Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

I don't understand the izana hate .This guy is just a story-telling tool , supposed to get nobody care...

I agree. I'm not one to judge people's tastes, but why all the Izana hate?

He's a genuinely nice guy and I find it terrible that he's getting this much hate for seemingly no reason. Even though I'm a Jakob fan, I can see why people would dislike him, but Izana? Really?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that were the case, Azura would have zero fans.

It's kinda safe to assume that Azura is basically kinda like Lucina in terms of a majority of fans pairing MaMU with her.

I don't know bout Izana though. Is it perhaps that his serious look just doesn't match his youthful personality?

It's kinda safe to assume that Azura is basically kinda like Lucina in terms of a majority of fans pairing MaMU with her.

I don't know bout Izana though. Is it perhaps that his serious look just doesn't match his youthful personality?

Oh sure, but I meant that if people dislike Izana for being a "story-telling tool", then Azuna would be the most hated character in the game, being a walking deus ex machina/plot device.

I think people voted on Izana simply because of his small role in the game, or that they liked him the least out of the shared male characters. I hardly think people actively dislike him much.

Pretty sure Crimson being the 2nd most hated female is probably from the fact she dies after two chapters in IK, the fact her romantic supports are basically the same thing (decorations blah blah blah), and her looks.... also, because she's a Kamuisexual?

Oh sure, but I meant that if people dislike Izana for being a "story-telling tool", then Azuna would be the most hated character in the game, being a walking deus ex machina/plot device.

I think people voted on Izana simply because of his small role in the game, or that they liked him the least out of the shared male characters. I hardly think people actively dislike him much.

This pretty much. Nothing offensive but nothing to stand out. Gunter and Ashura probably get most of their dislike simply for a lack of supports. Joker is the only shared male character people actively dislike for his character.

I think the only reason more people don't vote for Kamui is because they just think of him as a viewpoint character and that any of his faults or blandness is the fault of the game's writing as a whole and not Kamui personally.

Pretty sure Crimson being the 2nd most hated female is probably from the fact she dies after two chapters in IK, the fact her romantic supports are basically the same thing (decorations blah blah blah), and her looks.... also, because she's a Kamuisexual?

Well those reasons don't help any but yeah I am pretty salty over the writing for her supports apparently though the supports with F!Kamui is much better than the one with M!Kamui and really after reading the latter that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Responding to this as well.

I doubt that is the entire reason for a character's popularity. Hell it could be little things like the design that might tickle a person's fancy. Not to mention some have jumped ship....

Once it was revealed they are cousins

Also I don't think the RobinXLucina crowd is THAT big to skyrocket a character to the top of the official polls considering she has other ships in the yard as well. The shipping wars I have witnessed are evidence enough of this. Also as mentioned above there are other factors involved too.

As for Izana the reason might be that the poor fellow just doesn't not click well with people as other characters do being Kamuisexual isn't helping his case either.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

The Awakening carryovers, particularly the children and Aqua.

I hate when devs shove characters down my throat practically screaming "YOU MUST LIKE THIS CHARACTER!"

It's why I hate Lucina like you don't even know.

Aqua suffers from the same issue as Lucina in that the game and pre-release material tried to present her as this mysterious character driving the cogs of Fates' events, but in practice she ends up serving as an expositionbot who tries or proposes silly plans.

I hate when devs shove characters down my throat practically screaming "YOU MUST LIKE THIS CHARACTER!"

Mm-Hmm.

Hate Lucina because she tried to be Marth.

I hate Odin because he's trying to be Owain.

" Luna " " Severa.

And that's basically all of 'em, but repeating characters plot point importance, characteristics, looks, and being kinda like another character (this Lucina v. Azura arguement) is just a no go for me.

Kinda like all of every Lord in every FE ever, losing everything, but I gotta cut 'em slack. Dramatic comebacks from underdogs are great.

You're logic is a little backwards here. They don't keep the characters around so that they become popular, they stick around because they are already so popular.

anyway, the only character I really don't like is Camilla. Specifically because of the MaMui support. It pretty much consists of her asking Kamui to do things that clearly make him uncomfortable (each more creepy than the last) and when he rightfully voices his discomfort, she straight up lies to his face and tells him that it's totally platonic brother-sister stuff. Uh no Camilla, you want his dick, that's like, 95% of your character

I can't say I've been through a similar situation, but I think it's safe to say that having the woman you grew up thinking is your older sister trying to fuck you can't be good for your mental health. Especially since these supports don't take into account that Kamui might already be married.

I think all the Hoshido/Nohr sibling S-supports are poorly written, but MaMuixCamilla is definitely the worst of the bunch, probably of all supports.

It pretty much ends with Camilla proposing with absurd logic, and Kamui, not wanting to be outdone, accepts with even more absurd reasoning. Like his words literally mean nothing, he's just saying shit to fill out the S-support.

funny.this is the same reason why i hate sumia,felicia and flora.

funny.this is the same reason why i hate sumia,felicia and flora.

Wait, Flora? How so? I don't feel like she was shoved down your throat...

You're logic is a little backwards here. They don't keep the characters around so that they become popular, they stick around because they are already so popular.

anyway, the only character I really don't like is Camilla. Specifically because of the MaMui support. It pretty much consists of her asking Kamui to do things that clearly make him uncomfortable (each more creepy than the last) and when he rightfully voices his discomfort, she straight up lies to his face and tells him that it's totally platonic brother-sister stuff. Uh no Camilla, you want his dick, that's like, 95% of your character

I can't say I've been through a similar situation, but I think it's safe to say that having the woman you grew up thinking is your older sister trying to fuck you can't be good for your mental health. Especially since these supports don't take into account that Kamui might already be married.

I think all the Hoshido/Nohr sibling S-supports are poorly written, but MaMuixCamilla is definitely the worst of the bunch, probably of all supports.

It pretty much ends with Camilla proposing with absurd logic, and Kamui, not wanting to be outdone, accepts with even more absurd reasoning. Like his words literally mean nothing, he's just saying shit to fill out the S-support.

I just read the support for them and it's totally strange.

C-A is Kamui going "Do. Not. Want. We are siblings, that's it."

Then the S-support is "I've decided to reconsider our entire relationship and accept your marriage proposal, mostly because you want it so bad."

That doesn't sound like a consensual relationship. It sounds like Camilla was so needy and persistent that Kamui eventually felt sorry for her and gave into her desires.

Wait, Flora? How so? I don't feel like she was shoved down your throat...

The nonsense sucide in brithright

AKA youmustcryforher is quite enough for me

Edited by shikimi

[spoiler=Story Spoiler]The nonsense sucide in brithright AKA youmustcryforher is quite enough for me

Oi, that's a huge spoiler. I know a lot of people complaining here have played the game, but some haven't. Guys, if it's a minor spoiler that everyone knows of (e.g. Awakening kids, children), I don't think spoilers are necessary. But for huge spoilers, please spoiler tag them.

(I would actually be upset at this, but I already got spoiled about this thanks to YouTube. Recommended videos are the worst...)

The nonsense sucide in brithright AKA youmustcryforher is quite enough for me

I wouldn't say its nonsense. Japan has a huge thing with honor, and to go against your sister and ex master? That's... a big disgrace. It may be a bit overreaction but... I wouldn't say its unreasonable/nonsense.

But thats just me.

Edited by Ebony

I wouldn't say its nonsense. Japan has a huge thing with honor, and to go against your sister and ex master? That's... a big disgrace. It may be a bit overreaction but... I wouldn't say its unreasonable/nonsense.

But thats just me.

They literally make sex sell. I don't think honor is still a thing anymore. That "You bring shame to family" crap is basically just used for control.

What's the point in this game being called 'Fates' if you can't control it and you're stuck with people who let you down.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

But thats just me.

I think the problem with the scene was more in the execution (poor word choice) than it being totally unreasonable.

She sets herself on fire and then gives a long speech...hardly reacting to the fact that she is burning to death. I'm not even quite sure how someone from the ice tribe can summon a fire that can't be extinguished. Another point against the scene is how it compares to similar scenarios. Usually when a character is fighting you against their will, you will get a chance to spare them and after they explain themselves they join you. For Flora, after she explains herself, she immediately jumps to suicide. By the time you reach that point in the Hoshido campaign, it wouldn't be hard to put the ice tribe in Hoshido's protection so Flora's suicide seems forced and a cheap way to get tears from the player.

I think the problem with the scene was more in the execution (poor word choice) than it being totally unreasonable.

She sets herself on fire and then gives a long speech...hardly reacting to the fact that she is burning to death. I'm not even quite sure how someone from the ice tribe can summon a fire that can't be extinguished. Another point against the scene is how it compares to similar scenarios. Usually when a character is fighting you against their will, you will get a chance to spare them and after they explain themselves they join you. For Flora, after she explains herself, she immediately jumps to suicide. By the time you reach that point in the Hoshido campaign, it wouldn't be hard to put the ice tribe in Hoshido's protection so Flora's suicide seems forced and a cheap way to get tears from the player.

To be fair, that could be applied to Lilith as well, who dies in both original routes even though she doesn't have a single line in the story after chapter 6. The game is obsessed with trying to shock the player whether it makes sense or not.

To be fair, that could be applied to Lilith as well, who dies in both original routes even though she doesn't have a single line in the story after chapter 6. The game is obsessed with trying to shock the player whether it makes sense or not.

None of the deaths really hit me that hard because those characters don't receive much focus before the reaper bumps them off for drama. Every death to me was "Oh, that happened." Compare this to a certain main character dying in Valkyria Chronicles where I was so shocked I stopped playing for a week. Elise had some potential but IS kinda spoiled the scene in one of the trailers.

Edited by NekoKnight

Pretty much. I thought the fire thing was dumb. She controls ice, not fire, so how can she make a fire that can't be put out? No explanation given about this either. Her long speech while dying reminds me of another character death in another game. The character literally talks for 15 minutes straight without difficulty of breathing while having severe wounds and then suddenly keels over and dies. These kind of deaths are one of the worse ways to make the player emotional imo.

Flora can give a speech on fire because she's really chill. Some people would call her a total ice queen, even. Still, she's a pretty cool character, and anice person overall.

JK it was actually completely absurd

They literally make sex sell. I don't think honor is still a thing anymore. That "You bring shame to family" crap is basically just used for control.

What's the point in this game being called 'Fates' if you can't control it and you're stuck with people who let you down.

I didn't say IS had honor, I'm speaking from a character point, from a dialogue point.

That being said I was less bummed she died in general and more bummed she didn't get characterization... instead they killed her off. I'll have to fix that myself when I write my story.