Surprisingly Powerful/Weak Units (Character Spoilers)

Fuzzlekins

Takumi is a monster ! The ennemies should blame Takumi.

Kagerou really don't impress me much, sure, at level 13, she shad 17 str, 5 more than Suzukaze, but... :/

Hm, is Hinoka really that good ? With her special naginata that boost her def/res, she is indeed a good tank. Also the game just gave me Yuugiri and her bases are crap. :/

Also, I got two Dread Scroll with the bonus box... to who I should give them ? It doesn't really looks like a good class. :/
Well, it look badass, especially with the blue fire thing that is badass.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takumi is a monster ! The ennemies should blame Takumi.

Kagerou really don't impress me much, sure, at level 13, she shad 17 str, 5 more than Suzukaze, but... :/

Hm, is Hinoka really that good ? With her special naginata that boost her def/res, she is indeed a good tank. Also the game just gave me Yuugiri and her bases are crap. :/

Also, I got two Dread Scroll with the bonus box... to who I should give them ? It doesn't really looks like a good class. :/

Well, it look badass, especially with the blue fire thing that is badass.

Hinoka doesn't have a special Naginata; she has it when she joins you, and it's exceedingly good at that point in the game, but you can buy it in stores later.

On that note, looking over the information posted on this site (and also looking at YouTube videos of the playthrough), Matoi also comes with a weapon that while not unique to her, should be really good and is purchaseable in shops (but only in limited supplies)…

Hinoka: Guard Naginata: 1 available from level 2 armory after CH. 13, 2 available (+1 more than before) from level 3 armory, price: 2700

Matoi: Swordslayer Naginata: 1 available from level 2 armory after CH. 13, 2 available (+1 more than before) from level 3 armory, price: 3400

(Matoi also gets an Iron Naginata)

Most of the children only come in with Iron Weapon or the occasional throwing weapon (like an occasional kid with a Javelin or a hand axe) or their transformation stone.

One of them (Deere/Dia, I think), comes with staves including the rare Physic staff, but most of the kids come with easily infinitely store purchasable irons…..

So the kids that come with limited-supply items (Matoi, Deere, those with throwing weapons) might be more valuable to recruit than your average child, all other things considered equal, as they give you special weapons or equipment that are in very limited supply otherwise…

I mean, consider Matoi and her Swordslayer Naginata…. since you only can buy two of them in the vendor, the fact that Matoi comes with one for free means that you get a third, right?

(It also means that she has access to an effective weapon within her own recruitment paralogue without you having to give her anything, and looking at a YouTube playthrough there are definitely a bunch of sword using heroes on that map. )

Yeah, I mean the Guard Naginata, very handy this weapon.

I take back what I said about Kagerou she is awesome.

I just got Ryouma and Crimson, no surprise, Lobster-san is awesome. I'm perplexed by Crimson. Her stats are:

Str 23 (+2) Mag 4 Skl 17 Spd 19 Lck 14 Def 22 Res 6

That's the stat she have now, the moment I got her. So what's the catch ? xD

Edited by B.Leu

Yeah, I mean the Guard Naginata, very handy this weapon.

I take back what I said about Kagerou she is awesome.

I just got Ryouma and Crimson, no surprise, Lobster-san is awesome. I'm perplexed by Crimson. Her stats are:

Str 23 (+2) Mag 4 Skl 17 Spd 19 Lck 14 Def 22 Res 6

Limited Supports.

Besides the limited supports, none. I started using her about 7 chapters after she joins (when the deployment limit went up), and she still was effective right away, even if she was around 5 levels behind. She caught up right away and was useful all the way to the endgame.

For those who were disappointed with Odin, do you keep him as a Dark Mage/Sorcerer? Or did you reclass him to Samurai? Looking at his growth rates, base stats and personal skill, I feel like he would be better suited as a Samurai/Trueblade. I plan on reclassing him ASAP.

For those who were disappointed with Odin, do you keep him as a Dark Mage/Sorcerer? Or did you reclass him to Samurai? Looking at his growth rates, base stats and personal skill, I feel like he would be better suited as a Samurai/Trueblade. I plan on reclassing him ASAP.

Lol yeah going by average stats alone (I haven't actually played) it does seem that way. Seems like he'd be a better Samurai/Trueblade than Hana, at any rate, since he's a bit more durable and not as slow as Hinata. Ironic how in Awakening he needed to be reclassed to magic to realize his true calling, but now that he's canonically a mage he misses his twitching sword hand...

Lol yeah going by average stats alone (I haven't actually played) it does seem that way. Seems like he'd be a better Samurai/Trueblade than Hana, at any rate, since he's a bit more durable and not as slow as Hinata. Ironic how in Awakening he needed to be reclassed to magic to realize his true calling, but now that he's canonically a mage he misses his twitching sword hand...

It's kind of cool how he has a custom Trueblade appearance.(Well from what I heard)

Realistically speaking, I suppose I overlooked the fact that you could do something silly like...

Reclass Elise into a Wyvern Lord, use Bolt Axes off her high magic and benefit from Wyvern Lord's High Defense

...Well actually for this specific example, Revenant Knight would allow the use of both tomes and Bolt Axe (stronger, no other downsides apart from -avoid and lack of crits and skills)

But the general idea is that anyway

I'll make more comments now that I'm also done with the Nohr characters, then probably time to compare a few.

Of course...physical characters don't have a tome that does strength based damage, so it doesn't work the other way around, hoho

I'll probably have to recheck my Hoshido list to take into account magic weapons (blah), but for now, here's the Nohr list (prepromotes aren't listed because Bovinian's program doesn't work with their reclasses)

Elise: Will do well as anything. Revenant Knight technically has superior defense, and hence, overall compared to the others, but isn't the point of Elise to heal? (Which would probably mean Strategist is still the best)

Effie: Great Knight (26 vs 22 Speed) over General, unless you dislike the Beast Weakness or something (GK also has superior movement and can use swords)

Arthur: Berserker. The other options trade speed for defense, which isn't exactly a good idea as Arthur isn't very fast, and will need every point he can get

Owain: Will do well as anything, in theory, each one has their own attributes. Trueblade seems overly better than the others though

Zero: Will do well as anything. His lopsided stats somehow result in balanced stats, I have no idea

Nyx: Very fragile. Just don't be a bow knight and you should be ok.

Severa: Hero appears to be the superior option. Her strength is kinda low though

Belka: Will do well as anything. Depends on whether you want more Speed/Strength, or more Defense

Inigo: Will do well as anything. Speed vs Strength/Defense

Pieri: Just don't be a Sorcerer and she should be fine.

Benoit: Will do well as anything, but Defensive Formation is practically a must. I suppose he has high defense regardless (30 Defense Berserker? You must be joking)

Charlotte: Berserker for Strength, Hero for Defense

Flannel: Berserker and Mana both are very similar (+/- 4 Str/Def)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Arthur: Berserker. The other options trade speed for defense, which isn't exactly a good idea as Arthur isn't very fast, and will need every point he can get

But on the other hand, his already shitty crit evade takes another hit. That ain't good, or cool.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

But on the other hand, his already shitty crit evade takes another hit. That ain't good, or cool.

I would say based on everything about Arthur, he was meant to be a Berserker. He is supposed to be the unit that is likely to be crit... but he will definitely crit you. Now this isn't a very good strategy IN GAME, but it is quite useful in PvP.

I would say based on everything about Arthur, he was meant to be a Berserker. He is supposed to be the unit that is likely to be crit... but he will definitely crit you. Now this isn't a very good strategy IN GAME, but it is quite useful in PvP.

Based on his personality, I should think he's intended more to be a Hero. Which, incidentally, gives him one fewer base point of SPD than Berserker with the same growth, as well as three more base points of LUC with a 5% growth bonus. It also doesn't reduce his natural CRIT EVA the way Berserker does, plus it gives him more DEF to help soften crits when they appear (as they will, because... Arthur).

If I wasn't going Hero, I would think I'd rather Great Knight him than Berserker him. Give him Sol and Aegis and Diamond Strike, focus on SKL and DEF, and see if you can get tanky enough that critical hits aren't much of a concern, then park him near key points of your assault so your other units can take advantage of his passive. I admit I'm not sure if that's actually better than Berserker!Arthur... but I'm pretty sure Hero!Arthur is preferable to either. At least, that's my opinion.

Sounds good on paper, but in practice... I'm not sure I'd want to make someone who's already a crit magnet even more of one.