Takumi discussion thread

amaicherii

I actually don't think he looks too strange in amie. Besides the longer face, I think he looks the same. And cute. I kinda wanna tug his ponytail.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retainers. Lol I'm not sure any of them do their own hair.

*slams hands on desk* Oboro does his hair! I will accept no other headcanon! XD

(she really does talk about his hair style with Hinata in their supports)

Edited by Grimalkenkid

I actually don't think he looks too strange in amie. Besides the longer face, I think he looks the same. And cute. I kinda wanna tug his ponytail.

I admit that at first I thought his face was too long xD but after seeing it more and more, I like a lot now <3 If his face was shorter he'd look too young and very similar to Kisaragi.

I want to touch his hair...I mean, ahahaha *sweats*

Edited by amaicherii

There was a few screenshots of the Robin amiibo's battle model where he's not wearing the cloak. I can't find it (probably should've saved it when I had it...) but basically Robin is actually wearing a black muscle shirt and the cloth ees we've been seeing under the cloak is actually a sweater vest of sorts.

Also I remember seeing a sketchy concept by Kozaki of the tactician class and there was a sketch of a vest... Granted it was only for female.

...Can't...quite...visualize...

Immediately thought of this when his hair was brought up.

That's where I got the idea anyway. xD

While we're on the topic of clothing, I remember quite some time ago when I was first playing through a certain route … Takumi was the only one who could chip at Marx without dying in one hit, so I was weakening Marx with him. After a while, I noticed that he had a LOT of clothing damage. I, uh, am not quite sure how to describe it but the fuzzy thing around his waist was completely gone and it looks like his top might be a 2-part thing as well. It was pretty weird.

Also, didn't Oboro say that she styled her hair like his in her support with Hinata?

That's where I got the idea anyway. xD

Ah, yes! Didn't she say her hairstyle was like that because it was similar to Takumi's? Something about wanting to feel closer to him if I'm not remembering wrong. That's so cute x3

While we're on the topic of clothing, I remember quite some time ago when I was first playing through a certain route … Takumi was the only one who could chip at Marx without dying in one hit, so I was weakening Marx with him. After a while, I noticed that he had a LOT of clothing damage. I, uh, am not quite sure how to describe it but the fuzzy thing around his waist was completely gone and it looks like his top might be a 2-part thing as well. It was pretty weird.

Also, didn't Oboro say that she styled her hair like his in her support with Hinata?

Wait there is clothing damage? D8 I never noticed! OTL Oh god in my playthrough

when you have to fight Marx, me being a War Priestess and all, I couldn't do enough damage and heal myself to kill him (after waiting a long time to attack him because I didn't want to) and I ended up having to lure him to the door where Takumi could shoot at him. I think he two shotted Marx and it was literally the first time Takumi had any trouble so I hadn't noticed at all. xD

Ah, yes! Didn't she say her hairstyle was like that because it was similar to Takumi's? Something about wanting to feel closer to him if I'm not remembering wrong. That's so cute x3

Yes I think she said she wanted to be cool like him. xD

Edited by Hatsuoki

It'd make sense if she did. I did notice a slight similarity...

I like Takumi. I like how he expresses an initial distrust toward Kamui(doesnt jump into the Corrinwagon at the start), but warms up to them as the story progresses.

Gameplay wise, I thought Leon would outshine him to the point that Takumi is obsolete, but his damage is hilariously high, especially with Fuujinyumi. Like Orochi, his big ass slows him down and his speed can be an issue.

There's definitely something going on with battle damage. There was one topic a while back that had screenshots of Elise, bloodied with shredded clothing, alongside a dirty Kazahana with a gash in her right leg. Nobody seems to know exactly how it works.

I can just imagine it.

"Alright, there's like... 500 solders out there. Kamui, what do you think we should do?"

"Send out the big guns."

"You... you don't mean."

-Golden Kite Flyers airdrop Ballistician Takumi onto the field-

... let me dream.

Considering we now know what Ballisticians look like, this is surprisingly apt. *Waits for eventual fan-comic*

Considering we now know what Ballisticians look like, this is surprisingly apt. *Waits for eventual fan-comic*

m0CrfpG.gif

Like this but with Takumi

I remember at some point Takumi was taking so much damage, he actually loss both of his sleeves and has rips all over his... Waist cape thing (can we just call it an obi or something? Until we get a proper term). Ryouma looses his headgear and has chunks of armor missing. The battle damage carries on to the cutscenes too if I remember correctly, Takumi's sleeves didn't respawn until the next chapter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I played through Hoshido I actually found him quite useful. maybe because his starting class isn't a promoted one, yet he deals a lot of damage as a base class. I personally don't see why people aren't fond of him. I know as you said, him and Kamui/Corrin didn't have a perfect start, but he's beauty. I know I married Asura, but he also would be 2nd husband in-game.

To sum it up, he's really rad, thx you.

*Thepontailisprettyradhaha.*

I made a Takumi drawing and thought about sharing it here ^w^ (still need to shade him though):

Takumi drawing!

Ah, your picture looks awesome!

Awww, looks that Takumi is winning more and more fans! The poor kid passed for a lot of things in the three paths, so it's good he is having love from the fandom, but I wonder why IS decided to make him suffer that much.

I'm trying to draw Tankumi (AKA Takumi the ballistician), if I success, I will share it in the future lol

Awww, looks that Takumi is winning more and more fans! The poor kid passed for a lot of things in the three paths, so it's good he is having love from the fandom, but I wonder why IS decided to make him suffer that much.

I'm trying to draw Tankumi (AKA Takumi the ballistician), if I success, I will share it in the future lol

Because giving a character obstacles to overcome is a fundamental part in getting the reader, player or what have you invested and interested in said character's struggle.

It is for that very reason that people tend to like Takumi and dislike Kamui.

Thanks!! ♡

Yes!! It's awesome that he's getting so many fans. All he had to put through and how he evolves makes him really likeable; specially how he is so hard on himself but slowly overcomes this ^^. It's really cool when you have a character you can relate to, in my opinion. Takumi feels more human being more 'imperfect' than other characters and his constant effort to keep trying is quite admirable.

Also, yes please!! Show your Takumi drawing when you finish it *^* I'd love to see it :D

Thane, do so many people really hate Kamui? D:

Thane, do so many people really hate Kamui? D:

"Hate" might be a strong word, but I believe a lot of people feel he actively makes the game far worse, and that he's a very boring protagonist. I think he's sloppily written and a waste of potential, and what could've been the most interesting subplots for him as a character are skimmed over entirely.

• 6 months later...

Takumi has all that teenage boy angst. He is so angry and bitter! However, he's also passionate and pretty mature as well, even when he's angry, he's a great commander. What do I think this kid needs? He needs some love in his life. If he has this, I think he may channel his energies better. He's such a Momma's boy tooo. If his Momma didn't die, surely he wouldn't be so bitter towards Corrin.

• 8 months later...

(I mostly plan my S pairings on how touching their support is, not how optimal it is.)

Male Avatar x Scarlet (on Birthright); Male Avatar x Camilla/Flora (Conquest and Revelations)

Female Avatar x Leo/Takumi/Izana (so many likeable males . . .)

Silas x Hinoka

Felicia x Kaden

Jakob x Orochi

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Rinkah

Takumi x Oboro (I know, so basic)

Sakura x Leo

Xander x Charlotte

Camila x Niles

Elise x Odin

Severa x Subaki (weird, but it works)

Beruka x Benny

Laslow x Azura (Shigure and Laslow are great Rally bots and dancer and dancer!)

(I mostly plan my S pairings on how touching their support is, not how optimal it is.)

Male Avatar x Scarlet (on Birthright); Male Avatar x Camilla/Flora (Conquest and Revelations)

Female Avatar x Leo/Takumi/Izana (so many likeable males . . .)

Silas x Hinoka

Felicia x Kaden

Jakob x Orochi

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Rinkah

Takumi x Oboro (I know, so basic)

Sakura x Leo

Xander x Charlotte

Camila x Niles

Elise x Odin

Severa x Subaki (weird, but it works)

Beruka x Benny

Laslow x Azura (Shigure and Laslow are great Rally bots and dancer and dancer!)