Takumi discussion thread

amaicherii

I can confirm that at least on Pixiv Takumi is the most popular of all the sibling characters by virtue of him having the most solo or with Kamui fanart.

The ranking seems to be Takumi>Xander>Sakura=Elise>Leo>Camilla>Hinoka>Ryoma

Xander's that high up? If I remember correctly, pre-release it was the imoutos well in the lead, with lots of Leon and a liberal amount of Camilla sprinkled in. Interesting to see how its' changed.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am not the only one hounding pixiv for fanart of him. The fact that he is so popular with the pixiv crowd gives me hope for eventual popularity polls.

I know this is just a pipe dream right now, but it would be awesome if they decided which Fates characters to put into Smash Brothers based on that. Takumi in Smash would be the greatest thing.

Shouldn't get my hopes up too high though.

Haha You are definitely not the only one. I've been stalking his tags since day one and the amount of art he's getting is more and more everyday! Edited by Hatsuoki

So I am not the only one hounding pixiv for fanart of him. The fact that he is so popular with the pixiv crowd gives me hope for eventual popularity polls.

I know this is just a pipe dream right now, but it would be awesome if they decided which Fates characters to put into Smash Brothers based on that. Takumi in Smash would be the greatest thing.

Shouldn't get my hopes up too high though.

Haha yeah!! I check pixiv everyday to see if there is more fanart of him (specially of TakuKamu). I also hope he can be one of the most popular characters eventually in the popularity polls, it'd be awesome. Takumi's not only a great character because of his personality and role in the story but also because of his radness as an archer *___* he's mega strong. It's definitely surprising how it all changed from pre-release to post-release. I remember many were really hooked with Leon at first but now I see many people captivated by Takumi and Marx.

Can't wait for Proximity Shot and Ballistician, then this game is gonna be Takumi Emblem.

I can just imagine it.

"Alright, there's like... 500 solders out there. Kamui, what do you think we should do?"

"Send out the big guns."

"You... you don't mean."

-Golden Kite Flyers airdrop Ballistician Takumi onto the field-

... let me dream.

I can just imagine it.

"Alright, there's like... 500 solders out there. Kamui, what do you think we should do?"

"Send out the big guns."

"You... you don't mean."

-Golden Kite Flyers airdrop Ballistician Takumi onto the field-

... let me dream.

You're not too far away from how I play the game. Send in a speedwing'd Xander with Tomebreaker followed by Takumi and let the rest of your army drink piña coladas in some Outrealm somewhere.

You're not too far away from how I play the game. Send in a speedwing'd Xander with Tomebreaker followed by Takumi and let the rest of your army drink piña coladas in some Outrealm somewhere.

Hahaha xD Awesome!! So is the rumor about "CritKumi" true? I heard he gets lots of critical hits!! That's super cool!!!

Apparently so, if people who watch Twitch have confirmed it. Seriously, the boy is nuts. Not only if he a good archer, but a good unit.

Apparently so, if people who watch Twitch have confirmed it. Seriously, the boy is nuts. Not only if he a good archer, but a good unit.

Great, just great <3 I can't wait to play the game and use him.

Neither can I, really. I'm super happy that archers are not only buffed, but that Takumi is overall a well written character, subtract a few supports. (I'm lookin' at you, Felicia.)

I almost always stick Takumi with Oboro and let the two of them just wreck havoc on the battlefield. They're both so crit-happy that they're basically my crit couple. And with bowbreaker from A+ support with Leon, golden kite warrior Takumi just does not give a fuck about anything on the battlefield. Well, as long as I'm careful about where I position my units.

Yeah, there's metric fuckload of Takumi art whenever I go on pixiv. Nice to see the dude getting love

Lots of pretty solid quality shit too, and I have pretty high standards.

@ryouma being least tho

Geez, how much more work is this going to make me

I'm one person with a 10-6 programming job I can't be the sole output of Ryouma art ;_;

Edited by Thor Odinson

I have no idea if this is the right thread to post this on, but I just noticed something!

[spoiler=Not sure if this is a spoiler, but gonna put it in one just in case]After watching this little bit from the "Vs Takumi" cutscene about 20 times, I realized that Takumi kinda... "pops" his arm back when pulling the Fuujin bow to full draw. As an archer myself, I can say that I've never done that while drawing a recurve bow. It's more of a smooth draw, like... ah, here's a good example. Well, Takumi's bow looks a lot more like a recurve bow, but that little "pop" at the end of his draw reminded me far more of how one would draw a compound bow. (Same guy in both links, just different bow.)

My conclusion: I believe that the Fuujin bow acts like a compound bow, meaning that Takumi can hold it at full draw far longer than one could hold a recurve at full draw (seriously, holding a bow at full draw is exhausting, and I'm so glad Takumi mentions it in his supports with Kamui) and it can fire with a lot more force than a recurve of comparable size (kinda reflected in the Fuujin bow's stats, with a higher might than the normal bows).

Don't mind me, though. Just geeking out over bows and stuff.

I really like Takumi as a character (for about the same reasons as everyone else has already posted in this thread), so I just wanted to add what I noticed, even though it's just about his bow.

Don't worry Thor Odinson, the game was released less than a month ago so I'm sure more Ryoma art will appear :)

One of my best friends, for instance, loved Ryoma and she draws awesome art so maybe she'll draw him sometime.

As regards Takumi's bow, yeah it's definitely awesome and Kisaragi's supports with Takumi suggest that it's quite difficult to use it. So the fact that Takumi can makes him even more awesome ♡

One small question I have about him that has been bugging me.

So, Sumeragi had the four kids with a different wife. I assume the wife was a redhead to explain Hinoka and Sakura, but how does he have silver hair then?

You don't know how happy it makes me to know someone has the same opinion as me and is also planning to marry him. I'm honestly tired of hearing that marriage with the Hoshido siblings is incest cause' it's not. And if they are uncomfortable they can always marry another character.

Just saw this. Eheh, really? Yeah, I felt the same. I still wanna play the game and I'll probably have files where I marry others, but I plan on him being my husband in the Invisible Kingdom too, so...

I have no idea if this is the right thread to post this on, but I just noticed something!

[spoiler=Not sure if this is a spoiler, but gonna put it in one just in case]After watching this little bit from the "Vs Takumi" cutscene about 20 times, I realized that Takumi kinda... "pops" his arm back when pulling the Fuujin bow to full draw. As an archer myself, I can say that I've never done that while drawing a recurve bow. It's more of a smooth draw, like... ah, here's a good example. Well, Takumi's bow looks a lot more like a recurve bow, but that little "pop" at the end of his draw reminded me far more of how one would draw a compound bow. (Same guy in both links, just different bow.)

My conclusion: I believe that the Fuujin bow acts like a compound bow, meaning that Takumi can hold it at full draw far longer than one could hold a recurve at full draw (seriously, holding a bow at full draw is exhausting, and I'm so glad Takumi mentions it in his supports with Kamui) and it can fire with a lot more force than a recurve of comparable size (kinda reflected in the Fuujin bow's stats, with a higher might than the normal bows).

Don't mind me, though. Just geeking out over bows and stuff.

I really like Takumi as a character (for about the same reasons as everyone else has already posted in this thread), so I just wanted to add what I noticed, even though it's just about his bow.

Ah! I don't know anything about bows so thank you for bringing it up! I love hearing details like this.

One small question I have about him that has been bugging me.

So, Sumeragi had the four kids with a different wife. I assume the wife was a redhead to explain Hinoka and Sakura, but how does he have silver hair then?

I don't know if his hair would qualify as "silver," but I have no idea what color that is. Anyway...

Perhaps silver hair is recessive to red and brown hair in the Fates universe. If so, then Takumi would've received a silver hair gene from both his mother and Sumeragi, while Hinoka and Sakura would've received red/silver genes. Or, maybe, Sakura got red/silver genes, explaining why her hair is pink instead of red (as maybe red isn't completely dominant to silver, resulting in a lighter red color), while Hinoka got red/brown (with brown being recessive to brown, which isn't true in real life, but this is a game, so maybe those rules don't apply?). In that case, Ryoma would get silver/brown, making him a brunette, and Takumi, having lucked out on the genetic pool, got both silver/silver genes necessary for his hair to be silver.

... I think waaaaaaaay too much about genetics in fiction, don't I?

Ah! I don't know anything about bows so thank you for bringing it up! I love hearing details like this.

Happy to help!

Edited by Grimalkenkid

According to SF user Shin, who is quite knowledgeable on this topic (or at least more so than most of us here), the genetics that make up hair color aren't even as simple as we learned them in high school. They're apparently complex and it's not a matter of dominant and recessive genes, so depending on the various combinations of hair colors in the family's past, it's not so weird that the Hoshido siblings have so many different hair colors.

According to SF user Shin, who is quite knowledgeable on this topic (or at least more so than most of us here), the genetics that make up hair color aren't even as simple as we learned them in high school. They're apparently complex and it's not a matter of dominant and recessive genes, so depending on the various combinations of hair colors in the family's past, it's not so weird that the Hoshido siblings have so many different hair colors.

I know it's more complex than that. I was just going off of what I remember from my genetics courses, but those focused more on statistics than how the genes themselves interact. (Plus, it's been a few years, so my memory's a bit foggy on the specifics.)

Speaking of his hair, do you guys ever think Ryouma wonders why Takumi is copying him? Like, I'd be so uncomfortable, and I would have no idea how to talk to my little brother if he tried copying my style.

True, it's probably because of their father, but that's not who Takumi's trying to surpass.

I just wrote it off due to Sumeragi having two-tone hair, even thought that was probably just another thing to fulfill the contrast theme, to go against Garon's own two-tone hair. Ryouma got the brown part, Takumi the silver part, and the mother was a redhead.

Edited by GoldenMapleLeaf

Speaking of his hair, do you guys ever think Ryouma wonders why Takumi is copying him? Like, I'd be so uncomfortable, and I would have no idea how to talk to my little brother if he tried copying my style.

True, it's probably because of their father, but that's not who Takumi's trying to surpass.

Is Takumi trying to copy Ryouma's hairstyle? I'm not really seeing it. D8

Is Takumi trying to copy Ryouma's hairstyle? I'm not really seeing it. D8

I think so; it's just not as fluffy, so it isn't as obvious. It probably pains Takumi as well, so I'm sure he's always asking Ryouma for what kind of hair care products he uses.

Is Takumi's hair really silver? I see it as a very light brown...

Takumi just has a thing for being confusing if the hair wasn't enough, his eyes changes color ever so often depending on the format, like sometimes it looks gold, other times it looks light brown, other times amber and other times brick red... His body structure is also really weird, his clothes are really thick and baggy so his actual body structure is pretty obsecure unless the Summer Scramble DLC is anything to do by, but even then it's kind of hard to observe because of the odd angle... Oh man I'm going to have a lot of fun drawing him...