NICKT™

I can dig it, Nickt. I can relate entirely. In the end, you're still doing better quality work than years ago, which is the point, yes? :b

Not everyone is capable of just spending more manpower on a sprite and making it look more polished than before if said person has already reached a limit.

Unlike other people who seem fucking limitless and can make something look insane from scratch.

Idk about you, Ghast, but I wanna blow my fuckin' brains out every time I sprite. It's actually a lot of work and isn't always instant gratification (which is what discourages a lot of people because they think it's an instant improvement from sprite 1 to sprite 2). #thatartistlife

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk about you, Ghast, but I wanna blow my fuckin' brains out every time I sprite. that stinks :x It's actually a lot of work and isn't always instant gratification I feel you on that (which is what discourages a lot of people because they think it's an instant improvement from sprite 1 to sprite 2). #thatartistlife

Mist, take two~ I forgot her eyebrow, my bad.

Tried fixing her eye...

I can't for the life of me, those god-damn eyes..

a) No progress and no comments make Nickt something something.

b) Make another mug..?

a) DON'T MIND IF I DO!

tumblr_li46pe1m8I1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

Edited by NICKT™

This resize on Mist is a total succes! Nice job! Just put darker pixels in the center of her eyes.

The Rolf is really good looking too, you just need to make the white of the eyes more present on the sides. And light up the bottom of the iris. right under the pupil which is darker.

>

623512Eye.png

I've always loved the idea of demakes, so what you're doing here is right up my appreciation alley! (...Or something like that.)

Either way, good work! I'll be keeping an eye on this topic to see what you make next.

Rolf is p spot on, i think u could tweak the colours around a bit tho. His hair for instance, is more of a yellowish-green instead of Nino-green, while the clothes are more skyblue

Rolf is p spot on, i think u could tweak the colours around a bit tho. His hair for instance, is more of a yellowish-green instead of Nino-green, while the clothes are more skyblue

You looking at the WiP or the final one? 'cause I did a little with the colours after I was done and think I got pretty close, actually...

Colours aren't final, but yeah, got around to pumping out a Lethe. Still can't do eyes for the life of me and the hair was actually a tad trickier than I imagined.

Edited by NICKT™

i think it's because when u resized u made the ref image too small. look at how squashed her body looks and how small her face is (hair doesn't count)

now that's a problem i also see with Soren and Ilyana. Also U shouldn't be able to see so much of their body since they're supposed to be "short characters"

2241e1a82f.png

ik wips probs aren't the best refs, but look at the difference between their bodies/heads

Edited by Alabaster

Hm, weird 'cause I swear she was resized the same as everyone else.

And for heights, I was noticing it myself as well after I had originally made the first Mist, but came to the conclusion that I'd worry about specific heights when I'm done and trying to finish them all up, for now it's not bothering me too much if they're too tall cause I can always fix it later.

Crit, plz?

The body was really, really easy but my god that face and hair is going to drive me nuts if it wasn't for the ear that already did so.

Edited by NICKT™

How's this?

Tried for an ear and I don't think it's good, so if anyone wants to do it better, feel free.

Colours should hopefully be way better and there's two versions just in-case my beard skills are shit.

Edited by NICKT™

Deciding whether I should accept a little freedom and not worry too much about being perfectly accurate if I feel I can do better, or if I should be as accurate as I can be despite whatever other judgments I may have towards a graphic.

But until I come to a conclusion, have a little Kieran, of which I'm not too happy with either.

Edited by NICKT™