Takumi discussion thread

amaicherii

Oh I definitely won't try to convince you it's a rubbish support. I guess I didn't mind it either, but it's just very forgettable, much like Hinoka's entire character. I suppose that's the worst part of it, since she really needs some good supports given her supposed importance to the story.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that was kind of ridiculous, Hinoka essentially disappearing into the background to the point where we forget that she even exists. Sakura at least had a bit more visibility. While we're on this topic, though, I was kind of surprised that Takumi showed up in the pre-battle scenes a lot. For some reason, I thought that Ryouma and Sakura would have the most importance after Kamui and Aqua while he and Hinoka were a little less relevant, but I guess not. Either way, having a significant role in Hoshido likely helped him a lot in his character development.

I also think Takumi's support with Felicia was awful. Poor Felicia...the only good supports I've read from her are with Leon, Flannel and Nishiki.

Then, I liked Takumi's supports with Aqua except for the S support...I don't know, it felt too weird for me.

What I'm curious about is how Takumi's support with Charlotte would go. I love both characters so I'm looking forward to reading it.

As regards his role in the story, I haven't played the game but I saw that, as Sunwoo said, he appears more than Ryoma. Is his role more important than Ryoma's in the games?

Edited by amaicherii

Heh, I guess we shouldn't talk about that on this thread, but yeah, I think they shot themselves in the foot when they added so many siblings.

I'm glad Takumi and Leon remain overall important though, seeing as they are my favorites. Hell, maybe that's exactly part of why they are my favorites.

Takumi's a good Archer. Has a ponytail.

RD Shinon's a good Archer. Has a ponytail.

I think I've cracked the code.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

And I'm shocked that people out there thought "Blame Takumi" was even remotely serious.

Blame Takumi for that.

Takumi is my favorite Hoshidan sibling by far, and I always found his doubt about Kamui to be interesting considering the other siblings seem to jump all over Kamui as soon as he returns. It's a nice change of pace, and if they ever do an MU again (which I hope not... seriously, can we go a game without one?), they better include more characters that doubt the MU at times. I actually didn't read most of his supports (bar Takumi x Oboro, Takumi x Jakob, and Takumi x Leo) because I'm saving them, but from everything I've heard, I feel like Takumi will probably become my most used Hoshidan unit.

Also he's an archer. I don't care what anyone says, archers are awesome.

I like good archers and Takumi most definitely fits the bill for me. He is going to be my main archer besides Zero especially after seeing how well he performed in hama's 3rd route stream. Takumi was doubling every enemy unit, was flat out destroying them in one round, had no issues taking down flying units, and was criting in almost every battle to the point where people in the chat started nicknaming him "Critkumi" and "Killkumi".

Edited by Frelia

Even if Takumi were the most poorly written character in the series, I would still use him because he's arguably the best archer in the series and can murder enemies everywhere. That he also is one of the better developed characters in the game elevates him to one of my favorites.

also did a quick edit on Takumi's amie photo in paint for fun times lol

I didn't spend too much time on it, ie. I have no idea why they couldn't do something as simple as make his face shorter sobs

original is on the left...I also would have liked it if they showed his ponytail somewhat ; u ;

takumiiii.png

now he looks a bit more like little brother material ♡( ु•⌄• )

Ah I'm so glad you did an edit so we can see what he would look like. xD At first I thought his face was a bit long too but now...I think he looks really young lol. I'm glad he is the way he is. ;u;

AKtoE and The DanMan: Thank you for the replies! I looked up Ben Diskin and realized I've never seen anything he's in. OTL Haha...

Ah I'm so glad you did an edit so we can see what he would look like. xD At first I thought his face was a bit long too but now...I think he looks really young lol. I'm glad he is the way he is. ;u;

Now that I look at it again, I think you're right. He looks younger in the edit ;w;. Still, it's nice to look at both versions, hehe.

Aaaah, I want it to be 2016 already ;m;

I didn't played the games already (waiting to english version because I don't know japanese), but for what I watched and readed... Man, I really like Takumi a lot! It didn't help that he is an Archer, I just love the Archer class (Idk why). I think I will have a 2 slot with a file just to marry my avatar to him (Sorry Oboro, I will take your husband for a file). And I'm with everyone about Takumi being like more real in his interaction with the avatar, it's good to see how he becomes more warm little by little.

I can see that lot of persons played the games already, so, can somebody explain to me some details about Takumi? I just want to know a bit more of his "infection/possesion/whatever is called" , how it happened and if it's happens in the three paths... I know what happens at the end of Nohr, and I readed that in Hoshido he is affected by it too (but saved by Aqua?), but it happens in third route too? I'm just curious about the whole thing, I readed some of his supports hoping he talks about it with someone but nope :]

See ya later, I want to trying to draw Takumi right now xD

He's such a sweetheart once he warms up to you, srsly the poor kid just needs some attention.

Also I love the face he makes whenever he gets an advantage in during battle, it just reads "lol, get rekt."

I love this boy. I love him so much. I make it obvious that he' s probably who I'm gonna marry in Hoshido. A useful archer? Fuck yes. Awesome design? Also fuck yes. Great supports (barring a few)? Yep. Awesome voice actor? Yes yes yes.

Oh hell, I love Takumi. This is going to sound somewhat heartless, but I don't feel like I could ever betray him, and that's part of the reason why I'm going Hoshido.

But yeah I really like him, I guess I'm miffy on the whole 'I-don't-trust-you" thing but I can't really blame him, and I just also feel really bad for him, really sympathetic. He has bad dreams, violent mood swings, mentally weak. Like I have a soft spot for that?? Plus, he's great with children. That's awesome.

Although I know I'm going to get severely annoyed with Takumi/Oboro (sorry shippers) and it might shake that high opinion of Takumi. It happened with Lon'qu, I hope it doesn't happen to Takumi. But yeah to conclude I think he's amazing (for right now).

I love this boy. I love him so much. I make it obvious that he' s probably who I'm gonna marry in Hoshido. A useful archer? Fuck yes. Awesome design? Also fuck yes. Great supports (barring a few)? Yep. Awesome voice actor? Yes yes yes.

You don't know how happy it makes me to know someone has the same opinion as me and is also planning to marry him. I'm honestly tired of hearing that marriage with the Hoshido siblings is incest cause' it's not. And if they are uncomfortable they can always marry another character.

Edited by amaicherii

I can confirm that at least on Pixiv Takumi is the most popular of all the sibling characters by virtue of him having the most solo or with Kamui fanart.

The ranking seems to be Takumi>Xander>Sakura=Elise>Leo>Camilla>Hinoka>Ryoma

I can confirm that at least on Pixiv Takumi is the most popular of all the sibling characters by virtue of him having the most solo or with Kamui fanart.

Yes, this makes me so happy!! And the fanart of Kamui and Takumi as a pairing (aka TakuKamu) is really good <3

Yes, this makes me so happy!! And the fanart of Kamui and Takumi as a pairing (aka TakuKamu) is really good <3

So I am not the only one hounding pixiv for fanart of him. The fact that he is so popular with the pixiv crowd gives me hope for eventual popularity polls.

I know this is just a pipe dream right now, but it would be awesome if they decided which Fates characters to put into Smash Brothers based on that. Takumi in Smash would be the greatest thing.

Shouldn't get my hopes up too high though.

Camilla's not the most popular to draw? I must admit that surprises me a lot.

Camilla's not the most popular to draw? I must admit that surprises me a lot.

I'm basing this mostly on post-release. Pre-release there was a lot of Camilla, but now there's way way more art of Takumi, Xander, Elise, and Sakura than there is of Camilla.