Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

and you might hate him in hoshido path too , but Im gonna enjoy killing him too , at silas haters wtf is your damage and I could not give thousand of damns to asama and notgaius (I just don't see why the are endearing to the females ugh)

Read: "Character Hate Thread." Please don't start another battle here like Loki did. Just let them (inc. myself) hate Silas if they want, lmao.

And I don't think Asama is that popular though?

Edited by Minischew

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asama is so sadly underrated.

36dc77de0065ffc08728ed14caa2d03d.png

Needs more Asama. Would you believe it that a google image search of him only yields like, three images of him? Wow...poor Asama.

Honestly, Silas feels like hes characterized to be an option for Femui. Like the super loyal childhood friend knight that gets to be victorious in winning her affections. I guess the cliche bugs people.

A lot of characters i was initially neutral or unenthusiastic about ended up growing on me. But poor Tsukuyomi just isnt.

Honestly, Silas feels like hes characterized to be an option for Femui. Like the super loyal childhood friend knight that gets to be victorious in winning her affections. I guess the cliche bugs people.

To me, Silas feels superfluous; like I said, Kamui already has plenty of people who obsess over him, meaning that Silas doesn't fill any real role since his defining trait is his loyalty to Kamui, much like Joker, for instance.

I don't hate the guy, I just find him to be an unnecessary addition and uninteresting.

To me, Silas feels superfluous; like I said, Kamui already has plenty of people who obsess over him, meaning that Silas doesn't fill any real role since his defining trait is his loyalty to Kamui, much like Joker, for instance.

I don't hate the guy, I just find him to be an unnecessary addition and uninteresting.

I suppose that's a better way to describe my opinions of him. :/ He isn't really funny, he isn't interesting or unique in terms of backstory, and he isn't the most attractive option, either. I'm not sure what the appeal is.

hmm i can see that. Honestly, i tend to forget about him because of all the other cheerleaders joining my team.

How dare you guys not love the best husbando.

Nah, but I can see why several of you guys don't really care for Silas. Even though I like him, even I think the reason he joins in the Hoshido route is just full of lolwut and he really does fit that childhood friend cliche to a T, but hey different people like different things.

The funny thing is, there really is no character I actually hate so far, there's only characters I'm meh or iffy about, such as Azura (I forget she exists half the time actually), Camilla, and Hinoka (Please someone tell me the older sisters are interesting in the plot. I don't want both of them to be the only sibings I don't love). And as for the characters I thought I would hate (Charlotte, Oboro, Matoi, etc.) I actually like a lot. The only character that I'm actually close to hating is Jakob purely due to his support with Deere. Even then, Jakob is weird and tends to jump around like crazy in my "like", "meh", and "WTF is wrong with you" categories depending on what supports I've recently read with him... They're either amazing or just make you raise an eyebrow at him and question his mental state.

The funny thing is, there really is no character I actually hate so far, there's only characters I'm meh or iffy about, such as Azura (I forget she exists half the time actually)

Don't worry, so does the game.

(Please someone tell me the older sisters are interesting in the plot. I don't want both of them to be the only sibings I don't love)

Nope, those two fade into the background completely; Hinoka in particular feels like an afterthought in all three routes.

Don't worry, so does the game.

Nope, those two fade into the background completely; Hinoka in particular feels like an afterthought in all three routes.

Dammit, really? Ah well, at least I feel like I'm going to end up using Camilla a lot because of her class. As for Hinoka... well I guess she'll end up cemented as my least favorite of the siblings.

How dare you guys not love the best husbando.

Nah, but I can see why several of you guys don't really care for Silas. Even though I like him, even I think the reason he joins in the Hoshido route is just full of lolwut and he really does fit that childhood friend cliche to a T, but hey different people like different things.

The funny thing is, there really is no character I actually hate so far, there's only characters I'm meh or iffy about, such as Azura (I forget she exists half the time actually), Camilla, and Hinoka (Please someone tell me the older sisters are interesting in the plot. I don't want both of them to be the only sibings I don't love). And as for the characters I thought I would hate (Charlotte, Oboro, Matoi, etc.) I actually like a lot. The only character that I'm actually close to hating is Jakob purely due to his support with Deere. Even then, Jakob is weird and tends to jump around like crazy in my "like", "meh", and "WTF is wrong with you" categories depending on what supports I've recently read with him... They're either amazing or just make you raise an eyebrow at him and question his mental state.

If Silas had a backstory besides his loyalty to Kamui, I would have found him more interesting.

I've read over negative responses to Jakob's support with Deere, so I went and read the support, and wow, I can't be the only one who thinks he was a being a rather abusive jerk in the B support.

Edit: I feel like IS forgot about Hinoka... At least Camilla had more spotlight. Hinoka just fades like nothing happened.

Edited by Yuina

Edit: I feel like IS forgot about Hinoka... At least Camilla had more spotlight. Hinoka just fades like nothing happened.

Ironic considering Hinoka was the one happiest about you returning to Hoshido and most saddened by your kidnapping.

Yeah, this is why I don't like him either. It would've been another thing entirely if Kamui recognized him, buuuuut they didn't, which Silas should take like a slap to the face.

Seriously, Kamui has Joker, Felicia and the siblings obsessing over him; Silas' loyalty wasn't needed.

I could see Silas joining you in Nohr because, well, he's a Nohrian knight but I can't see him betraying his country for a guy who doesn't even remember him.

Originally, I intended on avoiding this thread so the negativity wouldn't affect me, but I changed my mind.

• Corrin (Plot Spoilers)

Don't know much about the plot, but he can choose to side with Nohr instead of honoring Mikoto's sacrifice. "Hey, let's side with the people who have already tried to kill you twice and succeeded in killing your mentor/father figure (Corrin doesn't know Gunter's still alive) and your mother, the latter of which sacrificed herself to make sure you wouldn't die. Makes sense, right?! He's also too naïve. They could have written his reasons for siding with Nohr better, and have him actually try to change the way things are in Nohr. I've heard that the "changing the empire from inside" part that was advertized was only in the end of the game.

• Azura (Plot spoilers?)

Claims to love Hoshido. Backstabs them the first chance she gets in the Nohr Route.

• Xander (Plot Spoilers for Birthright)

"There's no evil in father's actions". He's too naïve. Not only that, but he keeps on fighting even after he FUCKING KILLED ELISE! Thus making her sacrifice meaningless

• Camilla

Her obsession and Yandere-ness towards Corrin is nearly as bad or even worse than Tharja's towards Robin.

• Elise

This one is just a minor annoyance, but her support with Camilla makes it sound as if she hasn't even gone through her puberty yet, so the fact that she can go around killing people, getting married and mothering one of the children is a little creepy for me. She's also naïve about the ways of war.

• Arthur

Doesn't question Garon's actions and yet he still claims to be fighting for justice. His supports with Effie also show that he's also quick to throw away fighting for justice despite her telling him that it's a good trait.

• Lutz (Paralogue spoilers?)

Almost got his dad arrested or fucking killed for not being with him in his recruitment instead of trying to make up for lost time.

• Odin (Just a minor annoyance, he's actually my favorite character)

In his support with Charlotte, he basically changes her and makes her a walking joke among the soldiers of the army for his own amusement, thus making it harder for her to succeed in her goal.

• Zero

Too sadistic.

• Eponine

Her one trait is that she's a Yaoi Fangirl. That's it.

• Soleil

Her supports are contradictory. In Corrin's support with her, she faints when she sees cute girls, but apparently has no problem flirting with them in other supports. She's also not a bisexual option. Her most exaggerated traits are that she's a Yuri Fangirl and that she has no problem walking around naked, and her lack of dancing and singing skills despite who her family is is not shown enough. In her supports with Ophelia and Foleo, it also shows that she has no restraint, despite them clearly being uncomfortable.

• Ophelia (Again, just a minor annoyance. She's tied with Oboro for my second favorite character)

Her C-support with Ignis shows that she takes advantage of the fear of others (Oboro does the same to Benoit). She's also surprisingly pushy in her supports with Shara, and though Ophelia only wanted to help, it clearly annoyed Shara.

• Both Kannas

Same as Elise

• Jakob

He's crosses the line several times in many conversations. Is also more obsessed with Corrin than Frederick was with Chrom.

• Deere

His supports with Kisaragi. He doesn't accept the fact that some people might have different ways to organize stuff and doesn't let him eat when he's hungry.

• Asama

I haven't read many of his supports, but the way he insults Oboro in his support with her despite knowing that she would get mad annoys me.

• Setsuna

It's quite fun to read her supports, but how did she even become an archer, or even a Royal Guard for that matter? Shouldn't an archer need awareness of their surroundings?

• Subaki

The way he brags and shows off his "perfection" just makes him sound arrogant.

• Tsukuyomi

While Ricken didn't like being looked down upon for being a kid, Tsukuyomi takes it a step further by letting that control his actions. For example, in his Supports with Sakura, he claims that adults shouldn't eat sweet stuff. The way he does things is ridiculous, and the fact that he's arrogant doesn't help matters.

• Pieri for reasons already stated in this thread.
  • Hisame

His C-Support with Kisaragi has Kisaragi say that he wants to become friends with Hisame like their fathers before them. Hisame's response was to literally claim that it's unacceptable and that they should have a more professional relationship.

• Mitama's eyes creep me out.
  • Siegbert

Tries to be too much like his father instead of his own individual.

There are also some characters that I don't dislike but I have a few problems with (I don't know much about the plot itself, so if they don't show up in any of the lists there's a chance that I don't know much about them, like Ganz and Iago). (Plot spoilers)

Mikoto and Garon didn't have enough development

I've heard that Hinoka and Sakura don't do much in the story.

I wish we could support Lilith.

Zoura should have been an unit in the Birthright route and have him have supports with Corrin and Takumi, and if he had enough support points with either of them by chapter 12 he could be spared.

Corrin and Azura being cousins is unecessary and literally adds nothing to the story.

Why is Sophie's clumsiness enough to be able to literally pierce through enemy's armor?!

In the S-Support with the Hoshido siblings, it is said that Mikoto wrote a letter to each of them about Corrin not actually being blood-related to them because she can predict the future. In other words... She knew she was going to die and did nothing to try to prevent it, otherwise she could have just told them herself and wouldn't actually need the letter.

Why are Lazward, Odin and Luna working for Nohr?

And then there are characters that I thought I'd dislike, but was pleasantly surprised. (Plot spoilers for Birthright's chapter 12)

The Awakening Expies (Matoi, Shara and Grey) took what I disliked about them and removed it (Except Grey. I already liked Gaius, but they made him even better). Matoi is Cordelia without the Chrom obsession. Shara is Tharja without the abuse. and Grey is Gaius but... more mature/responsible/honorable?

Takumi. I thought he would just be a prick, but his distrust was justified (his distrust of Corrin was already justified, but not Azura's. I thought she would just help behind the scenes in the Nohr route, not actually betray Hoshido, so the fact that he could predict that made me like him a little more. He's also surprisingly nice in his supports, and he does try to trust others and was enraged when Zoura died by Garon's hand despite the fact that he betrayed them just a few moments before).

I thought Oboro was just going to be Cordelia 2.0 with anger issues, but most of the time her crush on Takumi isn't even mentioned and she can not only tolerate Nohrians working alongside her, but actively tries to befriend them, as was shown in her supports with Zero.

I thought Charlotte was just going to be a manipulative bitch, but she can be surprisingly nice and her supports with Marx imply that another reason for her façade is because she genuinely has trouble opening up to others.

Severa was my least favorite character in Awakening, but she was handled surprisingly well here.

Edit: I'm surprised at how long this is. This is really disappointing.

Edit 2: Added spoiler comments because minischew was accidentally spoiled. I'm really sorry about this. If someone who knows the plot could read this and say if I forgot to say if something is a spoiler so this won't happen again, it would be appreciated. (I also added Siegbert to the list)

Edited by Luankachu

The Odin, Luna, and Lazwald just dropped in suddenly one day in Nohr and the siblings took them in as their servants. It was either that or execution I don't remember for sure why.

Its less naive and more Xander having some futile belief in his father since he's been raised to see his word as Law and also remembers the loving father he used to be, and that in the end he pretty much wants to be killed by Kamui after killing Elise. I was more insulted by Kamui's statement that he was no longer the person they knew when this is pretty much in character for him. It literally takes Garon saying he'll destroy the world on IK and Slimedads appearance on Nohr to have him turn against Garon.

Edited by JupiterKnight

The Odin, Luna, and Lazwald just dropped in suddenly one day in Nohr and the siblings took them in as their servants. It was either that or execution I don't remember for sure why.

I know that, but they don't even try to secretly end Garon's corruption or expose his secrets. They just stay there, following the Nohr Siblings' every other without bothering to try to make a change, even though some of their supports imply that they were aware of Anankos' threat.

Probably because they don't think it's their place to intervene. This isn't their world and the Lords they serve are not likely to agree to their words or actions, not to mention most of Nohr. The three also come to care about the Nohr siblings so they'd rather stay by their side than fight them. Being from a crappy future where they lost many people they care about would make them unwilling to kill people they've grown close to.

Azura

Claims to love Hoshido. Backstabs them the first chance she gets in the Nohr Route.

This is incorrect. She is shocked if Corrin chooses Nohr and does not immediately join. She comes under fire for being a Nohrian as well back in Hoshido and is forced to leave despite the efforts of the Hoshido siblings trying to protect her. The threats towards her start becoming worse after Mokoto bites it.

Edited by Iron Griffin

Probably because they don't think it's their place to intervene. This isn't their world and the Lords they serve are not likely to agree to their words or actions, not to mention most of Nohr. The three also come to care about the Nohr siblings so they'd rather stay by their side than fight them. Being from a crappy future where they lost many people they care about would make them unwilling to kill people they've grown close to.

Their supports also say that they only intended on eliminating the threat and then returning to the Awakening World, and as I said, they can still do things secretly, behind their backs or before they got attached to them in the first place. Though I guess that with the announcement of a new DLC that shows them in their Awakening costumes, my questions will be answered when it's released.

This is incorrect. She is shocked if Corrin chooses Nohr and does not immediately join. She comes under fire for being a Nohrian as well back in Hoshido and is forced to leave despite the efforts of the Hoshido siblings trying to protect her. The threats towards her start becoming worse after Mokoto bites it.

I just rewatched the chapter she joins. You can control her before even talking with her and Corrin's first words towards her is "why are you in Nohr and why are you targeting Hoshidan soldiers." While she does claim that she was captured by Hoshidan troops, she also says that Ryoma and the others tried to protect her. That kind of stunt could have gotten the Hoshidan troops executed for betrayal and not following orders, She could have returned to Hoshido, waited for things to cool down and prove her loyalty instead of siding with Nohr and proving that Takumi was right in distrusting her. In his supports with Hinoka, Saizou of all people is thought to be a traitor, but the issue was easily solved. The same could be done with Azura.

I just rewatched the chapter she joins. You can control her before even talking with her and Corrin's first words towards her is "why are you in Nohr and why are you targeting Hoshidan soldiers." While she does claim that she was captured by Hoshidan troops, she also says that Ryoma and the others tried to protect her. That kind of stunt could have gotten the Hoshidan troops executed for betrayal and not following orders, She could have returned to Hoshido, waited for things to cool down and prove her loyalty instead of siding with Nohr and proving that Takumi was right in distrusting her. In his supports with Hinoka, Saizou of all people is thought to be a traitor, but the issue was easily solved. The same could be done with Azura.

Just sounds like more of IS's stellar writing for this route to be honest. Everyone's motivations and actions are all over the damn place so much so that there was a whole thread dedicated to it. Alot of folks have been speculating that IS had a bias in how they handled both sides and since Hoshido is based on feudal Japan and is a "perfect paradise" while Nohr is a toilet bowl for example.... :/

Edited by Iron Griffin

• Xander

"There's no evil in father's actions". He's too naïve. Not only that, but he keeps on fighting even after he FUCKING KILLED ELISE! Thus making her sacrifice meaningless

...This is my fault for not actually expecting a spoiler beneath the spoiler tag.

But here I am, crying over this spoiler. I know this is a bit selfish to ask, but could you guys differentiate between what's a spoiler and what's simply an expansion of your thoughts?

Edited by Minischew

• Xander

</p>

Finally someone who understands! I really don't hate him but those are the exact reasons why Marxander is my least favourite character.

Originally, I intended on avoiding this thread so the negativity wouldn't affect me, but I changed my mind.

• Xander

Er, I'm not sure about this one. After he killed Elise, it says that he refuses to attack the Avatar, and he has no desire whatsoever to fight anymore. I read that on the wiki so I'm not 100% sure, and if you are right I apologize.

Although I don't like Xander either, something about him bothers me that I can't quite place my finger on.

Although I don't like Xander either, something about him bothers me that I can't quite place my finger on.

I know what you mean (potential spoilers):

I don't dislike him really, mostly because his supports are actually pretty darn solid - he and Charlotte of all people have one of the most natural romantic supports in the game, as far as the whole proposing on the spot at S rank goes anyway.

That said, his role in the game feels...off. He's blind in his loyalty to Nohr and his father, which we can assume guides his actions, but it's never expanded upon, meaning that we know he's a good guy who still keeps doing wrong for seemingly almost no reason at all. In the Nohr route he's constantly trying to limit casualties - just like every Fire Emblem character ever would - but then something always happens that forces him to just accept it without offering any real resistance. This guy is supposed to be the strongest knight in Nohr and a badass older brother, and he's a spineless idiot in Conquest, which is supposed to be all about the Nohrian family.

If they had expanded upon his thoughts and motivations a bit, and showed him to be a tad more efficient, he would've come across as a much more solid character.

At least, that's what I think, but like you said, it's hard to put a finger on what exactly feels wrong with him. He's been bothering me for a while now because of it.

Heh, and then there's the third path, of course (gameplay spoilers mostly):

Chapter 14:

Leo: Bro, dad's like, laughing like a maniac and is frozen like a statue. Maybe Kamui was right?

Xander: How DARE you even think about that?! Are you a traitor too?!

Fast forward to chapter 17 without seeing the Nohrian brothers.

Xander: 'Sup, we're here to save you and kill all these Nohrian troops.

Edited by Thane

I believe he's second in the (very unofficial) character favorite poll on this thread, so there's that. I find Takumi and Leo to be the best written siblings by far, but naturally I won't spoil anything.

He's 3rd in the "route exclusive male" poll; Marxander edged him out (Leon is #1 overall). Overall it goes: #3 Takumi/Sylas/Aqua/Camilla/Kanna, 56 votes, Marxander, 57 votes, and Leon, 68 votes.

• Xander

From what I've read, he only attacks Kamui when the player initiates the fight; he's inactive on the enemy phase.

Solely based on appearance and the general description of their personality ( I tend to avoid to spoil myself the support convos ), I dislike Mitama. There's just something about her that irks me. I don't hold dear Hinata and Hisame for the same reasons. My opinions will probably change once I get my hands on the game though.

Has anyone done a poll to see who are the most disliked characters in the game? It would be fun to compare it to the favorite character poll!

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention my hatred for Siegbert's face and my dislike for his personality. Too bad he's gonna be my son.

Edited by Joker with Glasses

Solely based on appearance and the general description of their personality ( I tend to avoid to spoil myself the support convos ), I dislike Mitama. There's just something about her that irks me. I don't hold dear Hinata and Hisame for the same reasons. My opinions will probably change once I get my hands on the game though.

Has anyone done a poll to see who are the most disliked characters in the game? It would be fun to compare it to the favorite character poll!

As far as I see, no one has made one yet. Do you want me to make one to supersede this thread? I have a feeling the poll will turn into the new character hating post, so I can highlight some of the arguments brought up here so that the discussion won't be repetitive.

Edited by Minischew

As far as I see, no one has made one yet. Do you want me to make one to supersede this thread? I have a feeling the poll will turn into the new character hating post, so I can highlight some of the arguments brought up here so that the discussion won't be repetitive.

I'm sure you can just edit a poll into the OP though