NICKT™

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the face seems. . . off to me, but the rest is really good.

I think it's just that the PoR/RD faces don't lend well to the GBA style if you straight copy them. I'll mess 'round with it later to see if I can get it to look better but I'm not gonna have my hopes up.

yeah, i tried making a boyd mug for my side hack project i'm doing, and por mugs don't seem to look as good when i tried to gba stylize it.

Nickt, do you do requests? I was actually really looking for PoR mugs recently

I think the face looks weird because it isn't straight copied, the shaping is slightly off, especially on the jawline. I think FE8 colors might match POR colors better. Very cool project, good luck with the rest of the cast!

Edited by Toa

you could make his eyes a pixel longer? Maybe narrow out the bridge of his nose? Maybe even going with a darker blue for the hair? I think any other suggestions at this point are just teeny tiny details/nitpicks.

its very solid overall.

You should do all of the greil mercenaries pls

Edited by Ghatsu!

His eyes are still kinda buggy. Better, but still a little buggy. With a blue de-sat, it'll look better. The hair strands between the middle most and the near side bang chunk are kinda snipped compared to the vanilla. I'd also recommend squaring the jaw a little as opposed to keeping it round and pointy as his vanilla had a long and squared jaw. Move the ear up a pixel probably. You could also just use one shade for the undershirt [the dark one] and the pad doesn't really look to have the same shape of the vanilla with that heavy border color shading against the shirt.

Face looks a little smaller, so overall it looks like the hair is bigger 'cause of it, I think.

Felt stumped on Ike, so moved onto Boyd.

I'll be going chapter by chapter and doing whatever new characters pop up, might even do the maps as well. 'cause I really wanna play PoR but can't be arsed buying a gamecube.

Edited by NICKT™

very amazing. I think you should make use of a pure white for eyes if you can though. Blending it with skin looks strange in general, since there are no skin on eyes!. PoR greil is also staring completely forward. So I hope you don't mind but I shifted his eye a bit.

yZyAasi.png

Edited by Ghatsu!

A neater sheet of what there is so far.

Added the fix by Ghatsu, took out Boyd's cheek definition and dicked a little with Boyd's hair to no positive effect.

Edited by NICKT™

yeah, if you're going in PoR order of not generic characters it would go:

Mist

Oscar

Titania

Rhys

Rolf

Shinon

Gatrie

Marcia

Nasir

Soren

Elincia

Mia

Black Knight

ilyana

lethe

mordecai

that's all of the character that are significant up to chapter 9 im almost certain

other than the elephant in the room, her hair color has too little contrast on it, her skin should be less yellow more pinky, and...um the pink on her collar and yellow shirt is too high sat than the original, but it does look better like this to me.

to fix that elephant, the eye on our left....the line on the bottom should slant up from left to right, and that right eye needs to be shorter.

i think that mist sprite is one of the best looking ones you ever made though :v really colourful, smooth lines, and the shading feels soft n.n

i had to stop and look at your other fe9 sprites to see why i don't think that way about them, though....it's the lines. i think they're too stiff. it's not really your fault and probably not real crit since you were trying to match the original, but it's what i like. also, i think when you do your sprites with fe7 color it just looks better to me.

greil looks like bazba