NICKT™

Going to do this in parts, along with playable and then non-playable.

Might take a bit of a break between parts if I find something else to suck up my time, just so I don't burn out and crash too badly, but knowing how boring I find everything else I'll probably just chug along and the end result will be a half-arsed attempt at the remaining mugs, haha.

EDIT:

Edited by NICKT™

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her first literal introduction to the player, unless there's something before the video, I haven't played the game is literally turning her into a poor fucking trope.

She does absolutely nothing other than blind the guards so they can run away, whereas Sothe, A THIEF, gets the butt-kicking. Not only does she show no prowess she's thrown under a bus straight away and is displayed as a helpless victim, captured by mooks. (Which, mind you, is hilarious in another right, cause the pair hear a bird, shout "who's there?" They then see a bird but still think someone's there? Like, I'm sorry, birds only make noises with people? What the fuck.)

It's stupid fucking Japanese anime bullshit. Hey, here's this female character who's GOING TO LEAD AN ARMY, so why not make her very first introduction someone who has NO DEFENSIVE CAPABILITIES, someone who doesn't stand up for herself, basically just lets herself be captured waiting for some handsome knight to come rescue her. THAT'S NOT A PROTAGONIST, THAT'S THE LOVE INTEREST.

It doesn't help that I just got around to watching an anime I've been wanting to watch for months, but the first episode introduces the main protagonist who is a detective or some shit like that who supposedly got top of her class but is completely fucking useless as a cop.

It's so, so bad.

So fucking bad. Like, literally, this should be the first thing you learn NOT TO DO in writing school. Who's the writer for Radiant Dawn? They need a fucking book thrown at them.

Why do people like Ike more?

Because if Ike was surrounded by guards who clearly meant him harm, he'd be like, "Stand down, or I'll have to force you to" and then beat the ever living shit out of every one of them. He's got backbone, he doesn't need anyone, he's a charismatic leader, he's strong, brave. Micaiah? A fucking little bitch.

Edited by NICKT™

...but Nickt how do you REALLY feel? :0

Don't hold back, man! Let it out! Don't be shy... XD

Anyways, latest look interesting. Certainly a distinct style difference between the games. :o

Not sure which I prefer honestly... Though the original RD mugs do come off as more polished and smoother looking than PoR.

I laughed, GG, WP.

The only thing I'm not liking so far is that the RD mugs don't have a solid black outline like the PoR mugs do, so I have to do my own outlining which is a little rough half the time.

Because of the amount of colours too when I reduce them through Usenti I have to do it at about 10 or it'll start losing details that I have to scratch back in. fuck that

Whereas the PoR mugs had a lower amount of colours so if you have a look at some WIPs you can see I reduced them to about 3 or 4 colours most of the time and it still retained most of the details, making it so much easier to draw over. (Think like drawing colour over black and white, easy as piss.)

Mostly I think the noses are a little wonky but then I end up just staring at the hair and being like wao so predy

Also Sothe's eyes are a little long to look right on a GBA FE mugshot but that's just a stylistic complaint

Edited by Yasako

I missed something on Aran, a candy-cane in the butt for whoever notices, happy hunting~

His hand?

Edited by Pixelman

So I've been mulling it over and decided to fuck around a bit in GIMP and came to the thought that maybe I should have resized the references by a smaller amount because the RD graphics are bigger than PoR graphics. At first it seemed fine but as I look back over and over at the RD mugs they seem a tad big in comparison, so I was wondering if people thought it'd be worthwhile going back and doing over the ones already done or leaving them 'cause I'm a lazy cunt?

His facial expression is so derp, why is his mouth hanging open like that? Going to be honest, I like the old one more in just about every way, the hair is better, the expression is better, all of it, except maybe the cheek bone. I think he needs to be a bit smaller, maybe it's a problem with his original portrait, but he just looks too big.