RandomSwordmaster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was the reason I asked what he wanted to be a month ago :D

Also, no offense is intended in any way, if there is any. I suck at writing XD

EDIT: u should do a co-commentary with him :p

Also, can a mod move this to the main forum now, as it is now finished-ish?

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

EDIT: u should do a co-commentary with him :p

I asked EnderSlicer12 just now, and he's more than enthusiastic to join me for commentary.

Oh, do you want this streamed or recorded normally?

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

It's entirely up to you. Also somewhat depends on when you're livestreaming if you are doing so cause I want to see your reactions live XD

Hm... Well the other submission asked me to do things normal, so I'll do this one live. It'll be a nightmare to edit later, but it'll probably be worth it.

I'm off of work on the 22th, 23rd, and 24th. When would be a good time for you during those days (I'm Eastern Standard Time)? For once, I'm gonna schedule this and announce when it'll be happening. GET HYPE... and such.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I'll try it when I can, I guess. Count on me to tear apart your work give it a good review.

EDIT : Gave it a try.

Could you tell me how to win

minus Torch Glitch? Cause I don't know how to trigger it there (the generals spawning on the spot doesn't mean they're moving I guess).

If you don't use it, you'll end up too late. +You deal 10 damage to him while he counters you for 10, meaning you'll never have the upper hand.
The hero crest thingy was really well thought by the way.

So yeah, another option than exploiting a glitch? Because it doesn't seem like I can win it fair there.

Liked the generic descriptions by the way, and some events were really funny. ^^

EDIT 2 : Oh well, read the hint.

Though there does not seem to be any in-game hint for that. The first thing I thought when I saw the torch was "torch glitch", so... maybe modifying the description on the torch staff to leave it a subtle hint could work?

That's an amazing idea by the way. ^^

EDIT 3 :

Killed EEV after discarding his lance due to torch glitch, nothing happened. Intended?

Edited by Nintales

I knew someone would find THAT one event funny :p In my opinion, no Ragefest hack is complete without him...or similar characters.

EDIT 2: Ill get an update with the Torch Staff's description updated.

EDIT 3: I'm not entirely sure why nothing is happening. The DefeatBoss event is supposed to trigger upon his death so....I have no idea. Note to self: mark lances as treasure >:D

As for beating the boss, what you have to do is....

You only need 2 out of the 3 vulneraries to beat EEW in time. You DON'T want to attack him directly, rather, you walk up to him and use your Vulnerary(if you haven't already), he will hit you for ten and you will counter for some amount, use Vulnerary again, and repeat until EEW has less than 10 HP, at which you attack him and gg. This is only possible within the time limit if you have optimized your path using the Torch staff.

Oh boy. I didn't look at the general's weapons. That is really clever there. I actually beat the boss using Torch Glitch (thanks Gheb), so yeah, didn't use the vulneraries. I got the last one, but didn't check the two. Well thought there, really well thought.

EDIT : Defeated him again using the vulneraries, nothing happened.

Edited by Nintales

In the next update, it will be impossible to win with the Torch Staff glitch >:D

Anyways, the hack is hard if you don't know what you're doing, but REALLY easy once you know all the parts to it. It's like a puzzle.

Also, some enemies may seem tougher than normal, and there are some that are weaker than normal. Pay VERY close attention :)

I should just add in a weapon with 100% devil reversal but OP stats just to troll the player :D

Now how to buff devil reversal chance.....

i wonder if anyone will try to beat moniker to the punch and lp this before he does

To troll more the player, give that in the secret shop. :D

Make it look so fun to use, then DO IT.

Another thing that could make Gheb's event funnier would be making the Hax axe getting Devil Reversal. Gheb attacks Moniker FOR HE IS THE TIMELORD, gets hit by its own axe, then gets annihilated into oblivion. What do you think of that? :D

Ah, and there's no text when you fight EEW with Enderslicer. Something needs to be added.

Edited by Nintales

Nah, cause then Moniker loses his cameo and whatnot. I was seriously considering it though. I'll see if there's any way I can put it in.

As for the troll sword...I HAVE THE PERFECT IDEA FOR THE DESCRIPTION!

you'll have to play it when I update it to find out :D

Yea, battle quotes seem to be all fked up. Perhaps I should replace him with...Batta? Seeing as this is the Prologue chapter, perhaps his quotes will work then?

My honest thoughts on it.

If you don't know about the trick with Torch, the chapter's impossible, but if you do know it, it's trivial. The race against the clock is a good concept and I like the way the items you need are hidden in plain sight, but the path is linear, the enemies lack variety and the surprises either don't slow you down or force you to wait. It feels like the chapter's half-finished.

Edited by Baldrick

My honest thoughts on it.

If you don't know about the trick with Torch, the chapter's impossible, but if you do know it, it's trivial. The race against the clock is a good concept and I like the way the items you need are hidden in plain sight, but the path is linear, the enemies lack variety and the surprises either don't slow you down or force you to wait. It feels like the chapter's half-finished.

That was kinda what I felt about it when I made it as well. I was trying to aim moreso for entertaining, rather than difficult. Think of it as a math problem. If you don't know the right formula, it's virtually impossible. If you do know how to do it, its easy as hell. So I tried to make it moreso funny and entertaining while doing so. Again, this is the first hack I ever made so gameplay innovation isn't my best suit.

Well, pretty much nobody makes a good first hack. But I don't think it's a good idea to submit the first hack you make, unless you're satisfied that it's your best effort.