NICKT™

If someone has the oomph to do something towards what they want to see happen, good on them, that's one actual step closer to whatever goals they have (even if they're not mine or the majority's).

@ghast Whining that people aren't working towards the game you wanted to see remade and insisting it has less value than your alternative isn't positive and I don't see why you bothered getting carried away with it at all. Nickt's already proven there's value in remaking FE9 content.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone has the oomph to do something towards what they want to see happen, good on them, that's one actual step closer to whatever goals they have (even if they're not mine or the majority's).

@ghast Whining that people aren't working towards the game you wanted to see remade and insisting it has less value than your alternative isn't positive and I don't see why you bothered getting carried away with it at all. Nickt's already proven there's value in remaking FE9 content.

I don't think he's whining, I think he has valid points.

I mean, he's right, more or less, but the only reason why I'd want to do 9 is because I've never had a chance to play it but I've always been intrigued unlike the other Fire Emblem games.

And the only reason I want to work on something other than a personal collection is 'cause all of my stuff's on a dead hard drive.

I wouldn't mind working on an FEXNA project of an earlier title, I just probably wouldn't be as into it as I would be with the Radiant duo.

i'll go with 'lenh and I have different takes on what constitutes whining'

9rXx06L.png

edit- this may be better TrXukT0.png

tried to get that trim on his left pauldron. keyword being tried

Edited by Ghatsu!

Like, a mug a day, has it been?

Chugging along quite nicely.

EDIT:

Now, when it came to mugs that were too large for menus I had to make several decisions. I decided that I could live with width breaking the menus, it wasn't an issue to me but I'll hear if you guys don't like it, but when it came to height I was a little more strict. However, there'll be separate "conversation" versions that will probably be a full graphic, meaning mugs like Reyson here who has no wings will only be for menus.

~
Yeti's comment on mug sizes in FEXNA.

You can use any size, but the suggested maximum is about 104x96. This is so they're not too tall for conversations and interfere with the word balloons, or too wide for some of the menus. (only PCs show up on these menus though, so enemies have more room for width)
1jI3okP.png Screen92.png 05qudzj.png
The code could be edited to work with larger images, but I could just as well say the code could be edited to make the game 1080p

Edited by NICKT™

reyson's trim is a bit fancier than that, but other than that i like the palette on the clothes. hair could use a bit of darker shades (especially 3rd shade

Don't ignore me, fuckers. :3

Edit:
Sorry Nih, didn't see your comment.
I was going to try and make the trim better, but the smaller I got the harder it was to do it, so I was like fuuuuuuuck it.

Edited by NICKT™

Only thing I'm worried 'bout is the shirt being too dark, but I felt like going over-board in maintaining the essence of the original.

Edited by NICKT™

Going back a bit, I'd enjoy seeing a 'de-remake' of PoR and/or RD because there's no way I can actually play it. My toaster of a computer has trouble running Shadow Dragon, let alone something like a Gamecube or Wii game. And a video/screenshot LP doesn't quite have the same effect as playing it myself. Being able to get the general mechanics and functionality of those two games while actually having the ability to play it at higher than 30 seconds per frame would be great!

'de-remake'

Actually, it's called de-make, and they're a thing. There's an awesome demake of FF7 for the Famicom, and China has tons of demakes.

But yeah, that was my thought too. Plus, FEXNA isn't exactly limited. You can easily redo EVERYTHING seen in FE9/10, no problems. The only thing you lose out on is 3D battles, and that's relatively tiny. Furthermore, FE9 had some game issues that kinda took away from the experience, such as the entire skill system. It was neat in theory, poor in practice. I remember some weird shit going on with removing skills, and something about characters starting with skills and they didn't have correct capacity, idk. In any case, all easily fixable in FEXNA.

FE5 is a really big FEXNA candidate though, and I was thinking of a side project with it in the distant future. Unfortunately, I'd rather focus on original projects, so maybe not after all.

i like hair

but i think it's the vanilla palette das making it hard for u (is dat eli's dad?)

vanilla red is hard to sprite with. I always have char edit my palettes cuz he's palette god c:

i like hair

but i think it's the vanilla palette das making it hard for u (is dat eli's dad?)

vanilla red is hard to sprite with. I always have char edit my palettes cuz he's palette god c:

Opinions?

Edited by NICKT™

This is better! You need to shade the hair/skin transition better though.

Also, the armour decoration on her chest, you need to make the middle branch pass over the farther branch. by adding lighter pixels on the edge of the middle branch.

You can ask for english if you want. Because I'm not sure if I'm being understood here xD

Done a Tormod, he was actually pretty easy.

As I'm doing each one, I've got the original mug and then the one I'm working on saved as a "NameWiP", but with Tormod I had it all done in one sitting so I was done before I had even saved it as a WiP.

Hair is a bit iffy, but I'm not too keen on trying to fix that.

However I might go back and fix the eyes later, as during the re-sizing it loses some details which makes it harder to replicate when I don't use the original mug as a reference too, 'cause I'm an idiot.

Edited by NICKT™