Takumi discussion thread

amaicherii

So I've seen some discussion threads of other characters and since there wasn't a Takumi one I decided to create one myself. To be completely honest, when the trailers came out and there was a big hype pre-game release I didn't pay much attention to him except for his design, which I really loved his ponytail is rad brah (I know some fire emblem fans don't like archers but I LOOOVE them). But now that I know more about him I find him incredibly interesting and love this character.

I don't know how much of it is a joke and how much isn't but Takumi seems to be a bit unpopular with some people because he doesn't like Kamui from the very start and/or due to some other circumstances that mainly have to do with the story. In my opinion, I think he's actually a very human character with all the self-insecurities he has and with the time it takes him to warm up to Kamui.

I also love his voice yes yes I know many remember Yuuki Kaji for voicing Eren Jaeger but trust me, he has many different roles and is a very talented voice actor/seiyuu and think it fits him wonderfully.

HIS SUPPORTS WITH LEON ARE GOLD (gosh I love Leon too).

[spoiler=Translated website page]post-16947-0-28802100-1436849290_thumb.jpg

What are your thoughts on Takumi? :)

Edited by amaicherii

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Takumi for being an interesting character with a very realistic initial reaction towards Kamui, and he just feels more believable in a way because his motivations are not Kamui-centric. He's not exactly "nice" and he's far from perfect, but that just makes him more believable because who the fuck is like that in real life? It gives him more of an opportunity to grow throughout the story and be relatable.

Also please don't tell me we're going to have a discussion thread for every character there's too much already

His OA is far better than his abysmal art in game, as demonstrated by the above two posters.

I like Takumi for being an interesting character with a very realistic initial reaction towards Kamui, and he just feels more believable in a way because his motivations are not Kamui-centric. He's not exactly "nice" and he's far from perfect, but that just makes him more believable because who the fuck is like that in real life? It gives him more of an opportunity to grow throughout the story and be relatable.

Also please don't tell me we're going to have a discussion thread for every character there's too much already

I think so too! Yeah, I'm glad his initial reaction towards Kamui is hostile not only because it feels more believable but also because it works a lot for his character development, in my opinion.

Sorry, I figured there would only be character threads for the main characters ;w; are there really lots of character threads? oops

Edited by amaicherii

Even without having played the Nohr side, I'm pretty sure Takumi will be my favorite character out of everyone in If. I do like that he has a very realistic reaction (albeit a bit harsh) to Kamui. Also because of the way I was inconsistently spoiled early on, I didn't trust the Hoshido side thinking they just want you for the war and the blood relation thing might have been a lie so when I did my first run, I felt like he was the only trustworthy one because I felt like if it was a trap or something, he wouldn't be telling you to leave. I still find it a little bit creepy the way everyone loves Kamui so Takumi was refreshing to see. OTL I just don't like the way he talks shit about you.

Edited by Hatsuoki

He has a sick outfit. Hoping he's one of my mains for my Hoshido play through. Though Setsuna looks like a viable archer too.

EDIT: Also his supports with Leon are great.

Edited by Monde

TAKUMI ! I honestly really like his personality and character design, though I usually don't like guys with long hair !

And to be honest, he's only cold towards you for like, the first few chapters, which is the most realistic reaction out of all the siblings.

After that, he's a pretty loyal // sweet brother (I mean, he may have some disagreements with Kamui, but he's not out of lineor anything),

and he's definitely not heartless if you read his supports with the other characters ! * U *

it just seems that his usual personality is a bit cold and distant, and Kamui is no exception towards this.

also as a sidenote, I'm a bit disappointed with his Amie // my room portrait, his face seems a tad bit too long ; m ;

...aaand archers are awesome. Especially Takumi with his bow and the whole terrain ability things (aagh English fails me at night)

also as a sidenote, I'm a bit disappointed with his Amie // my room portrait, his face seems a tad bit too long ; m ;

IKR?! His other portraits and game art/animations from the story are gorgeous so why that long face why ;A;

IKR?! His other portraits and game art/animations from the story are gorgeous so why that long face why ;A;

AAAH YESSS so glad you agree sobs

it's been bothering me since I started playing

I mean, everyone elses' amie art looks GORGEOUS (I mean look at Setsuna and Hinoka and everyone THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL)

and then there's Takumi, whose portrait does him no justice ; m ;

on a brighter note Takumi's VA really suits him ; u ;

I agree. Takumi has a lot of insecurity and self confidence issues, but he's a sweetie to the people he likes. He can be moody and a bit salty at times but still. I was also happy to see that he doesn't kiss Kamui's feet and trust them immediately and when he does warm up he still doesn't kiss Kamui's feet. It's a very realistic and valid reaction and I really appreciate him for it. Also his character design is amazing and he is from what I have seen an amazing archer.

Edited by Frelia

It's clearly a sign that you're not meant to poke Takumi in the face with that feature since it makes both you and him feel awkward I mean what

Also, I'm not sure which promotion path you guys usually pick but I almost always have him end up as a golden kite warrior for his final class. On my Hoshido playthrough, he was good at killing things but was constantly dying to bows. Then on the third path I A+'d him with Leon and got him bow breaker, and now he laughs at bows. Definitely my favorite character in Fates for a reason.

AAAH YESSS so glad you agree sobs

it's been bothering me since I started playing

I mean, everyone elses' amie art looks GORGEOUS (I mean look at Setsuna and Hinoka and everyone THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL)

and then there's Takumi, whose portrait does him no justice ; m ;

on a brighter note Takumi's VA really suits him ; u ;

Yes oh my god, poor Takumi ;A;. Though I think Grey has it worse, in my opinion the nose looks so weird, poor boy

The other amie portraits certainly look amazing, I agree!

Yaay, I also love Takumi's voice!! Actually, the voice actors in this game have done such a wonderful job *__*

Edited by amaicherii

Based god can Takumi OKOs a fair bunch of the enemies in the game, ladies love him, has amazing growths, walks over water and is the only character in the whole damn Hoshidan cast with dime of common sense when it comes to acting around Kamui.

In a slightly more serious note honestly I've yet to figure out why anyone would realisticaly dislike Takumi, his caracter reacts realisticaly and is nice person as far as you don't pose a treat, aka everyone who isn't Kamui right after coming back.
As an unit he's amazing too and he's the reason behind the existance of two of the few good memes on this god forsaken fanbase, there's simply so much to like.

Based god can Takumi OKOs a fair bunch of the enemies in the game, ladies love him, has amazing growths, walks over water and is the only character in the whole damn Hoshidan cast with dime of common sense when it comes to acting around Kamui.

In a slightly more serious note honestly I've yet to figure out why anyone would realisticaly dislike Takumi, his caracter reacts realisticaly and is nice person as far as you don't pose a treat, aka everyone who isn't Kamui right after coming back.

As an unit he's amazing too and he's the reason behind the existance of two of the few good memes on this god forsaken fanbase, there's simply so much to like.

Are you talking about the BasedTakumi and PraiseTakumi memes? I was surprised and find it quite interesting that those memes exist now especially with how much some people don't like him. I was also surprised how people in the hamayama FE14 3rd path stream started calling Takumi Critkumi and Killkumi because of how he was doubling and crit killing all of the enemy units who fought him. It was an amazing sight.

Edited by Frelia

Takumi is my favourite character so far. He is conflicted and comes across a bit hostile at first (and with good reason), but it's clear that he has a lot of insecurity issues and I can really sympathize with that.

I don't need every character to worship me unconditionally, that gets boring oh so fast. Takumi takes a bit to warm to Kamui first, and even then he still acts like a normal person without joining in the overdone praise everyone heaps on Kamui.

It's nice. Sadly this, his class, and some of the stuff that happens in story (which isn't even really his fault) is what makes him disliked by many.

Well it's their loss.

As for the amie thing, yeah it looks weird, but has anyone seen Severa? Her head looks tiny.

Are you talking about the BasedTakumi and PraiseTakumi memes? I'm glad those memes exist now. I also love how people in the hamayama FE14 3rd path stream started calling Takumi Critkumi and Killkumi because of how he was doubling and crit killing all of the enemy units who fought him. It was an amazing sight.

Personally I take those two as more or less the same, personally I go the BasedTakumi route most of the time as you must've been able to tell.

With this you should be able to tell that the two memes are Based/PraiseTakumi and BlameTakumi, the later while I don't quite agree with the reasons why it began is just so goddamn hilarious to me, it doesn't help all the shit he does, he outclasses units, creates treendous ammounts of salt, *spoilers*, creates ridiculous homoerotic context, you name it it works, he simply gives so much.

Edited by Jariu

His hair looks like two different hairstyles combined into one and it really bothers me.

But yeah, I definitely like Takumi, even though he's like second to last of the siblings, but I really like them all, so it doesn't matter anyway. I like his comparatively realistic view of you and he also seems like a total sweetheart, when he's not pointing his bow at you.

I definitely thought he was older than Hinoka, though, when hardly anything was known about the game.

I love his hair. I love his support with Leon (and totally ship it). He's actually pretty damn good for an archer. I haven't read too many of his other supports though so I can't really say I love him at the moment, but I like him well enough from what I've seen.

Besides Takumi's support with Leo (their supports are amazing) I like his supports with Oboro as well. They have one of the few S supports that don't irk me in some way and their support in general is quite sweet. Takumi's supports with his siblings are quite good too.

Edited by Frelia

Yes oh my god, poor Takumi ;A;. Though I think Grey has it worse, in my opinion the nose looks so weird, poor boy

The other amie portraits certainly look amazing, I agree!

Yaay, I also love Takumi's voice!! Actually, the voice actors in this game have done such a wonderful job *__*

ooh he hasn't been born in my game yet but I just searched it up and you're right !

Flannel bothers me too, i love his character portrait but gosh darn it amie

and I know !! * U * I love it so much !

His voice for the English trailer is pretty nice so far too !

Besides Takumi's support with Leo (their supports are amazing) I like his supports with Oboro as well. They have one of the few S supports that don't irk me in some way and their support in general is quite sweet. Takumi's supports with his siblings are quite good too.

YES this exactly i live for conversations about takumi and oboro

Takumi's a less oblivious version of Chrom and Oboro's a less clingy version of Cordelia. Their relationship works on so many levels ~ ; u ;

and just how he interacts with her, even in their C support; he's really nice to her compared to other people and they seem to have a very comfortable relationship !

yuss continuing on, this reflects in his support convos with Sakura as well ! I love those two together, it's too sweet ~~

aaah I haven't supported him with Hinoka and/or Ryouma yet, but I'm looking forward to it as well ! * U *

i'll probably just look it up later tbh lol