Most useful personal skills (Spoiler Free)

Leif

But it's +15 crit against enemies for all allies in 2 tiles iirc while it's -5 crit evade for him. Far from garbage.

Ha! Don't make me laugh. That 5 penalty to crit evade is 5 too many - especially when your luck growth is the absolute worst in the game. I also think it's rather hypocritical that the OP's singing the praises of a skill that also has a side effect of benefiting the enemy when he laid into some others for that, among other issues.

Edit:

So yeah that was a mistake. It's allies not enemies. That's what you get for not paying atention to personal skills. But anyway Harold's ability is in no way bad. You just need a good plan for him for example avoid weapons that lower crit evade and give him goddess icons because his luck is bad and if you recruit Lutz keep them in close proximity so he can recive a crit evade boost.

Just how many goddess icons are there in the game...?

The skill only lowers your crit ev by 5, which is not that much, though if you make harold a berserker you get -10 which is a tad more substantial but you get +20 crit from the class (and if you want it you can get another +10 from roundhouse) and-15 crit evasion for nearby enemies from the personal skillmake up for a -10 crit evade (and possibly -10 hit from roundhouse), plus this is kinda a moot point anyway because as said it can also be used as a support skill so if you position him right Harold won't be attacked enough for the lowered crit evade to matter plus if he is support unit you can give him some survival skills and not make him a berserker. Though sadly it is difficult, (only a Faimui can give it to him i belive) to make him a holy lancer as that has crt evade +10 and decent defence caps.

Really -5 isn't that bad it is more his actual luck stat that is the problem, but that can be worked around if i understand spotpass correctly as you should be able to give him all the goddess, icons per playthrough than beat the game than repeat the process till capped it is tedious though and he would be a spotpass unit. Anyway i think i overthinked this and it is 3 30 in the mornig and i should sleep so sorry if this post is garbled and incoherent.

Don't worry you remembered correctly (i have the info from the earlier version) , there was just a couple errors on the site early on, there were a lot of skills to translate and look trough. It also had ingis's and foleo's skills swapped.

That -5 crit evade in conjunction with the aforementioned horrid luck.. I said it once, and I'll say it again; that penalty is 5 too many.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I guess a key question is whether unlucky Soul works from the rear of a pair-up….

If it does, Arthur could still serve as a convenient Guard-stance pair-up bot, constantly sitting in the rear to a unit that wants a Guard Stance pair-up, and passively reducing the enemy crit evade by 15, all while being immune to crits himself by virtue of being un-targetable while the support unit in Guard Stance.

Velour's personal Skill Scavenge, might pair well with the mercenary skill Stubbornness. Together you'd get 30% of your health back every time it procs and with the Odd Cry skill, she'd get an additional 40% health back on odd turns.

Alright, I might do that. But I'd at least like for someone who actually has her to confirm it first. Surely someone must have noticed...

Anyway since I don't have the game either these are some skills that I feel will be good from a PvP theorycrafting standpoint:

Effie's Super Strength: if you can get Effie access to Berserker (and why wouldn't you, it's like the perfect class for her), then at capped Strength she will have at least 5 higher strength than basically everyone else that isn't a Berserker. Free +3 damage.

... If we're at the point of capping stats +3 damage isn't really significant enough to be optimizing around.

I'd *much* rather get Effie Merc access for PavSol, Diamond Strike, Defense Formation and probably Patient Assurance in that last slot so she can get +6 on some enemies when tanking EP. [i tried wrangling Renewal in there and it didn't work.] With 80% Str growth in Knight, she's leveling up Str 4/5 levels in Lunatic anyway. Pretty sure she'll have that Str lead on all but the most extreme physical classes, and make a pretty awesome Great Knight.

Edited by Thane Tali

Counterbombing is out.

Counter no longer works when the user initiates combat, and I assume the same goes for all related skills.

So Counter has been infinitely nerfed into true complete uselessness then.

It's not even useful for the enemy anymore!

PP Counters weren't ever a threat-- it was EP Counters that kill.

Edited by Airship Canon

... not off the bat, which is what I'm talking about. Earlygame. Elise starts off with a D rank in Staves.

So? Sakura starts at E rank in staves and can heal at 1-2 range.

And Elise joins at chapter 7 after you get access to my castle and as long as you have internet and 1000 gold you can get the baton version of mend right off the bat. Not quite sure when you will find batons in the main story though but i would think it would be pretty early as you get what appears to be a reverse club in chapter 10.

So Counter has been infinitely nerfed into true complete uselessness then.

It's not even useful for the enemy anymore!

PP Counters weren't ever a threat-- it was EP Counters that kill.

If you only look at it from an offensive perspective then yeah. But it's still useful defensively, since it discourages the opponent from using any of his melee options. Most of the non-magic ranged swords/lances/axes are not good for killing, so they're either forced to target you with tomes/kunais/bows, or spend an extra action weakening you from range before finishing you off. Far from useless.

... If we're at the point of capping stats +3 damage isn't really significant enough to be optimizing around.

I'd *much* rather get Effie Merc access for PavSol, Diamond Strike, Defense Formation and probably Patient Assurance in that last slot so she can get +6 on some enemies when tanking EP. [i tried wrangling Renewal in there and it didn't work.] With 80% Str growth in Knight, she's leveling up Str 4/5 levels in Lunatic anyway. Pretty sure she'll have that Str lead on all but the most extreme physical classes, and make a pretty awesome Great Knight.

Yes, this is probably true for in-game, but I was specifically referring to PvP. Since we can expect everyone to be at caps in their important stats, every point matters. And I don't really understand what you're trying to say, I don't have to "optimize around" her personal skill when she's always going to have it. She doesn't absolutely have to go Berserker, but it's a good postgame choice for her is all I'm saying.

Edited by Bovinian

Individual points matter less the more of them you have. In PvP, characters' stats are at their highest, so skills that don't scale will be at their weakest.

Kinu's Play Time isn't very powerful, but my Kagerou!Kinu had Snake Venom and Four Fangs, so the combination of the three means that any enemy who survives by Kinu's attack will have lost over half their health by the time the turn ends.

(Note that the description the of Playtime on the site is wrong, it affects enemies adjacent to Kinu, not one another.)

Kinu's Play Time isn't very powerful, but my Kagerou!Kinu had Snake Venom and Four Fangs, so the combination of the three means that any enemy who survives by Kinu's attack will have lost over half their health by the time the turn ends.

(Note that the description the of Playtime on the site is wrong, it affects enemies adjacent to Kinu, not one another.)

Streetpass Happy!Kinu With Ninja Access

Kinu + Snake Venom + Deadly Breath + Four Fangs.

Anything that lives takes 80% MHP.

Bring a Kunai and possibly Draconic Curse for debuff/poison machine.

Streetpass Happy!Kinu With Ninja Access

Kinu + Snake Venom + Deadly Breath + Four Fangs.

Anything that lives takes 80% MHP.

Bring a Kunai and possibly Draconic Curse for debuff/poison machine.

Basically with that setup and Play Time you can take enemies to one HP even if you can't damage them.

During the whole game I never used Hinoka, but for the Endgame, I trained her for use. To level Hinoka up, I put Kinu in the middle of some strong enemies (strong for Hinoka, anyways) and unequipped Kinu's weapons. Within a few turns they were all at 1 HP, and Hinoka cleaned house.

That utility alone is pretty great.

Edited by gayserbeam

So just to be clear, all the skills that do something to some percent of enemies' HP are out of the enemies' max HP and not remaining HP, correct? And just have a built-in check for never taking the enemy lower than 1 HP?

So just to be clear, all the skills that do something to some percent of enemies' HP are out of the enemies' max HP and not remaining HP, correct? And just have a built-in check for never taking the enemy lower than 1 HP?

It's max HP. And yeah, no map thing can kill you, be it skills, terrain, or Ballistae (map ones, not the class).

So? Sakura starts at E rank in staves and can heal at 1-2 range.

And Elise joins at chapter 7 after you get access to my castle and as long as you have internet and 1000 gold you can get the baton version of mend right off the bat. Not quite sure when you will find batons in the main story though but i would think it would be pretty early as you get what appears to be a reverse club in chapter 10.

I probably won't be using other players' My Castles and such to get items I couldn't normally get, meaning Elise is stuck healing at 1-range until Physic.

If you only look at it from an offensive perspective then yeah. But it's still useful defensively, since it discourages the opponent from using any of his melee options. Most of the non-magic ranged swords/lances/axes are not good for killing, so they're either forced to target you with tomes/kunais/bows, or spend an extra action weakening you from range before finishing you off. Far from useless.

Yes, this is probably true for in-game, but I was specifically referring to PvP. Since we can expect everyone to be at caps in their important stats, every point matters. And I don't really understand what you're trying to say, I don't have to "optimize around" her personal skill when she's always going to have it. She doesn't absolutely have to go Berserker, but it's a good postgame choice for her is all I'm saying.

Justifying using up Effie's S-Support reclass option on Berserker in order to make use of her personal skill sounds sounds a lot like optimizing around it, if you ask me. Since she can't A+ Luna, Berserker means giving up Sol access, and seeing as Effie has excellent growths in all the important physical skills, going Berserker seems rather short-sighted when you have better units to fulfill the damage-output role and limited ways to set up good tank sets.

^ As i said you most likely will still get a couple batons from the main story, so Elise may not not be stuck at 1-2 range till physic depending on when(maybe if but i doubt it) you get a baton, mycastle is just the easier and more substaiable way to get batons.

And on Effie: for Pvp purposes and for players who use spotpass, the classes you get are more important than the skills you get as you can buy skills but you can't buy stat caps. Also having a 43 strengh cap is good enough on its own the plus 3 damage on anything with 38 str or less (which is literally everybody who is not a maxed str berserker not counting modifiers and with it only generals and magamars can reach that with max +3 modifiers) is just gravy and hardly optimizing around it, more like optimizing in general tbh with her stat cap modifiers.p fitting beserker pretty well. So yeah she pretty much has base 46 str as a berserker. Also as said available skills probably won't matter as much for pvpas class max stats, max stats mods, and personal skills, as i am sure there will be a skill market in the community and every unit can pretty much get every base class and thus skills trough the avatar. And for stat mods effie isn't quite the best for a tank set with -1 def and res and also skl which does lower sol and pasive. But is 1 of 4 base units to have +3 str, and 1 of 2 of those 4 to have a positive mod in speed instead of a negative one.

Doesn't Fighter give Hero

Misses out on the bow knight stuff, but Sol is fine if you have enough seals.

Yes. Fighter gives Hero as a reclass option, so Effie can go Hero to get Sol and go Berserker afterwards for the stat caps.

Whoops.

Is the Def cap on Berserker lower than General or Great Knight?

Definitely. Berserker has a measly Max Def of 27, but GK has 37 while General has goddamn 40.

Edited by Minischew

'zerker is pure offense. Massive STR, Great Speed. Pure undiluted offense... and unlike Awakening, has some actual Skill to back that raw offense.

From an attacking PoV, it's the best class in the game.

Defensive, it is not. In anyway, besides large HP pool, which it needs since it's a melee.

Edited by Airship Canon