Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

None of the deaths really hit me that hard because those characters don't receive much focus before the reaper bumps them off for drama. Every death to me was "Oh, that happened." Compare this to a certain main character dying in Valkyria Chronicles where I was so shocked I stopped playing for a week. Elise had some potential but IS kinda spoiled the scene in one of the trailers.

I can't take them seriously because a good number of them die for the sake of Kamui. I mean there's Mikoto, Lilith, Elise, Crimson, etc. Hell in the case of Ryouma and the rainbow sage they literally commit suicide so Kamui doesn't have to kill them. Elise's death imo would've been a bit better had she jumped in front of Marx's sword when they begun to duel to stop them from even fighting in the first place like she wanted. Or maybe even better yet, have Elise die to protect Marx. It would've been a good reminder that the world doesn't revolve around him/her and that Elise puts her siblings above you since you went against them. It would've definitely cemented regret in choosing Hoshido. But I suppose that situation would be impossible in the first place since when Elise joined you she said she hated how things were in her country since everyone including Marx is an asshole apparently, so she would've never died for Marx's sake.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so disappointed with Camilla. I expected a badass, a ruthless individual, a loving sister, not a hurricane of momcon and siscon fetishes.

Were those high standards?? I wouldn't even call them standards........... lol... but as soon as I saw her go "Oooh my dear Corrin!" on the Tree House Live Event, I knew I was in for a wild ride of disappointment and suck.

Let me get this straight, it's not her titties or her ugly armor, it's the fact that she feels more like a walking fetish than a character. I like women with axes regardless of their looks, and she was a let down.

Then, lol, well, I dislike Cordelia with a passion, so of course I'm gonna dislike Matoi too, if she's like her. And don't tell me "B-but she doesn't have a Chrom fetish anymore!", because I have more reasons to dislike Cordelia, other than her Chrom fetish... she seems to be without glaring flaws, for example. I don't want to indulge too much into this anyway, cuz my sis wants the comp.

Too bad, because I like Tsubaki. At least he seems to be a narcissist and not a flawless, perfect character, and not a huge parody of Catria mixed with a Mary Sue.

Oh my god, Tsukuyomi has 100 votes.

today is not a good day to be Tsukuyomi

I understand why someone would hate him, but still, poor guy.

Edited by Shadowess

"Oooh my dear Corrin!"

My dear, sweet Corrin!*

But yeah, I know what you mean. I never had any expectations for her character and I was still let down. As has been said numerous times, her support with Kamui is not only exceedingly bad and creepy, but C-A mean literally nothing since Kamui has a complete change of heart in his S-support with her - mind you, I know a lot of S-supports are nonsensical in how abruptly people propose, but they're rarely a COMPLETE 180 with the earlier ranks meaning absolutely nothing.

It also manages to make the other sibling S-supports feel even more out of place, since Kamui is clearly uncomfortable with the idea of doing anything with his sister. Ugh...I think people who say "waifus ruined Fire Emblem" make no sense, but here the obsession with making sure the player can romance everybody actually hurt the narrative.

I am so disappointed with Camilla. I expected a badass, a ruthless individual, a loving sister, not a hurricane of momcon and siscon fetishes.

Were those high standards?? I wouldn't even call them standards........... lol... but as soon as I saw her go "Oooh my dear Corrin!" on the Tree House Live Event, I knew I was in for a wild ride of disappointment and suck.

Let me get this straight, it's not her titties or her ugly armor, it's the fact that she feels more like a walking fetish than a character. I like women with axes regardless of their looks, and she was a let down.

Too bad, because I like Tsubaki. At least he seems to be a narcissist and not a flawless, perfect character, and not a huge parody of Catria mixed with a Mary Sue.

If it makes you feel any better, you don't have to do the paralogue since they're optional (and apparently, even if you do it, the children themselves are non canon)

And same about Camilla. I wanted the warrior side out more then just... momcon/siscon. But I know people who still love the support, even in Japanese... Also, realistically, even with me having a thing for yanderes, if you said "i'll just kill your REAL family in order to make you love me/come back to me." You can fuck right off.

Edited by Ebony

How is it that an arrogant character like Lute is so popular while another arrogant character like Tsukuyomi is so hated?

Is it because he's not waifu material which means he's trash?

Lute doesn't have a voice that makes me want to strangle a kitten

also she doesn't have the attitude of "don't treat me like a child even though I act like one"

and she's so good

Edited by Duck

How is it that an arrogant character like Lute is so popular while another arrogant character like Tsukuyomi is so hated?

I can't answer this because I didn't care for either of them.

Also it pains me to say I don't like Soleil. I love her design. It's just her supports are so... sigh...

I can't answer this because I didn't care for either of them.

Also it pains me to say I don't like Soleil. I love her design. It's just her supports are so... sigh...

haha too much of a skirt-chaser, huh ?

I'm in the same boat with you (except I don't hate her), though I'm still probably going to marry her ; u ;

I feel like for most of her S supports, she doesn't even realize that she likes the other person until they confess ?

no, that's not it exactly I can't really describe it..maybe just "it feels more forced than usual"

I really liked her support with Sophie though ?? it was just kinda playful and cute !

Also surprised to see so much hate for Tsukuyomi !

I don't use him often, but I think his voice suits him really well ?

and someone please help me at least like something about zero at this rate eponine will never see the light of day

Tsukuyomi is probably hated on a lot for being similar to Rickens and having more or less the same attitude as far as I can tell.

Zero greatly cares about his daughter and is deeply loyal to Leon? Has a sad past?

I feel like for most of her S supports, she doesn't even realize that she likes the other person until they confess ?

no, that's not it exactly I can't really describe it..maybe just "it feels more forced than usual"=

On the first line, that's 90% of supports, (and 100% of the KamuixSibling supports)

It probably feels more forced because they play her up as the gayest person in San Francisco... up until you initiate that S-Support, then yeah, she's totally willing to give all that up to go steady with some dude just because he asked, because that's realistic as fuck

Disclaimer: I do believe that she genuinely likes women "that way", but Nintendo insisted on only having one gay romance per route, when they should have just made one for each gender per route. Then we could've avoided this mess

Edited by NeptuniasBeard

God, the more i read about Aqua/Azura the more i hate her. Why the fuck did they make her so stupid?

74e.jpg

I didn't make this one, but yeah, there are more. I guess at this point she's most known for her fantastic plan making skills in Conquest.

74e.jpg

I didn't make this one, but yeah, there are more. I guess at this point she's most known for her fantastic plan making skills in Conquest.

I've already seen this one. it just seems everything she does just makes another plot hole.

The magic orb, assassination plots that fail miserably, the entirety of IK, the curse rubbish (AKA the second coming of the "blood pact"), her colossal leaps in logic (hey aqua! instead of attacking two armies to get their attention maybe just ask them for more time to think it over like a normal person would do!)

74e.jpg

I actually read a fan theory that was posted on here (by UnknownUber, I believe) that went of her solo ending, which suggested that she never truly existed and was a conglomeration of beliefs and feelings from both sides of the conflict.

...Not that it makes too much sense, mind you, but that's what Aqua seems to be synonymous with.

I actually read a fan theory that was posted on here (by UnknownUber, I believe) that went of her solo ending, which suggested that she never truly existed and was a conglomeration of beliefs and feelings from both sides of the conflict.

...Not that it makes too much sense, mind you, but that's what Aqua seems to be synonymous with.

Damn, what does that make Shigure?

Anyway, even if Azura was something like that - which would make no sense considering Azura has parents - it would still not make her plans any better or improve her character in any way.

Heyyyy...I know I said I was dropping out of this thread because I can dish it out but I can't take it, but I need to vent. I lost my precious copy of Rune Factory 4, so my escapism and distraction from this game are gone. In my grief, I researched characters that didn't interest me before.

Last I posted, I didn't truly hate any of the characters. Some were just liked less than others...

However, I've truly grown to hate Azura. Trying too hard to be mysterious and unemotional are one thing, being a walking plot device is another, but...the main issue with me are her supports with Zero.

Eventually, after Zero struggling to get to know her (despite her initial hesitation to speak with him, based on the rumors about him or something. Whether or not they're true, that's still judging someone based on hearsay), politely and considerately, because he for some reason feels he can relate to her (though when he says he thinks they're similar people, she gets offended) without his signature tormenting, she pretty much says, "No, we can't be real friends." And he respects the boundaries she's set up. He's giving up on trying to befriend the person he for whatever reason feels he can best relate to because he doesn't want to hurt her. That's surprisingly gentlemanly. He's never been one to respect people's boundaries before, but he legitimately cares about her and her feelings, even if she's disregarded his throughout these supports. You...don't...freaking...mess...with...Zero...

...Er...sorry about ranting.

Damn, what does that make Shigure?

Anyway, even if Azura was something like that - which would make no sense considering Azura has parents - it would still not make her plans any better or improve her character in any way.

Exactly. To re-word what I said at the end of my post, Aqua seems to mean "confusing mess" now. She's just meant to be mysterious for the sake of being mysterious. Instead of Nainin, we got Dancina, but worse.

Tsukuyomi is probably hated on a lot for being similar to Rickens and having more or less the same attitude as far as I can tell.

If you hated Ricken; you'll hate Tsukuyomi. Especially so if you wern't a fan of the character design in the first place. (We want another Merric or Erk; even Lucius, but not this.)

If you hated Ricken; you'll hate Tsukuyomi. Especially so if you wern't a fan of the character design in the first place. (We want another Merric or Erk; even Lucius, but not this.)

Honestly I didn't hate Ricken but I can't tolerate Tsukuyomi. I just am not big on arrogant, young characters... ugh...

Lute is portrayed as being socially awkward and obsessed with research of various kinds. She says she's a genius and she has the power to back it up. It's less to do with having a bad attitude and more with not having a grasp on the concept of modesty. Tsukuyomi comes off as a kid who wants to be treated as an adult even though he acts like a kid.