Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

Pieri:

The thing about Pieri is that she could be a somewhat interesting character if the game didn't treat her repeated murders of innocent people as a minor, harmless quirk.

Yeah I think you nailed it.

Well, that and talking about herself in third person, but that might be more of a pet peeve of mine.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think you nailed it.

Well, that and talking about herself in third person, but that might be more of a pet peeve of mine.

It's a pet peeve of mine too, but for some reason, I don't really mind the third person speech that much when Midoriko does it.

Edited by Minischew

It's a pet peeve of mine too, but for some reason, I don't really mind the third person speech that much when Midoriko does it.

Which might be because Midoriko is an actual child.

Baby 3rd person speech is only tolerable on really young kids.

Whoa. I never realized that many characters have just a single defining trait. Given the sheer number of support conversations, that's not a good sign. Now to think of it, the previous games had supports that showed Forde as a brother and a painter, or Tanith as a boss and as a cook. We don't have as many characters with multiple sides now. Shigure can sing and paint. Yay.

[spoiler=Pieri]Being childish might have been a result of her trauma.

I'm gonna throw in my two cents because this looks interesting.

Oboro is probably my least favorite character so far. Her personality never appealed to me, same with her design. I figured she was another Cordelia, so I got turned off immediately. Fast-forward, everyone's praising her and it turns out she CAN support with Takumi, and I just get this feeling that she IS going to be Cordelia, how everyone loves her and all of that. Plus, I bet Takumi/Oboro is going to be shoved down my throat, given she's "canon" and I'll get really sick of it.

I could go on, but I'll refrain. Feels good to let it all out, lol.

Edited by Shadowess

Oboro is probably my least favorite character so far. Her personality never appealed to me, same with her design. I figured she was another Cordelia, so I got turned off immediately. Fast-forward, everyone's praising her and it turns out she CAN support with Takumi, and I just get this feeling that she IS going to be Cordelia, how everyone loves her and all of that. Plus, I bet Takumi/Oboro is going to be shoved down my throat, given she's "canon" and I'll get really sick of it.

[spoiler=Oboro Hate]There is one simple reason I cannot find Oboro attractive:

Her unnatural, drooped eyes.

Edited by Minischew

[spoiler=Oboro Hate]There is one simple reason I cannot find Oboro attractive:

Her unnatural, drooped eyes.

She has bedroom eyes :p. Not taken in that way, of course. I guess her appearance is alright, but when I first saw her I was tilting my head trying to mesh her personality and appearance together. At the time, I didn't know she actually did have a personality (at least, some personality) so I just assumed her whole personality was going to be like Cordelia's: completely and utterly obsessed with Chrom Takumi. I don't know if I'm right or not, given I don't have the game, but if I am wrong then my hatred will lessen by a fraction or two.

Tsukuyomi is the worst character in the game for me though. I hate arrogant kid characters who don't have anything to show for it, and he's even worse than usual. Also, while I know it'll be changed in the localization for obvious reasons, his voice makes me want to punch the little brat in the face every time he speaks. I'm actually kind of glad that he's Shara's dad and that you have to give up a kid if you want to marry most of the first gen mothers, it gives me a perfect excuse to leave him single forever. I'm not very fond of creepy yandere stalkers either but I haven't seen enough Shara's character to say whether I really hate her or not in Fates, but it's not looking good from what I have seen.

I was literally about to make pretty much this post

Like I actually LIKE that one person goes unpaired because it gives me a legit reason not to pair him

Edited by Duck

Most of the Hoshido side characters are likable or at least non-offensive but there are a few that annoy me. Joker for being an insufferable asshole and Tsukuyomi for being a self-absorbed brat. People can be abrasive but likable if written well but some of these characters just miss the mark and make me dislike them. Tsundere is another archetype I don't care for.

Everyone assumed she'd be a Cordelia because it's mentioned in her bio that she has a minor crush on Takumi but it really is that. Minor. There are no canon pairings, least of all for side characters so you can accept whatever pairings (or lack there of) you like. What people like about Oboro as a person is that she has a character beyond her unrelated love interest.

But it's okay to hate her voice.

Edited by NekoKnight

Most of the Hoshido side characters are likable or at least non-offensive but there are a few that annoy me. Joker for being an insufferable asshole and Tsukuyomi for being a self-absorbed brat. People can be abrasive but likable if written well but some of these characters just miss the mark and make me dislike them. Tsundere is another archetype I don't care for.

Everyone assumed she'd be a Cordelia because it's mentioned in her bio that she has a minor crush on Takumi but it really is that. Minor. There are no canon pairings, least of all for side characters so you can accept whatever pairings (or lack there of) you like. What people like about Oboro as a person is that she has a character beyond her unrelated love interest.

But it's okay to hate her voice.

(I don't mean to come off as offensive if I do, I don't want to start a heated debate)

I know Oboro has a personality (thank gods), and her crush on Takumi is executed greatly (as far as I've read, it's only mentioned in Hinata's support and the writers handled it very well). But I have this really bad habit in which once I decide I like/dislike something, then I'm automatically mind locked on it. Oboro's character is handled pretty good (because she actually has one), but I still don't like her because of my mindlocked attitude of her. Plus, I feel like if I say shit against her, everyone's going to claw my eyes out (I'm not referring to you, I've seen a few other incidents wafting around.) That doesn't really improve my opinion on Oboro.

If you like her, that's great. I can understand why. But she doesn't really click with me.

Edited by Shadowess

I hate Sumia

Me too.Sumia hate are just without boundary

=============on topic===========

[spoiler=mozume]I dont' hate her,but she's not really that cute.her movement is just...meh

Also,

I just can't make myself like Pieri. Her design just... I just don't like it. Also don't really like or dislike the Awakening clones. Odin because he's just not a great unit, Lazward because I was never big on Inigo (but he's a good Brave Hero, so I can tolerate him) and I only like Luna in her support convos with Matoi because it at least gives her some development. I like Matoi, but the other two (especially Shara) I couldn't care less about. They are literally carbon copies, which is a bit disappointing. I think Tsukuyomi and Saizou deserved better kids, but Matoi makes sense with Tsubaki IMO.

for some reason it doesn't say who the quote was by, it is by nordopolica

Odin, Lazwald, and luna are not clones they are Owain, Inigo, and Severa. If you already found that out that this is pointless.

Edited by Lunastral

I haven't played the game, but I've read some supports. And all I can say is...

I REALLY hate Soleil.

Not because of some dumb bandwagon, but because of how she was written. Yeah, she's basically Inigo in a female body, but she's basically an Awakening Character! All she just does is spout out anything involving cute girls, and even though she's all up in your face about girls, she's not a homo option. What's worse is that in her S-Supports, it's usually "Hey, you're second to the girls I hit on". She's basically flanderized.

Also, I find Tsubaki a bit boring, plain, and predictable due to being a male version of Cordelia. Not only that, but his growths are shitty; even shittier than Rinka's iirc.

And finally, Jakob/Joker. I thought that the initial description was that he's not too comfortable talking to anyone not named Kamui. Turns out he's an utter asshole to anyone not named Kamui, and because of that, he makes freaking Tharja's interactions with other characters not named Robin seem normal.

Lyon: Waaaaaaaaah, I hate not being loved and incompetent. That's why I'm gonna to become the worst tyranic person evah by using a forbidden stooooooooooooooooonke!

Inside note: This guy seriously needs to pick up some flowers ...

Fire Emblem: Crying Stones

Also Blame Takumi 2015

0JSe4Jf.png

It ain't CUTE (not enough!)!

Edited by Erdall

Despite all the hate towards Tsukuyomi in this thread I think I'm going to prefer using him over Orochi, who sounds like she's sort of a whore.

Plus she sort of has a Butterface thing going on.

This post is disgusting.

This thread isnt much better tbh. I feel like a lot of Aqua hate isnt justified at all. At very least, the hate posted by people who havent played the game yet.

Ive always felt that the over the top Tharja hate in the fandom was BS. The Shara hate is far far worse. Shara, from what i can see, does not abuse anyone and have it played for laughs. Its really disturbing people are willing to outright hate a character simply because of a connection despite not being that character. Im not a fan of Cordelia, does that mean i have to detest Matoi? No it does not. Matoi is not obsessed with a man who wont pay attention to her for all the tea in China.

The Pieri hate is just :rolleyes: Like, how do you even know that localization wont have some of her supports be more serious? Its actually really too soon to give a final verdict. You may not like JAPANESE!Pieri, but you dont know that you wont like western Pieri. That goes for every other character too. Hell, i didnt care for Japanese!Sully, but i frickin' LOVE English!Sully with every fiber of my being.

This post is disgusting.

This thread isnt much better tbh. I feel like a lot of Aqua hate isnt justified at all. At very least, the hate posted by people who havent played the game yet.

Ive always felt that the over the top Tharja hate in the fandom was BS. The Shara hate is far far worse. Shara, from what i can see, does not abuse anyone and have it played for laughs. Its really disturbing people are willing to outright hate a character simply because of a connection despite not being that character. Im not a fan of Cordelia, does that mean i have to detest Matoi? No it does not. Matoi is not obsessed with a man who wont pay attention to her for all the tea in China.

The Pieri hate is just :rolleyes: Like, how do you even know that localization wont have some of her supports be more serious? Its actually really too soon to give a final verdict. You may not like JAPANESE!Pieri, but you dont know that you wont like western Pieri. That goes for every other character too. Hell, i didnt care for Japanese!Sully, but i frickin' LOVE English!Sully with every fiber of my being.

I agree with the former part of your post but this thread is pretty much explicitly about the characters as they appear in the Japanese version.

As of now, I'm not a great fan of Pieri, or some others for that matter, but that may change. Some characters I like now I may end up disliking in the English version.

But saying "it's too soon" is implying that no one has actually PLAYED the game, which a lot of us have. The English version is not some final edition and the Japanese version some sneak-peak. This is a complete game and the characters are complete. Not liking some and expressing that dislike in a dedicated thread is no sin, not to mention it's far better than going on other random threads and complaining.

I agree with the former part of your post but this thread is pretty much explicitly about the characters as they appear in the Japanese version.

As of now, I'm not a great fan of Pieri, or some others for that matter, but that may change. Some characters I like now I may end up disliking in the English version.

But saying "it's too soon" is implying that no one has actually PLAYED the game, which a lot of us have. The English version is not some final edition and the Japanese version some sneak-peak. This is a complete game and the characters are complete. Not liking some and expressing that dislike in a dedicated thread is no sin, not to mention it's far better than going on other random threads and complaining.

Pretty much this.

I've played through the game and read a lot of supports to make sure I understand the characters and the setting, and Pieri's one of the few characters I really, really dislike for a number of reasons, but the biggest reason is how they handle her "gimmick" of being a murderer who doesn't understand that what she's doing is wrong. It's distasteful, and far from her only characterization problem.

Naturally, I hope they tweak her in the English version, but like nordopolica said, it's not like the English version is the final product; I've played through a complete game, and I definitely believe I can discuss why I dislike a character on a thread titled "Character Hate Thread".

Severa is my most hated Fire Emblem character, so naturally I hate "Luna" too. I can't say I'm fond of Tharja or Cordelia either, so I'm not excited about their characters in Fates.

Hinoka is really unlikeable too. She looks like a boy (spitting image of Otoya from UtaPri) and acts like boy too. Tomboys are gross and unlikeable.

Severa is my most hated Fire Emblem character, so naturally I hate "Luna" too. I can't say I'm fond of Tharja or Cordelia either, so I'm not excited about their characters in Fates.

Hinoka is really unlikeable too. She looks like a boy (spitting image of Otoya from UtaPri) and acts like boy too. Tomboys are gross and unlikeable.

Gee, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

What I meant before is I find something really offputting about Orochi's face.

That and I can't respect anybody who uses sexuality to manipulate others.

Also this is more disinterest than actual hate but Effie sounds really boring

128137750681320110725-22047-u4vrs1.jpg