Weapon and Item Shops

NekoKnight

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should the player be able to access route exclusive weapons and items via My Castle?

As it stands, you are only able to purchase basic equipment from other players' My Castles, which is almost identical to what you can already purchase from your own shops. Do you think the game should be patched to allow players to access ALL the weapons and items from weapon/items shops in alternate routes? If so, should there be limitations (such as a higher price or less stock)?

Some may argue that exclusive weapons is part of what makes the routes unique but that would make them the exception to the other sharable content. You can already get route exclusive characters, classes, skills and resources so why not weapons? The 3rd route already gets access to both weapon/item shops so shouldn't Nohr and Hoshido players have a method to get them too?

Here are some weapon types that are mostly exclusive to their routes:

Hoshido: Warrior Weapons (double might for enemy phase), Slayer Weapons (effective weapon damage against a certain type of weapon), Reverse Weapons (reverses weapon triangle)

Nohr: Brave Weapons (attack twice on the player phase), Killer Weapons (high critical hit chance and more damage).

The route that has a bunch of Swordmasters can't get a Killing Edge. Think about it.

Edited by NekoKnight

they are still only "mostly" exclusive though for at least some of those weapon type, ie you get (at least) 1 killer axe on Hoshido vs the 2 at max level in the armoury in nohr + whatever you find normally. And are you sure they don't get a killing edge trough a chest or something, i mean if they have a killer axe....

Edited by goodperson707

As it stands, you are only able to purchase basic equipment from other players' My Castles, which is almost identical to what you can already purchase from your own shops. Do you think the game should be patched to allow players to access ALL the weapons and items from weapon/items shops in alternate routes? If so, should there be limitations (such as a higher price or less stock)?

Some may argue that exclusive weapons is part of what makes the routes unique but that would make them the exception to the other sharable content. You can already get route exclusive characters, classes, skills and resources so why not weapons? The 3rd route already gets access to both weapon/item shops so shouldn't Nohr and Hoshido players have a method to get them too?

Here are some weapon types that are mostly exclusive to their routes:

Hoshido: Warrior Weapons (double might for enemy phase), Slayer Weapons (effective weapon damage against the same type of weapon), Reverse Weapons (reverses weapon triangle)

Nohr: Brave Weapons (attack twice on the player phase), Killer Weapons (high critical hit chance and more damage).

The route that has a bunch of Swordmasters can't get a Killing Edge. Think about it.

Swordslayer Naginata, I'm pretty sure swords and naginata are not the same type of weapon

You can't purchase the limited number, route-exclusive weapons because they are supposed to be limited in number and route-exclusive.

Unique equipment like Bolt Axes, Slayer Weapons and Killer Weapons are limited for a reason: they can completely change the worth of a character and the dynamic of a battle and therefore they must be allocated carefully. I'm not going to complain that I can't give all my characters the perfect cool weapons I want, when allocation of resources is a vital and compelling aspect of the gameplay.

Part of the game balance, live with it. Samurais aren't quite defined by their crits anymore. Look at Kazahana's strength growths. Samurais can double, do solid damage and dodgetank, are PP-oriented (as made obvious by skills like Line of Death and Flowing Strike) and backup the front lines.

Part of the game balance, live with it. Samurais aren't quite defined by their crits anymore. Look at Kazahana's strength growths. Samurais can double, do solid damage and dodgetank, are PP-oriented (as made obvious by skills like Line of Death and Flowing Strike) and backup the front lines.

You can't purchase the limited number, route-exclusive weapons because they are supposed to be limited in number and route-exclusive.

Unique equipment like Bolt Axes, Slayer Weapons and Killer Weapons are limited for a reason: they can completely change the worth of a character and the dynamic of a battle and therefore they must be allocated carefully. I'm not going to complain that I can't give all my characters the perfect cool weapons I want, when allocation of resources is a vital and compelling aspect of the gameplay.

How can you cite "game balance" when the 3rd route has access to both weapon shops? You don't get these weapons for free you know. Unless you spend a lot of time grinding, you won't be able to afford buying all the weapons you want. I'm just advocating for options to suit the player's playstyle.

How can you cite "game balance" when the 3rd route has access to both weapon shops? You don't get these weapons for free you know. Unless you spend a lot of time grinding, you won't be able to afford buying all the weapons you want. I'm just advocating for options to suit the player's playstyle.

The third route has twice as many units that the player could in theory be managing, and while you have both shops, those shops are still limited. You can buy one Expert Shuriken and one Brave Axe and you can only buy them after you beat Chapter 20. I don't think there should be a way around that. That is there to limit distribution of powerful or gimmicky weapons among the party, and that shound remain.

I'm actually fine with exclusivity. Mostly because I want reasons to play all three routes beyond the characters maps and stories. Unfortunately, the third route is shaping up to have a majority of characters and likely the weapons and the most interesting story, though I think I'll play all of them first before reaching my final decision on that. The maps thankfully are unique which is pretty cool.

But yeah, I think exclusive weapons will hopefully give each route that extra flair it needs.

Although yeah, it's weird to see Brave and Killer weapons exclusive to routes now rather than available to all. Though to be fair when I did buy them I never used them cause they would break. Maybe I'll finally have reasons to use them this time.

^ while brave and warrior weapons are probably fully exclusive, there is at least a killer axe in Hoshido (on Crimson), and a reverse club in nohr (village in chapter 10 if i compared the Japanese text right) so i would assume there is 1 of each of those weapon types, but that is just a guess. You still most likley only get 1 instead of alot of them but that applies to a lesser extent to most non basic weapons now. But the weapons are still partly exclusive if that is a thing. And i don't think you get the opposite A level weapons so there is that.

Hmm, that's strange. Are weapon and item shops really that limited when visiting another player?

I don't have the game, but from the My Castle introduction video, it seemed as though you could buy anything you normally could.

Plus there must be some reason for Japanese players listing their shop levels in FC topics, right? Or does only determine if you can buy Bronze/Iron, Steels and Silvers?

Hmm, that's strange. Are weapon and item shops really that limited when visiting another player?

I don't have the game, but from the My Castle introduction video, it seemed as though you could buy anything you normally could.

Plus there must be some reason for Japanese players listing their shop levels in FC topics, right? Or does only determine if you can buy Bronze/Iron, Steels and Silvers?

You can't buy limited stock items over WiFi, but since level 3 vendors have infinite seals and stones, those stores are desirable. Level 3 armouries are only a benefit for infinite silver weapons, because everything else is limited stock.

Some people are suggesting that if you haven't bought something limited from your store, it will be available over wifi. But I have never seen anyone with a Gold shop have any limited equipment, and I find it impossible that everyone bought all 8 Kodachis.

Huh, that's curious. Looks like the My Castle video had some false advertising then.

It showed the player entering another player's armoury and there were limited stock weapons for sale.

Then again, the transition was kinda abrupt, so it could have been their own armoury instead.

Oh well, time to fix the page XD

Huh, that's curious. Looks like the My Castle video had some false advertising then.

It showed the player entering another player's armoury and there were limited stock weapons for sale.

Then again, the transition was kinda abrupt, so it could have been their own armoury instead.

It's either that, or they decided to remove it at the last minute.

False advertising indeed. There was no ambiguity in the video. They clearly showed exclusive weapons being available and even compared weapon shops. I'm starting to think they removed that feature to incentivize the 3rd route...

The third route has twice as many units that the player could in theory be managing, and while you have both shops, those shops are still limited. You can buy one Expert Shuriken and one Brave Axe and you can only buy them after you beat Chapter 20. I don't think there should be a way around that. That is there to limit distribution of powerful or gimmicky weapons among the party, and that shound remain.

Having access to twice as many characters doesn't mean you're going to outfit them all. The money and experience to go around isn't double. I'm not saying that you should get unlimited Killer and Brave weapons, I'm saying you should have the same limited stock that the 3rd route does. "Yes, but with limitations" is one of the poll options.

Edited by NekoKnight