Surprisingly Powerful/Weak Units (Character Spoilers)

Fuzzlekins

Belka is outclassed by Camilla.

Benoit is "outclassed" by Effie, mostly because Effie appears alot earlier. Benoit is also extremely, extremely slow, and "will" need to gain 10 Levels ASAP to get Defensive Formation. Until then he's going to get doubled non stop.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gazzak is looking pretty great for an extra unit. His defense growth is absurd for a fighter unit, and his all other growths are high all around.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/growth-rates/

Finally he gets Stubborness(regain health based on luck), Raven strike(Great accuracy when combat is initiated), and Pavise AKA Great Shield!

Benoit is "outclassed" by Effie, mostly because Effie appears alot earlier. Benoit is also extremely, extremely slow, and "will" need to gain 10 Levels ASAP to get Defensive Formation. Until then he's going to get doubled non stop.

Thanks, that would explain why I haven't seen them much (especially Belka, it's Eda all over again). At least Benoit has a saving grace though, so that's something I could work with if I want to use him.

Flannel has TERRIBLE SKL by base, growth, and class growth, but he has Fighter as his secondary class tree, so if you spend some time as Fighter -> Hero, he should get enough SKL to put that crazy STR to good use. Hero and Garou both fix his SPD, so while he has a low growth he shouldn't lag too far behind there, but he'll always be vulnerable to magic. At least he has a lot of HP to weather enemy mages with.

Edited by Luninareph

Has anyone tried Berserker!Belka? I wonder if that can save her.

Derp! Edited in the real class growths:

HP: 75

Strength: 55

Magic: 10

Skill: 70

Speed: 45

Luck: 45

Defense: 40

Resistance: 25

Edited by The DanMan

Subtracting her class growths gets us the following as her base growths:

HP: 35

Strength: 15

Magic: 5

Skill: 45

Speed: 20

Luck: 40

Defense: 20

Plugging the Berserker growths in gives us this:

HP: 65

Strength: 40

Magic: 5

Skill: 60

Speed: 35

Luck: 40

Defense: 20

I'll let you be the judge.

Just saying that's the wrong method, you're not supposed to subtract the class growths

Just saying that's the wrong method, you're not supposed to subtract the class growths

I misread the line concerning them in the growth rates section. Previous post edited.

Flannel has TERRIBLE SKL by base, growth, and class growth, but he has Mercenary as his secondary class tree, so if you spend some time as Mercenary -> Hero, he should get enough SKL to put that crazy STR to good use. Hero and Garou both fix his SPD, so while he has a low growth he shouldn't lag too far behind there, but he'll always be vulnerable to magic. At least he has a lot of HP to weather enemy mages with.

Flannel has Fighter not Mercenary.

How are the Hoshido royals?

Ryouma is very good thanks to his Prf weapon. In my experience, he doubles pretty much everyone, gets crits often, and has great speed. He can't take many hits due to his defenses, but he'll usually dodge most attacks.

Takumi is also excellent. High skill, good enough speed to usually double, and dishes out crits like cards.

Hinoka and Sakura are okay. They're not terrible, but they don't stand out as much. Compared to the Nohr sisters, they're not as useful, IMO.

How are the Hoshido royals?

Hinoka is a tank, but probably the one you'll use the least.

Takumi has served me the best by far; he can crit for days, can walk normally over any terrain and his damage is absolutely ludicrous. Give him and Xander some speedwings and you won't need the rest of your army.

Ryouma is great, he doubles everyone, but you still need to be careful due to his defenses.

Sakura, with the right skills, can become a beast. She's fairly balanced and has very high magic; if you find a Shining Bow, you can use her as a War Cleric, which is a class with very high base stats, I believe. She's surprisingly quick, and her defense isn't useless unlike Elise's.

Edited by Thane

It's honestly a shame. Given that Benoit's one of my absolute favorite units, I'll pull out all the stops to make him great. Did it with Gilliam in Sacred Stones, and I won't mind doing it again~.

Derp! Edited in the real class growths:

HP: 75

Strength: 55

Magic: 10

Skill: 70

Speed: 45

Luck: 45

Defense: 40

I kind of wish her speed was a bit better, but it's still something to help her stand out from Camilla.

Flannel has TERRIBLE SKL by base, growth, and class growth, but he has Fighter as his secondary class tree, so if you spend some time as Fighter -> Hero, he should get enough SKL to put that crazy STR to good use. Hero and Garou both fix his SPD, so while he has a low growth he shouldn't lag too far behind there, but he'll always be vulnerable to magic. At least he has a lot of HP to weather enemy mages with.

Thanks, I figured RES would be his Achilles Heel, but it's good to know his high HP helps. As for SKL, I thought for sure that the Beaststone bonuses (+5 for regular, +8 for +) would help fix that, but since it sounds like he still could have hit rate issues I'll definitely throw him into the Brave Hero tree for a time if it gets to that point. Plus, it gives me a reason to pick up Sol, and that's always a good thing for a bulky unit like him.

Edited by Medeus

Tsukuyomi got the bench in my playthrough. I thought Orochi is far better stats-wise

And he would have been kid-less anyway.

I needed to marry Felicia because reasons so he now has to do the bench.

Children characters are generally strong, but it depends on the inheritance, when they were recruited, so it's not really, I would say, possible to answer those

Crimson is rather strong, actually having some semblance of defense, acceptable offense as well. And flying, though that is a weakness as well.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Children characters are generally strong, but it depends on the inheritance, when they were recruited, so it's not really, I would say, possible to answer those

Crimson is rather strong, actually having some semblance of defense, acceptable offense as well. And flying, though that is a weakness as well.

thanks for the info! =)

Edited by pinguyFrank

Has anyone actively used Velour? I'm not sure I would've been able to complete Conquest without her. She was almost as vital as Effie and Xander.

Easily the strongest unit in my hard Nohr playthrough. Since I married my kamui to flannel, she inherited dragonic blood which is amazing in conjunction with four fangs. Many of my strats involved simply marching her into a room and having her soak up attacks. Anyone that engaged her got -4 to all their stats and -20 percent max hp making it easy for the rest of my team to mop up.

Here were her stats at level 20:

HP: 63 (two seraph robes)

Str: 42 (two power drops)

Mag: 3

Skill: 32

Spd: 31

Luck: 27

Def: 36

Res: 16

-

This is without the bonus stats granted by the beast stones. She can reach 34 spd with the normal stone and 40 def with the guard beast stone.

I don't know if it's because both were particularly RNG blessed, but my Flannel paired with Camilla was unstoppable in late game Nohr. Charlotte is an absolute monster, but her defence is a little shy. I paired her with Marx and she's yet to die on me, though.

In the late game I found particular use for Velour, Eponine, Midoriko and a HP-buffed Elise whereas unfortunately my Leon and Shigure lagged behind. I didn't get all the child units (working on that right now, actually) so I don't know how they fared.