Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really that much of a justification, but if it makes it any better, you can assume that they didn't mentally age because of being abandoned. It doesn't work that well since some characters did end up maturing, but it's reasonably difficult for a child to mature properly when their parents ditch them in a random universe and try to boil them to a teenager.

I suppose that could be a valid explanation of their immaturity. But still I just don't like them I feel like IS tried waaay to hard to make them cute and while it works on some people, I just don't like characters who act younger than they really are, it just... Annoys me and I don't know why, but still if other people find it cute then they can go ahead, I actually think Kanna's a bit adorable design-wise.

Felicia is the worst thing ever.

That is all.

For being a walking cliché or for having an earpiercing voice?

I think that puts you in the majority.

I swear the developers had a list of popular fetishes and just picked the ones they were likely to get away with. As much as I like Velour for whatever reason, I know she's furry bait.

Furbait because she's a demi-human like the laguz or do her supports make her act more animalistic?

I think that puts you in the majority.

I swear the developers had a list of popular fetishes and just picked the ones they were likely to get away with. As much as I like Velour for whatever reason, I know she's furry bait.

I wouldn't doubt that the developers' intention was to pander to these fetishes...but thanks to the goddamn otakus, at this point it's impossible for a dude to even like cute female children characters, demi-human characters, etc. in a Japanese game without being accused of said fetishes. Seriously fuck that. The fact that the game lets you marry them just makes it 10x worse.

Furbait because she's a demi-human like the laguz or do her supports make her act more animalistic?

Both. Her amie interactions are also a bit on the "furbait" side. For example, she offers to lick Kamui's face in return. I also don't like her gimmick of collecting old crap, since it makes her feel like a dog, but at least Flannel does it too (I mean, I'm not exactly proving a point here, but at least she's not alone in doing it.)

Why do I still like her so much?! Maybe because her design is awesome, she's got a normal voice for a female Japanese video game character and aside from her animal appendages, she's not sexualized at all.

I wouldn't doubt that the developers' intention was to pander to these fetishes...but thanks to the goddamn otakus, at this point it's impossible for a dude to even like cute female children characters, demi-human characters, etc. in a Japanese game without being accused of said fetishes. Seriously fuck that. The fact that the game lets you marry them just makes it 10x worse.

Hey, I love cute shit; I've got a Lissa keychain!

I tend to be uncharacteristically fond of either cute designs, voices or personalities in gaming and more accepting of the flaws of those characters. That being said, the cuteness of some characters in Fates is pretty much their only character trait; Elise, Sakura and Midoriko feel rather...hollow, and I can't shake the feeling they're there for the player to be able to choose between different lolies. The difference between Morgan and Kanna is also pretty clear, since Kanna seems to be designed around the concept of being cute, whereas Morgan was designed to be goofy and carefree and was cute as a result.

Some fan service and pandering are to be expected in a game like this, but they went completely overboard; this has already been discussed to death, but like I said, it feels like some characters are ONLY there to satisfy a certain demographic and various fetishes. Camilla, for instance, whose support with Kamui I just read, is mostly known and liked for her design and not her personality - a personality I find absolutely revolting and makes me super uncomfortable - but even then there are those who love the idea of being unconditionally and constantly showered with affection.

People are, of course, free to enjoy whatever they want and I won't judge them; we all have our preferences regarding a lot of things, so I think it's rather tame if someone has a few of his or her fantasies fulfilled in a video game, but when that affects the story and cast as a whole, then I get annoyed.

Both. Her amie interactions are also a bit on the "furbait" side. For example, she offers to lick Kamui's face in return. I also don't like her gimmick of collecting old crap, since it makes her feel like a dog, but at least Flannel does it too (I mean, I'm not exactly proving a point here, but at least she's not alone in doing it.)

Why do I still like her so much?! Maybe because her design is awesome, she's got a normal voice for a female Japanese video game character and aside from her animal appendages, she's not sexualized at all.

Hey, I love cute shit; I've got a Lissa keychain!

Not sure if I should be dissapointed or jealous.

Y'know, it doesn't show a good image of the game. One of the best waifu is an long-lived, fun-loving furrybait. :p

I don't know where to join in on this conversation, but I really dislike most of the annoying anime tropes; loli's, oversexualize, ditzy females, marriage. Just the lot of it. I just can't take the characters or their supports seriously anymore.

You'll love Luna then.

Well, this is surprising. Joker's the least favorite male shared character. With all the popularity he's gotten, I wasn't expecting him to be so disliked too.

I don't hate any of the characters, just 'meh' about some of them. The only characters I come closest to hating is Macbeth and Gantz, but they are such generic villains that I could care less.

I put Kamui as my least favorite shared character, mostly because they lack common sense (then again lots of characters in the game lacks this) and they are the main character, so you have to see them in EVERY chapter of the game. Azura's close though. I don't dislike them, just in disbelief about how much common sense they lack sometimes. ( and who the heck decided that putting Kamui, who's one of the most naive protagonists of all time, as commander of the main army in the war was a good idea?)

I don't care much for Camilla. The doting on Kamui is cute and all, but she takes an unhealthy obsession about it and many of her supports involves it. I like her design (except for the battle panties) and class though. Axes and magic with undead wyverns makes a great class.

Not surprised Pieri doesn't seem liked much, but I thought her backstory was interesting, and her character wasn't as bad as I initially thought after reading her supports.

And Crimson is getting quite a bit of dislike too. I find her to be pretty 'meh' but she's interesting for being like the only playable Nohrian rebel but that's about it. I don't find her support with Kamui that appealing. The fact that she can only support Kamui doesn't do her any favors.

Jakob is first probably cuz of his whole "Fuck you, not-Kamui-sama." gimmick.

Nope. It's the whole "I must force my son to fight me because I'm confident I can beat him so I can prove that I'm at least superior than him in one aspect" from his child supports.

I dont hate any of them, but im not huge on Silas simply because hes not as colorful as the other shared dudes. Mozume really doesnt do it for me too much, but i havent really read her supports. Luna is the only Nohrian i do not care for. Gurei is just Gaius. Tsukuyomi has not grown on me.

>suggesting that animal appendages are sexual

Y'know Thane, it's okay if you have something to confess. We're all friends here.

Her design is and class is pretty cool though. She's probably going to be one of the priority children to get when I play Nohr or the 3rd route.

I tend to be uncharacteristically fond of either cute designs, voices or personalities in gaming and more accepting of the flaws of those characters. That being said, the cuteness of some characters in Fates is pretty much their only character trait; Elise, Sakura and Midoriko feel rather...hollow, and I can't shake the feeling they're there for the player to be able to choose between different lolies. The difference between Morgan and Kanna is also pretty clear, since Kanna seems to be designed around the concept of being cute, whereas Morgan was designed to be goofy and carefree and was cute as a result.

Some fan service and pandering are to be expected in a game like this, but they went completely overboard; this has already been discussed to death, but like I said, it feels like some characters are ONLY there to satisfy a certain demographic and various fetishes. Camilla, for instance, whose support with Kamui I just read, is mostly known and liked for her design and not her personality - a personality I find absolutely revolting and makes me super uncomfortable - but even then there are those who love the idea of being unconditionally and constantly showered with affection.

People are, of course, free to enjoy whatever they want and I won't judge them; we all have our preferences regarding a lot of things, so I think it's rather tame if someone has a few of his or her fantasies fulfilled in a video game, but when that affects the story and cast as a whole, then I get annoyed.

Good points on the characters. This is why I liked Morgan and felt like she could really be the child of the Avatar as opposed to Kanna who is just... generic cute child. A lot of characters are just a single gimmick discussed ad nauseam. I was reading through the Gerrick, Tethys and Marissa supports and these actually feel like real people.

I'm kinda surprised by all the Tsukuyomi hate?

Tbh, not a lot of the characters get very strong feelings from me. Something Awakening and Fates seem to like to do is making characters almost literally one-dimensional -- that is, they have exactly 1 character trait, and the rest of their character is generic.

The exception would seem to be characters like Joker, who is an asshole anyway. Eh.

Recap of current poll results:

Most Disliked Shared Male

1. Joker

2. Gunter

3. Izana

Most Disliked Shared Female

1. Felicia

2. Azura

3. Mozume

Most Disliked Hoshidan/Nohr Male

1. Tsukuyomi

2. Hinata

3. Zero

Most Disliked Hoshido/Nohr Female

1. Pieri

2. Luna

3. Camilla

Most Disliked Child

1. Syalla

2. Soleil

3. Gurei

I wonder which characters are most/least popular in the Japanese fandom. We need to know which 6 characters will be showing up in FE15

Recap of current poll results:

Most Disliked Shared Male

1. Joker

2. Gunter

3. Izana

Most Disliked Shared Female

1. Felicia

2. Azura

3. Mozume

Most Disliked Hoshidan/Nohr Male

1. Tsukuyomi

2. Hinata

3. Zero

Most Disliked Hoshido/Nohr Female

1. Pieri

2. Luna

3. Camilla

Most Disliked Child

1. Syalla

2. Soleil

3. Gurei

I wonder which characters are most/least popular in the Japanese fandom. We need to know which 6 characters will be showing up in FE15

I want three of them to be Luna, Lazward, and Odin, so that we can make a running joke about how the kids go around jumping into random universes.

I want three of them to be Luna, Lazward, and Odin, so that we can make a running joke about how the kids go around jumping into random universes.

No, no, no. It will be the children characters. People will think they look like Cordelia, Tharja and Gaius but a plotwist will reveal that they are actually Matoi, Syalla and Gurei who traveled through the outrealm gate!

The 6 next most popular characters from Awakening. It won't stop until all of them have appeared in a game.

It won't stop until Fire Emblem X is literally the cast of Awakening. Everyone will have identical outfits and wear groucho glasses.

I need to commission someone to draw Marx with groucho glasses next to masked Camus.

Edited by NekoKnight

I feel like I still don't know all the characters that well. Haven't watched enough translations of the game haha. Usually I like most of the characters, so I'm sure I'll end up liking most of the ones I don't know about or be neutral about them. The only ones I really DON'T like would have to be Pieri and Charlotte. Then for the kids, Shara and Foleo. Eponine kind of rubs me the wrong way, too. I'm in a love/hate relationship with Zero and Takumi. Everyone else, I either love, am neutral about, or am withholding judgment until I know more.

Honestly though, the sheer number of characters is staggering to me. I applaud Nintendo for coming up with that many designs and personalities.