Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

Eh, I'll be happily waiting to see Aqua called a base breaker.

Least favorite male shared character.

Eh, I should be petty and vote Asura, cuz I killed him the first time and was too tired to care, but I'll vote for Sylas. I don't really dislike him, but geez, what he is doing here ?

Least favorite female shared character

A close call between Aqua and Felicia. I'll vote for Aqua because of her status as a walking plot device that I have to constantly tolerate, as well as being the forced waifu.

Least favorite male Hoshi/Nohr

I decided to vote Marx, Tsukuyomi (dat voice though) and Ryouma, just for the whole lot of BS they pull ouf of their asses.

Least favorite female Hoshi/Nohr

Crimson and Fiora. Don't tell me to feel bad for you two. I'm mixed between Camilla and Luna, but I'll choose Luna because Tsundere. Though she seem less tsun than in FEA.

The extreme dislike I have fo Tsundere is superior to my dislike for the ms fanservice onee-chan who seem to constantly starve for her baby brother.... Weird.

The children. Ah ah, too much to dislike, only three vote. :p

Bah, tell you what, more or less at random, Soleil. Kanna F and Syalla.

Edited by B.Leu

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Design wise, I just find it hard to look at Soleil, as she is literally pink, long hair placed on Inigo's head. She doesn't look feminine at all, I'm not saying she has to, I just think it would be nicer if she resembled a woman a bit more in appearance, other than hair colour.

THIS. Not that many people talk about this, but I thought Soleil was a man for so long, because it was literally Inigo's head with long hair. And now with the pink, I can't even look at her seriously. I really liked Inigo, but I want to totally skip his daughter. I wish she did have a bit more feminine features as well, just aesthetically.

Otherwise, I don't think I HATE any character-though some annoy me slightly more than others (the children clones-aside from Matoi-Who doesn't look identical, and if Luna is her mother at least makes SENSE as to why she looks like that).

Geez these forums are really just fuming with negativity not really feeling it with this fanbase. Its like I stepped into MyAnimeList again. :P

tbh this topic is moronic *inb4 a mod adds more negavite points lulz*

It's also called "Character Hate Thread", so people who don't want to deal with negativity aren't exactly lured here with promises of candy and kittens.

People HATE Shara and Azura? Wtf

People have different opinions on what attracts or repels them about a character. Some times is because they are connected to basebreakers like Tharja(Shara obviously) or just they are hating on something because it is popular. Some just don't like the idea that other people like certain characters more than ones they like. It can also be gameplay or perhaps their place in the narrative.

The three kids from Awakening and Lucina.are example of backlash due to popularity while the villains are an example of poor use in the game's story since they were so one dimensional.

Edited by Iron Griffin

A mod already visited here, lmao. I think the mods are smart enough to recognize that I'm not making a troll thread but instead trying to dissipate some of the tension in other threads.

Stop coming in here to whine about characters being hated when that's clearly the point of the thread. It's annoying.

Edited by Minischew

Oh, just noticed the poll. Welp, here's muh votes.

Shared male - Izana (sorry dude, don't seem that interesting)

Shared female - Felicia

Male - Tsukuyomi, Yukimura

Female - Pieri (and Camilla but I dont' say I hate her, just find her overrated)

Child - Syalla, Gurei, Soleil

tbh I don't really hate many characters yet so

shared male: have to vote someone, and izana is weird looking

shared female: honestly I like all of them a lot but felicia's japanese voice gets annoying, so I guess I'll go with her

male: Tsukuyomi can die

female: I just realized that I don't actually hate any of the females at all. But I had to vote someone, so I went with charlotte because that's the same name as my sister

child: Shara because tharja but she's actually getting a bit better to me through reading some of her supports, and Soleil for being so well designed yet so annoying

People have different opinions on what attracts or repels them about a character. Some times is because they are connected to basebreakers like Tharja(Shara obviously) or just they are hating on something because it is popular. Some just don't like the idea that other people like certain characters more than ones they like. It can also be gameplay or perhaps their place in the narrative.

The three kids from Awakening and Lucina.are example of backlash due to popularity while the villains are an example of poor use in the game's story since they were so one dimensional.

Apparently. Hate for hates sake.

As a unit, my Shara is fantastic. Also, I poured everything good in to my Dia And now he's a stupidly good Butler that manhandles anything that comes his way. Dunno if there's any hate for him but.

Apparently. Hate for hates sake.

I think the title's a bit misleading; most people here aren't hateful at all, but just talk about characters that they don't like or just irk them. The poll's questions are more neutrally phrased.

Also, you wondered about Azura earlier, and I can tell you that I voted on her because she doesn't even feel like a character, but more like a walking plot device the game itself tends to forget until it's in need of exposition. I wouldn't necessarily call that hate.

Edited by Thane

Shared male: Probably Izana. Izana's "goofball with divine appearance" doesn't do anything for me.

Shared female: Felicia. Clumsy moe girl with high pitched voiced is rather annoying.

Males: Tsukuyomi for being an arrogant child, Zero for being a dick and Marx for his unwavering stubbornness in both routes.

Females: Pieri for being psycho. I don't particularly dislike any Hoshidan females.

Children: (So many to choose) Hisame for being boring and a class I already have a ton of, Grey for being candyman expy of a class I already have a ton of, and Soleil for being FemInigo and being a bait-and-switch lesbian (although this is more the fault of the developers than the character herself)

Edit: I should probably make Kamui my least favorite male/female character. Do Mamui and Femui behave differently?

Edited by NekoKnight

Izana just creeps me out. I get what they were going for, some sort of person who is so beautiful as to be ephemeral, but I think they did a bit too good of a job doing that. I'll abstain from least favourite shared female, since there's not too much of a choice.

I'm not big on Hinata but mostly because I don't like him as a unit. Takumi and Zero are kind of annoying to me in their own ways.

Rinkah... is extremely underwhelming to me and completely failed to meet my expectations, both as a unit and as a character, so while she's not quite my least favourite, she deserves a mention as the most disappointing. Camilla takes the title of my least favourite woman of all of them though. They took a workable concept (seductive vamp) and didn't bother to make it work. In her supports and interactions with Avatar she consistently comes across to me as creepy instead of sexy. It reeks of 'trying too hard' and ends up having the opposite effect.

For kids, Soleil is a character whose design I like but whose supports I hate. The Hoshidan kids all bore me to tears - their designs just feel so uninspired compared to their Nohr counterparts. Inserts from Awakening don't have any excuse to be there, Hisame and Kisaragi aren't interesting and Mitama just weirds me out. The only ones who I really like are Kinu and maybe Shinonome. And I guess Matoidelia's design still holds up alright.

Neutral:

Kamui: He is a naive moron that has no concept of logic and for some reason everyone wants to lick his boots. Wait! He goes around barefoot! Add that his design looks silly and the male sprite looks rushed. What is his purpose for joining Nohr? To get into Camilla's boobs? That is a more logical excuse than the one this game gives. "Oh no, Daddy monster face tried to kill me like Uriah the Hitite. Nah, he was just playing old silly." And who the hell though calling him Corrin was a good idea? He sounds like that stupid cat from DBZ!

Silas: Why is he here? What purpose does he serve to Kamui? Lick his feet? Camilla and Joker already do that. Why does he even join in Hoshido? Generic Hero #676 does't even remembers him.

Joker: He is a jerk. Nothing else.

Izana: Who came up with this?!

Aqua: She is a plot device, not a character.

Hoshido:

Tsukuyomi: I hated Ricken and this guy is not only is a clone of him, but he is a huge asshole.

Hinata/Rinkah: Their stats suck.

Nohr:

Pieri: She is not funny, and her voice it's just as earsplitting as Felicia's.

Kids:

Too easy. Everyone who is not Kinu or Velour, all of the kids are pointless. But to be specific:

Grey: Shameless Gaius clone and yet another damn ninja that is totally worthless.

Lutz: And I thought Nowi's suit looked stupid. Added that he is filler.

Soleil/Eponine: Both do nothing but talk about how obviously homosexual they are, and Soleil in particular is as annoying as Jar Jar Binks.

Foleo: WHO CAME UP WITH THIS?! I really hate the bishonen trope, and most people in Hoshido either looks like a woman or has a girl's name, but this guy just takes it to other level. He looks more girly than Lucius. How come this is this the kid of Light Yagami, I mean, Leon?

Shara: Pointless Tharja clone. Not that I hate the original Tharja.

I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion but Kanna (both genders) just pisses me off, I don't know why but whenever I hear their voice I feel like my ears are about to bleed. That and (s)he just seems extremely childish. Their entire parent supports revolves around "I found pretty flower I hope mommy/daddy likes it uguu~". Shouldn't you stop doing that kind of thing once you turn like 7.

Also Tsukiyomi (not sure if I spelled that right) is just an arrogant little asshole. Unlike Ricken who was actually likeable in some way, shape or form, Tsukiyomi (again not sure if that's right) is just so unlikeable. It doesn't help that his daughter is a carbon copy of abusive, stalker Tharja.

I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion but Kanna (both genders) just pisses me off, I don't know why but whenever I hear their voice I feel like my ears are about to bleed. That and (s)he just seems extremely childish. Their entire parent supports revolves around "I found pretty flower I hope mommy/daddy likes it uguu~". Shouldn't you stop doing that kind of thing once you turn like 7.

It's not really that much of a justification, but if it makes it any better, you can assume that they didn't mentally age because of being abandoned. It doesn't work that well since some characters did end up maturing, but it's reasonably difficult for a child to mature properly when their parents ditch them in a random universe and try to boil them to a teenager.

Edited by Minischew

Is it just me or is Pieri the kind of lass who rides the short horse into the battle field? Anyways this cotton candy haired bastard gets my vote for her cruelty and madness being played for laughs and her obnoxious voice.

Shara: Tharja clones......pointless and I have a feeling this is just the beginning of a greater nightmare.

Felicia: I don't hate here but her clumsiness is played up way too often in way too many supports and I'm sorry but her voice is a bit grating along with her moe blob routine.

Tsukuyomi: This guy can go bend over for a moose. An arrogant little twerp. :P

Camilla: Kamui this and Kamui that! Her obsession is really unsettling and is comes up way to damn often in a number of supports. A terrible waifu.

Jakob: Hate to admit it he is well...kind of a prick.

Soleil: Has a single character trait that she never shuts up about and her creepy supports with her mother.

Luna: I really do not like tsunderes and Luna/

Severa

is no exception to this especially since she is a walking cliche of this archetype.

Kind of related to this thread, since it's related to Tsukuyomi and a quarter of the people here seem to dislike him:

Am I the only one who finds it really awkward that in one of his critical quotes, Tsukuyomi opens his mouth wide and lets out a Tharja-esque laughter instead of... idk, a loud one? It's all muffled like "afufufufu" but he has his mouth wide open, and it just bothers me so much.

I honestly can't say I hate any characters in this game, but there are definitely some that I have not warmed up to yet ; u ;

The ones I voted for,

Gunter: I kind of like him, he's just my least favorite out of the bunch and I haven't used him much.

Mozume: Okay, so she's probably the ONE and ONLY character in FE:If that I actually don't like even a little bit ??

I just don't see the appeal in her personality, design, or anything ; A ;

but that's just my personal opinion, I know there are a ton of people out there who like her...

I haven't used her at all in any of my playthroughs though ~

Arthur: another character I instantly benched, I don't hate him and he's quite funny, I just really don't like his character design. Not a huge fan of Lutz either, so I have no motivation to use him at all ~

Zero: not a fan of sadists or his design, which is a shame because I love eyepatch characters and the outlaw class outfit so much sobs

Flora: to be honest, I love her design and liked her a lot more than Felicia prior to playing the game; but afterwards, I just really dislike her personality. It's a bit standoffish and my Kamui refuses to fully trust her. Won't stop me from using her a lot though, because BLUE hair and MAID class !! (人´∀`*)

Foleo: I just...don't even. He's what's making me hesitate with marrying Leon for my IK run though ~

With all that said though, I don't hate any of the characters above, they just happened to be the ones that I will forever bench (except for Flora) and are my least favorites. Mozume being at the very very bottom of that list.

Shared male: Male Kamui

Shared female: Azura

Male exclusive: Zero

Female exclusive: Camilla (I like her fine but she's my least favorite of that bunch)

Children: Soleil, Syalla, Foleo

Not so much hate as dislike/disinterest on my part.

For the shared guys, as amusing as he can be, Joker is an incredible jerk. I still like him, but out of all the other shared route characters he's the one who I guess I would mind losing the least. I don't like Dia/Deere that much either; his personality doesn't appeal to me. His Sophie support is cute but otherwise, I don't like him all that much. So out of the maids/butlers, Joker is the one who I care the least about, which is a shame since I do plan on playing as F!Kamui the first few times.

For the girls, I love all of them. Just have to go with Mozume- who is a terror to translate, but I do have to say I still vastly prefer translating her over Odin. It's kind of a shame how many of her supports have her 'regressing' after having gained confidence if you do them in a certain order (like getting her to A with someone and then starting her C with Joker or something) but that's not a problem that's specific to her. It's just a lot more prominent.

For exclusive guys, Hinata, Tsukuyomi, and Flannel. Flannel's cute but I don't really get his appeal. Will probably bench him for good once I get Velour. As for Hinata and Tsukuyomi, I just don't know that much about them. Ricken was grating in Awakening but I like Syalla so there's that. And I heard that VALSHE is voicing him? Maybe that redeems him somewhat. As for Hinata, I don't really like him or Hisame. So far I only really like his supports with Oboro. And for Hisame, meh. Haven't seen much of his supports. Don't really know what kind of personality he has aside from the Nah parallels. Didn't like Nah's personality very much either. So.

For the exclusive girls, Belka and Rinka are incredibly bland. I honestly can't distinguish between their personalities. Pieri's not all that interesting either. I don't know what else to say, I just really don't like them that much.

And for the kids, I have to say that I don't really care about Foleo one way or the other. Sure he's a nice character but I prefer other kids to him. Leon is also the royal I care about the least (but that said, the royals are some of my favorite characters so he's still in the top 10 or so) so I'm not all that excited to get Foleo as a son. At least his Midoriko support is cute.

((Lol. Tsukuyomi's one of the only things that made me look forward to doing a Hoshido run XD.. I'm surprised so many people actually dislike him so much...))

Shared Male:

Asyura- Everything about him, his design, his voice, his bio, EVERYTHING... He's just so nondescript to me, just his design alone screams generic map boss to me. That and I happen to be disinterested in most of the Kamui-sexual characters (only exception = Flora)

Shared Female:

Azura/Aqua: In my honest opinion, she just feels so.. misplaced. I felt that her role was extremely mediocre and just uninspired. I also couldn't take a liking to any support of hers, or other in-game dialogue for her. I would've preferred to have other characters get the screen-time she got..

Hoshidan/Nohrian Males: Yukimura, Benoit, and Asama- the three men whose personalities were the most unenjoyable for me, and these three also felt to be the most bland in terms of design and dialogue. If I were to give up any of my male units these would probably be the three for me. (And again, Yukimura being Kamui-sexual does not help...)

Hoshidan/Nohrian Females: Okay, now these three characters I picked I have more of a dislike towards rather than being indifferent or annoyed with.. First off, is Sakura- for me I already had a bad first impression of her before the game was released, I thought of her as having the generic design and a grating voice. After the game was released, I retained that feeling and she's just an entirely hollow character- unfortunate because I was hoping my opinion on her would change after seeing her dialogue, but she's just a character who is too easily read. Setsuna for me, just gets on my nerves- I often feel as though she's just extra baggage for the Hoshido route who has little to no personality whatsoever, her stat growths, design, and overall character will make her one of the many benchwarmers I have marked for Hoshido. >:3 Lastly is Luna, sorry, she's an example of the one-dimensional tsundere trope I strongly dislike- the only reason I have to dislike her is her personality, I've felt this way about Severa- but Luna takes it to a whole new level, I can easily say that she's my least favorite character in the game, and I will not hesitate to kill her off rather than leave her as an extra unit.

Child Characters: Midoriko- it seems like I'm in the minority once again when it comes to opinions when I say that she's one of the child characters I probably have the least regards towards. She just strikes me as the cute loli who likes to do nice things for people, and that really isn't my thing... Mitama, like her father, is just boring for me in terms of character. Sure, she likes haiku, but that's the only thing I really feel from her character- I feel as though it's just overplayed.. -.- Lastly, my very least favorite child character is Soleil- for reasons that should probably already be apparent enough, so I won't even go into it...

Child Characters: Midoriko- it seems like I'm in the minority once again when it comes to opinions when I say that she's one of the child characters I probably have the least regards towards. She just strikes me as the cute loli who likes to do nice things for people, and that really isn't my thing...

I think that puts you in the majority.

I swear the developers had a list of popular fetishes and just picked the ones they were likely to get away with. As much as I like Velour for whatever reason, I know she's furry bait.