NICKT™

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure if it's been mentioned but what about Ike and his promotion?

Due to personal things, I might slow down or all right stop posting for a while whilst I get on top of everything, but I most likely will still be working on these in my spare time.

So, until things are better, I'll leave you with this in the meantime.

Edited by NICKT™

Keep in mind that fexna does not currently but will on reease support promotion based portraits, so Ike can change portraits in both conversation and on the status screen if need be.

Mm, got the same from Yeti when I asked, mentioned something along the lines of he needed it for a time-skip, I believe.

So yeah, definitely handy. Can jump from PoR to RD with no hassle.

Tracing makes the process almost painless.

It's usually making things from scratch where I tend to lose my edge, which is why I splice heavily but for the most part this is more just like cleanup work which I feel I'm way better at. Used to spend ages just going around and fixing other people's mugs for fun and practice because I couldn't make my own for the hell of it.

Was wondering why I wasn't getting many comments here, thinking to myself, "I gave you guys Ashnard and you still aren't happy", then I realized I haven't posted it yet, so here, welcome the Mad King.

Edited by NICKT™

I think it's hard maybe for people to know how to comment on these? They are definitely clean, and look fairly good, but then they aren't say full scratch versions... They do take time, effort and skill to get to right though in the resizing/re-editing. I get the frustration/confusion though. You know how much work you out in, and it sucks to not feel, well appreciated/acknowledged.

Most comments also seem to focus soley on the ones that have some issues, so it can be hard to tell sometimes what is working if there is only detailed negative or uninformative positive replies.

Anyways... It is an ambitious project. It's turning out pretty well so far. There are some earlier ones that bug me a lil bit with slight proportion issues and some reworked armor that doesn't look as good/fit with the rest of the sprite/design... But all the latest stuff I have seen has been looking pretty good. :)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

oooh I can't wait to see what sort of absurd splices i can pull with these. Ashnard is fuckin' cleeeeaaannn

Get on that shit, yo.

Already had Agro show me a couple he did and they certainly look neat because they're using parts you barely see often so it feels new and fresh.

So show me when you get some done, 'cause I wanna see. :3

I think it's hard maybe for people to know how to comment on these? They are definitely clean, and look fairly good, but then they aren't say full scratch versions... They do take time, effort and skill to get to right though in the resizing/re-editing. I get the frustration/confusion though. You know how much work you out in, and it sucks to not feel, well appreciated/acknowledged.

Most comments also seem to focus soley on the ones that have some issues, so it can be hard to tell sometimes what is working if there is only detailed negative or uninformative positive replies.

Anyways... It is an ambitious project. It's turning out pretty well so far. There are some earlier ones that bug me a lil bit with slight proportion issues and some reworked armor that doesn't look as good/fit with the rest of the sprite/design... But all the latest stuff I have seen has been looking pretty good. :)

Mm, I suppose you've a point, they're not that impressive overall but I just like to think that it's at least interesting and that people might want to drop in once and a while an' see how it's coming along which is a hard thing to gauge unless people post or I keep tabs on view-counts. I don't mind people pointing out issues either, I've gotten to the point where it's something I'm more than happy to see these days.

I wish I could work a larger mug size, because I thought FEXNA's default box would be big enough but for the really big mugs it didn't so I had to make compromises. The villain and non-player mugs have a little more freedom due to not having to worry about menus which is why they're bigger. I had to resize a couple bodies which probably may explain that, to get them to fit in the box, either that or I redrew the entire body or spliced which like you said, looks a little dodgy but it's a necessary evil.

Wait, we're allowed to splice these?!

:drool::drool::drool:

Indeed, like I said, Agro's already done some.

Go nuts, just be wary of the hack-box.

Was wondering why I wasn't getting many comments here, thinking to myself, "I gave you guys Ashnard and you still aren't happy", then I realized I haven't posted it yet, so here, welcome the Mad King.

Imma echo Errant's comment and say I just don't know how to comment on these (and I wish there were a like button just to show support for particular sprites~). For the most part they look solid to me (and personally I think you're doing fine quality-wise).

To answer your thought, it is a really interesting project with great results, and I do stop by and admire things every other time you've put up an update. Just don't really have much to say on it. ^^;