Takumi discussion thread

amaicherii

I'm not even into shipping and yet I can't seem to bring myself to tear apart Oboro and Takumi, their supports just seem to show a different side to both of them and makes it painfully obvious that he feels the same way about her well before they ever hit an S-support. Their S-support also feels natural, with no random proposal making things too hasty. Wish all romantic supports could be this well-written.

Leokumi is also a semi-crack ship I enjoy :P:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also has horrible nightmares, the poor baby. But really, that enitre support chain is pure gold excluding the romance.

Reading that Takumi has the worst dreams quite honestly makes me sad and wonder what is going through Takumi's head. I really hope he is getting the help he needs including from his siblings with those nightmares. I really like that the Aqua and Takumi support points out the nightmares, but I really could have done without the second half of the S support. Other than that I like that support. For those who get triggered by scenes about traumatic family deaths or incidents like the one in the first half of the S support I really recommend being careful reading it or even better avoiding it.

Edited by Frelia

Oh and speaking of VAs, do we know who his english VA is? I'm liking what I heard in the one english trailer.

Nope, not officially (though I'm of the belief it's Ben Diskin).

So, what is there to say that hasn't been said? He's one of the most believable characters in the game, having a multifaceted personality. His doubt of Kamui is perfectly realistic, and coupling the fact he's the only character who does that and that one route chooses to demonize him for it before destroying his character just shows you the amount of player worship in this game.

Also, I like his design. The blue and white/light-grey with some red highlights is visually pleasing. And the ponytail reminds one of another kick-ass archer in the series.

All in all, Takumi's my favorite Hoshidan sibling, and I'm going to try and use him as much as I can whenever I have the chance.

And I'm shocked that people out there thought "Blame Takumi" was even remotely serious.

Edited by The DanMan

Oh and speaking of VAs, do we know who his english VA is? I'm liking what I heard in the one english trailer.

I really can't say for sure, but a lot of people think his voice sounds like either Ben Diskin or Liam O'Brien. Though I can definitely hear Ben more, I just listened to the trailer again and heard a bit of Todd Haberkorn. But I'm gonna go ahead assume that's just me. Even so, I love all three of these voice actors, so I'm completely fine with any one of them.

Edited by AKtoE

I really do like Takumis design. Except for that MyCastle design. His bangs look to long, and his face looks too long as well. As far as his personality goes, I agree with others. He really is the most realistic character. Plus his Supports with Joker are beautiful. Though, I don't like how

he is forced by Ryoma to shoot Elise with a poison arrow.

Also, those supports with Orochi though. That's what made Takumi one of my favorites.

Edited by ~Inigo~

I really do like Takumis design. Except for that MyCastle design. His bangs look to long, and his face looks too long as well. As far as his personality goes, I agree with others. He really is the most realistic character. Plus his Supports with Joker are beautiful. Though, I don't like how

he is forced by Ryoma to shoot Elise with a poison arrow.

Also, those supports with Orochi though. That's what made Takumi one of my favorites.

That whole "Ryoma makes Takumi shot a poison arrow at Elise" is false, that never happens in the game, it was just some people spreading false information, to bash Hoshido

Takumi's my favorite Hoshido character, and tied with Camilla for my overall favorite in terms of writing and as a unit. They contrast each other pretty well, now that I think about it.

As a character, I have yet to read a support of his that I haven't liked. They've all shown different sides to him, and it's kinda interesting how many ways he acts around people depending on who he's talking to. That, and the drastic differences between his role in both routes really fascinates me, and I think he gets the most out of using the themes of 'Fates story. At least, from what I've seen.

As a unit, fuckin based. He's looking to be the best archer in the entire series.

Very easily my favorite character in Fates, and easily one of my favorites in the series. Everything about this character just clicks with me. And he has a prf Bow. I love Prf weapons and I love bows.

Hehe, wow this thread has had a lot of replies really fast!! It makes me happy that so many people love this character. Takumi is really awesome.

As regards shipping, I like a lot of ships for him. Oboro seems a really good match for him because of the crush she has and I also find it adorable that she makes many of the clothes he wears (at least the support and her epilogue suggest this). Then, I don't know why but I find Takumi's supports with Setsuna (need I say why? she's adorable) and Camilla super cute (Camilla's teasing, oh my god, it's fantastic). And I'm sorry if this sounds weird but

I really really like him together with Kamui; they aren't related by blood so I don't have any issue with pairing them together and in my opinion they have one of the most romantic supports in the game.

Anyway, Takumi's rad and poor cinnamon roll doesn't deserve to suffer.

I've heard some people disliked his supports with Kisaragi because he envied his talent with the bow and this made him feel even less secure about himself but gosh this actually is a really human feeling. People aren't all good or all bad, there aren't perfect beings. And Kisaragi is an awesome son, man. When he told Takumi to "say he was awesome" because he didn't want his father to say bad stuff about himself I CAN'T EVEN. One of the best family supports I've read.

Edited by amaicherii

I really really like him together with Kamui; they aren't related by blood so I don't have any issue with pairing them together and in my opinion they have one of the most romantic supports in the game.

Anyway, Takumi's rad and poor cinnamon roll doesn't deserve to suffer.

I've heard some people disliked his supports with Kisaragi because he envied his talent with the bow and this made him feel even less secure about himself but gosh this actually is a really human feeling. People aren't all good or all bad, there aren't perfect beings. And Kisaragi is an awesome son, man. When he told Takumi to "say he was awesome" because he didn't want his father to say bad stuff about himself I CAN'T EVEN. One of the best family supports I've read.

I know how you feel. I don't really have a problem with Takumi/Kamui on principle; they aren't blood related and they didn't grow up together. But the whole sibling treatment that gets pushed so much weirds me out. He still refers to Kamui as sister in his freakin S-support and Confession. Damn you IS *shakes fist*

The pairing does make a certain amount of sense though: Kamui can have literally *everyone*, and they are all more than ready to throw themselves at her, so who does she go for? The one who stands out by not doing that stuff!

As for the other thing,

His support with Kisaragi is absolutely adorable, what with him being so damn insecure even with his own son. He obviously wants to be the best dad for him, but feels he can't live up to that. So then Kisaragi insists he should see himself in a better light, because he certainly thinks of Takumi as the best dad ever! And it's so so sweet. I don't understand why people dislike that support.

I know how you feel. I don't really have a problem with Takumi/Kamui on principle; they aren't blood related and they didn't grow up together. But the whole sibling treatment that gets pushed so much weirds me out. He still refers to Kamui as sister in his freakin S-support and Confession. Damn you IS *shakes fist*

The pairing does make a certain amount of sense though: Kamui can have literally *everyone*, and they are all more than ready to throw themselves at her, so who does she go for? The one who stands out by not doing that stuff!

As for the other thing,

His support with Kisaragi is absolutely adorable, what with him being so damn insecure even with his own son. He obviously wants to be the best dad for him, but feels he can't live up to that. So then Kisaragi insists he should see himself in a better light, because he certainly thinks of Takumi as the best dad ever! And it's so so sweet. I don't understand why people dislike that support.

I KNOW RIGHT?! I mean, I'm still going to marry him when I get the game but god damnit why does japan love the whole "nii-san/nee-san" stuff like no dude, I'm your wife so stop calling me sister aaaah!! But yeah, out of all the sibling/not really siblings supports which then developed into romance, Leon's and Takumi's supports were my favorites because I felt they were the least forced ones, in my opinion, and actually really sweet and romantic. What's weird with the royal romance is that, for instance in the case of Marx, he says you're his wife but before he said he would support you as his brother so haha yeah WHY. All this aside, you're right; actually one of the reasons I loved Kamui with Takumi was because Takumi isn't "Kamuisexual" like other characters. Not saying the other characters are bad, I actually really really like them but just not as romantic partners.

And for the other thing :D

Yes, gosh, the support is so sweet!!! From what I've read the "reasoning" for hating on Takumi in this case was because he was an "awful parent for envying his son". What parent/child relationship is perfect? If it was all happyness and roses from the start it wouldn't be believable. I mean, let's take Severa, for instance. She complained a lot to Cordelia for this and that but then you realize she was lonely as hell. I'm starting to think many people don't like characters with flaws when flaws are actually the most human part in a character...If there was no conflict, fiction would be boring as hell. No, wait. Even life would have no meaning if there weren't any conflicts. People grow and learn from their mistakes so that's another reason I love Takumi for. He feels guilty for envying his own son but then apologizes and his son is so freaking kind that he even cries for him because his father won't stop saying bad stuff about himself. Gosh, I rambled a lot here, sorry! The conclusion is that I really like Takumi and Kisaragi yay!!

Edited by amaicherii

Takumi is one of the peeps whom I hated at first. But given what we know about him now, and the fact that he makes for a damn good foil to Leo (who is my favorite of the siblings), he's become the one I like the most after Ryoma out of all the Hoshido siblings.

Takumi is my absolute favorite character in the game, just beating Leon and Nishiki by like .0000001. Most archer characters do turn out to be one of my favorite characters in games, except Virion cause he was just annoying as fuck. Anyway I really like Takumi as you can probably see by my Profile picture and member badge xD.

Archers are raaaad!! I usually love archers and dark mages. Haha, I liked Virion but not that much xP. My fave in Awakening is Henry.

Sniff, I want to pet Takumi but I have to wait until 2016!!! And I became addicted to TakuKamu art in pixiv. Happy to know he's also popular in Japan (or with those pixiv members at least)!!

I'm not even into shipping and yet I can't seem to bring myself to tear apart Oboro and Takumi, their supports just seem to show a different side to both of them and makes it painfully obvious that he feels the same way about her well before they ever hit an S-support. Their S-support also feels natural, with no random proposal making things too hasty. Wish all romantic supports could be this well-written.

Leokumi is also a semi-crack ship I enjoy :P:

aaah I know !! it's heavily implied that

he liked her long before their support convos because he mentions her passion of designing clothing (seems that he didn't know she enjoyed doing so until then) and seeing her interest, asks her to make him one after the war,

aaand in their S convo he said it was because he wanted to support his future wife alskdfjssdkfj

But yeah, I totally agree with you ! * U *

since Oboro's character description said she had a crush on Takumi, I was a bit wary of their support convos being too corny // one-sided and whatnot,

but it was really sweet ! ; u ; I'm really glad they had a good support convo, it made me like them even more ~~

now I have to have them marry each other every run sobs goodbye my dreams of marrying oboro

also did a quick edit on Takumi's amie photo in paint for fun times lol

I didn't spend too much time on it, ie. I have no idea why they couldn't do something as simple as make his face shorter sobs

original is on the left...I also would have liked it if they showed his ponytail somewhat ; u ;

takumiiii.png

now he looks a bit more like little brother material ♡( ु•⌄• )

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Leon and Takumi feel the most human out of all the characters, and they have several great supports that actually deal with different parts of their personality so you actually get to know them a bit better; their support with each other is also probably my favorite one in the entire game. Takumi does have a few bad ones though, whereas I haven't seen any conversation that's particularly bad for Leon.

also did a quick edit on Takumi's amie photo in paint for fun times lol

I didn't spend too much time on it, ie. I have no idea why they couldn't do something as simple as make his face shorter sobs

original is on the left...I also would have liked it if they showed his ponytail somewhat ; u ;

takumiiii.png

now he looks a bit more like little brother material ♡( ु⌄ )

Uwaah he looks SO MUCH BETTER like this!! Thank you for sharing it!! :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Leon and Takumi feel the most human out of all the characters, and they have several great supports that actually deal with different parts of their personality so you actually get to know them a bit better; their support with each other is also probably my favorite one in the entire game. Takumi does have a few bad ones though, whereas I haven't seen any conversation that's particularly bad for Leon.

Just curious, which conversations did you feel were the bad ones for Takumi? And were they bad because of something on his end, or his partner's end? (I know I disliked his support with Setsuna, but I've also noticed that I am not impressed with Setsuna's supports in general, so that might be something on her end rather than his.)

Just curious, which conversations did you feel were the bad ones for Takumi? And were they bad because of something on his end, or his partner's end? (I know I disliked his support with Setsuna, but I've also noticed that I am not impressed with Setsuna's supports in general, so that might be something on her end rather than his.)

Well, his worst is probably with Felicia, whose supports have been pretty horrible throughout. Takumi comes across as incredibly rude and more harsh than usual, whereas Felicia feels...pushy, somehow. And it's just not interesting; at first I thought Felicia tricked Takumi into helping out with chores, but nope. I liked my incorrectly translated version better.

His support with Hinoka is also pretty boring. It's pretty much "you don't even like me!" - "uh, yes I do?" - "oh, okay.". But once again, Hinoka is just...there, so it's not that bad.

As for Setsuna, her support with Harold is priceless.

Well, his worst is probably with Felicia, whose supports have been pretty horrible throughout. Takumi comes across as incredibly rude and more harsh than usual, whereas Felicia feels...pushy, somehow. And it's just not interesting; at first I thought Felicia tricked Takumi into helping out with chores, but nope. I liked my incorrectly translated version better.

His support with Hinoka is also pretty boring. It's pretty much "you don't even like me!" - "uh, yes I do?" - "oh, okay.". But once again, Hinoka is just...there, so it's not that bad.

As for Setsuna, her support with Harold is priceless.

So Felicia and Takumi's supports are the worst of his, but Felicia just doesn't have good supports in general is what I'm getting at on your end? I only glanced at that very briefly once, so I'll have to take another look at that one. Also, I didn't mind his support with Hinoka. It doesn't come off as very exciting, but it does kind of say something about his character that he thinks that Hinoka doesn't care about him/thinks he's useless -- that he's insecure and maybe in a way felt kind of left out from his family, especially her?

I'll probably go look at Setsuna/Harold later if it's translated.

So Felicia and Takumi's supports are the worst of his, but Felicia just doesn't have good supports in general is what I'm getting at on your end? I only glanced at that very briefly once, so I'll have to take another look at that one. Also, I didn't mind his support with Hinoka. It doesn't come off as very exciting, but it does kind of say something about his character that he thinks that Hinoka doesn't care about him/thinks he's useless -- that he's insecure and maybe in a way felt kind of left out from his family, especially her?

I'll probably go look at Setsuna/Harold later if it's translated.

That is indeed correct. I think all of Felicia's supports deal with her being a poor maid in one form or another, and it's just lazy, so it's not all Takumi's fault. However, like I said, it's just a boring support where he feels super rude.

Yeah but...we know that from the main story and other supports as well. It feels like a rehash; Sakura and Takumi have a pretty sweet support where they both discuss plans on how to bail on a formal event, which shows the family dynamic and a bit more of their personalities than Hinoka's support does. Hell, even Aqua of all people has a better support with Takumi.

You should, and if you don't go at least a little bit "aaw", I'll be surprised. Arthur's supports are usually very sweet, and this one is as good as his with Benoit's.

Fair enough about Hinoka. She just comes off as this super serious person who's focused on being a warrior more than anything else, sometimes to the point of neglecting her family, which she later then feels bad about when things calm down. But it also feels like she doesn't really "know" a lot about them either to a certain extent, so I suppose it's fitting that their dynamics are more like that and less "interesting"? I still didn't mind it, though.