lyn's mode, but the characters classes and/or growths will be randomized again, and if you randomized recruitment, their stats will carry over to their replacements in the main story, rather than their own.

Not sure if their weapon-levels are affected, or possibly their classes as well, but I recommend you just skip Lyn's mode.

Having a blast with the randomizer! If I might make a suggestion. I think adding the option to "Shuffle" the growth rates would make it more interesting and provide a possibly more stable character than the standard Complete Randomization. Just my two cents.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:05 AM, BlueTetri619 said:

This has to do with character palettes matching up with the class. As you can see, Lyn palettes sorta match up with the female archer class.
You can fix this using FERecolor and BSPaletteAssembler.

Oh I see, it was just that when I watched youtube playthroughs their colors seemed to be fine, but I watched more and this seems to be just a normal thing, I thought there might have been problems with my emulator or something, but yeah, thanks a bunch! :D

9 hours ago, SeneriotheBrandedPrince said:

Oh I see, it was just that when I watched youtube playthroughs their colors seemed to be fine, but I watched more and this seems to be just a normal thing, I thought there might have been problems with my emulator or something, but yeah, thanks a bunch! :D

No problem! :D

Hey, I've noticed something, its seems as tho the randomizer doesn't randomize the bases for the classes.
They are all the same in the changelogs save for the mov stat :/
(idk why, but the site wont let me attach the changelog, sry)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I used the Randomizer to change growth rates in Fire Emblem 7 and while doing that I checked the option for Weighted HP Growths. The description says that HP growth rates get an additional 10% but I still got characters with 5% HP growth.  Is that a bug or did I not understand that option correctly?

• 5 weeks later...
On 6.6.2017 at 11:20 AM, Akion3 said:

Game: fe 8 

For some reason whenever i crit with ANYONE they suicide. And seeing as seth is a swordmaster the crits are pretty frequent and well im not sure why that happens or how to stop it

Did you check if your weapons have the devil effect?

Have you thought about adding a way to choose whether the devil effect is randomized or not ? having the rapier end up with devil effect 4 times in a row isnt fun , otherwise incredibly good randomizer.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm doing a Sacred Stones randomized run and I'm on Chapter 12: Village of Silence on Eirika's route. For some reason, whenever I get close to the gate at the end and finish the player phase, the enemy phase starts and automatically restarts the game. I tried restarting the emulator, but it doesn't fix the problem. Anybody know what's wrong?