Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

I think it pretty much goes without saying that however much I dislike a character, the right supports can do wonders for them.

For example, Pieri's support with Razwald was surprisingly amazing, especially since it was a "pair-the-spares" type situation for me. Same with Soleil and Siegbert.

I didn't think I'd like Eponine, either, but lo and behold she's now one of my favourites (Les Mis bias aside, of course.)

Gameplay use can also do wonders for my opinion on a character. Like, if a character is super awesome and never lets me down, I'm more likely to be cheering for them and favour them a bit more.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read Jakob's support with Deere and yeah I can most definitely see why it can make people uncomfortable. I don't hate Jakob and I do in fact like him especially in certain supports, but the b support and the whole support in general with his son really rubbed me the wrong way. Being jealous of your child being than you at some things is one thing, but seriously. I really hope that translation is inaccurate and if it's not I hope it gets changed in the localization.

Anyways I thought I was going to care less about Nyx, but after reading her supports I take it back. My favorite Nyx support is her C-A support with Leon. I also really like Oboro's supports especially with some of the Nohrians. I was surprised at how well mature she is and how she handles her dislike of Nohrians especially in her support with Belka.

Edited by Frelia

I think it pretty much goes without saying that however much I dislike a character, the right supports can do wonders for them.

For example, Pieri's support with Razwald was surprisingly amazing, especially since it was a "pair-the-spares" type situation for me. Same with Soleil and Siegbert.

I didn't think I'd like Eponine, either, but lo and behold she's now one of my favourites (Les Mis bias aside, of course.)

Gameplay use can also do wonders for my opinion on a character. Like, if a character is super awesome and never lets me down, I'm more likely to be cheering for them and favour them a bit more.

Supports also changed my opinion on a character. I had a bit of a bias against Oboro due to how she was marketed-- her crush was unnecessarily mentioned in the profile, and her personal skill was Nohr hater. I was afraid she's be this cynical girl who would constantly sulk over her crush and needlessly lash out at Nohrians.

But after looking at her supports, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was not the case; she's a caring yet sassy girl. Some of her supports (e.g. Jakob/Oboro) even show her disdain for field cleaners or Nohrians, but handle it very well. In fact, while Oboro's design still doesn't appeal to me, her personality is one of my favorites in the game. Of course, I suppose this is a bit different from the scenario the OP was describing, as she's not necessarily saying she suddenly loves Pieri. But nevertheless, the right supports really can be the saving grace of a character.

(Vice versa, the wrong supports can completely ruin a character. I think everyone on this thread knows who I'm referring to, lmao.)

Edited by Minischew

(Vice versa, the wrong supports can completely ruin a character. I think everyone on this thread knows who I'm referring to, lmao.)

Silas x Elise? :P

ngl I thought I wasn't gonna like Charlotte; I'm okay with the gold-digger aspect but her personal skill rubbed me the wrong way

except then I read her support with Marx and shot right up to fave \o/

Half joking.

http://pastebin.com/RdKrqZ92

Silas the lolicon.

I'm so conflicted because on one hand this is so cute and I shipped Silas and Elise the moment I saw the Nohr Treehouse video but on the other hand this is so wrong.

But wow, I never expected Silas to be into that kind of thing. I'm just wondering, though-- is all that "sleeping together" meant to be an innuendo, or is it simply because English associates the action with intercourse?

Eh, I suspect many of the supports will be changed in the localization, so that we all will end up saying "I didn't like Japanese X, but I did like English X." So far I haven't found a character that I hate. The most negative reaction that some characters have elicited from me is "meh," well except one character but I do not hate the character so much as I am disappointed with the way she was portrayed and handled.

For me they could have done a lot more with Queen Mikoto and handled her character better, because she is one of those pure characters without any noticable flaws who everyone seems to love and the story does not give you much of a reason to like her other than 'she's your mom, your siblings and everyone else loves her and she died to save you. The most negative thing about Mikoto was that she was with Hydra for a time, resulting in you. It doesn't help that she bites it on the 5th chapter when they could have done so much more with her like: how she handled you being gone all of these years, how many of her subjects really did love her and appreciated her governing, what were the first years of her rule like without Sumeragi, have the royal children doubted her and if so do they still doubt her? These would all be interesting, but the way she is used in story makes me feel like she's a plot device rather than a character. Maybe this will change in the localization and they add more lines, but as it stands I'm not her biggest fan.

I think Silas is just into sister figures in general. His Carmilla support has him wanting her to treat him as a sibling if I recall right.

As for Mikoto. I find the whole magic barrier that makes all people lose hostility towards Hoshido to be pretty shifty. Especially since it doesn't work on Faceless who have no minds. Sounds suspiciously like its brainwashing people into not wanting to attack Hoshido.

Edited by JupiterKnight

I'm so conflicted because on one hand this is so cute and I shipped Silas and Elise the moment I saw the Nohr Treehouse video but on the other hand this is so wrong.

But wow, I never expected Silas to be into that kind of thing. I'm just wondering, though-- is all that "sleeping together" meant to be an innuendo, or is it simply because English associates the action with intercourse?

I think the way it's phrased is that Elise was thinking of "sleeping together" as young children often will but Silas is psyching himself up for the adult understanding of "sleeping together".

Silas: I’ve been preparing myself for this.
Elise: …..
That may be so, however…
Silas: Yeah. What’s the matter?

Elise: I’m getting a different impression than lying down on a bed.

*pomf*

And when he proposes to her (ie wants to start a romantic/sexual relationship)

Silas: So, ever since you said you wanted to sleep together… I’ve been tormented by my conscience…

Elise accidentally unlocked his inner lolicon.

ngl I thought I wasn't gonna like Charlotte; I'm okay with the gold-digger aspect but her personal skill rubbed me the wrong way

except then I read her support with Marx and shot right up to fave \o/

I'm there with you, Charlotte has become one of my favorite characters of this game when I read her supports with the other characters (and I am so going to pair her with Marx when it comes out next year.)

What really bothers me, is that all of the Nohrians aren't inheretly evil. They're just all ignorant. Harold's Character completely contradicts the Nohr route when a Hero of Justice is commiting horrible war atrocities.

Why the hell are the Awakening kids siding with these guys? I understand Camilla, Marx, and Leon are indeed good people who spared them, but they don't question anything or change anything, which is the exact reason they came into the past in Awakening. To defy order and change the future.

They don't question at all how the king is a jerk and he makes his children and in turn their subordinates, kill innocent people for the hell of it.

The only person I honestly dislike is Iago, but I don't think that really counts though, no?

However I find myself not giving a single fuck about Shara or Tsukiyomi.

The only person I honestly dislike is Iago, but I don't think that really counts though, no?

However I find myself not giving a single fuck about Shara or Tsukiyomi.

Surprisingly Shara's not terrible. Her obsession with the avatar is downplayed. I mean in all the supports I've seen it hasn't even been mentioned. It's more about her love of charms and being anti social. Which, while not amazing, is better than being a creepy stalker. Personally, I like her supports with Dia. I just love elpises though, since BenoitXBelka is on of my favorites too.

Surprisingly Shara's not terrible. Her obsession with the avatar is downplayed. I mean in all the supports I've seen it hasn't even been mentioned. It's more about her love of charms and being anti social. Which, while not amazing, is better than being a creepy stalker. Personally, I like her supports with Dia. I just love elpises though, since BenoitXBelka is on of my favorites too.

I think Camilla stole Not!Tharja's role of yandere in this game away. Take that as you will.

To be honest, another character I dislike is Silas. I'm not incredibly fond of the childhood friend cliché, and I don't find him attractive as a husbando, either. His design in general gets on my nerves.

He's quirky and cute at times, but he's...nothing spectacular. I wouldn't say I hate him at all, but I feel he is too popular, and it irks me.

Supports also changed my opinion on a character. I had a bit of a bias against Oboro due to how she was marketed-- her crush was unnecessarily mentioned in the profile, and her personal skill was Nohr hater. I was afraid she's be this cynical girl who would constantly sulk over her crush and needlessly lash out at Nohrians.

But after looking at her supports, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was not the case; she's a caring yet sassy girl. Some of her supports (e.g. Jakob/Oboro) even show her disdain for field cleaners or Nohrians, but handle it very well. In fact, while Oboro's design still doesn't appeal to me, her personality is one of my favorites in the game. Of course, I suppose this is a bit different from the scenario the OP was describing, as she's not necessarily saying she suddenly loves Pieri. But nevertheless, the right supports really can be the saving grace of a character.

I also disliked Oboro at first because of the way she was marketed. I thought she was going to be another Cordelia, but meaner and with an extreme bias against Nohrians. But I found her to be pretty nice in her supports, and her crush on Takumi isn't mentioned as much as Cordelia's crush was. Bumped her up to be among my favorite female characters.

This happened with Charlotte too. Her supports make her seems way better to me than how she was marketed. She's now one of my favs too.

...Though I still dislike Charlotte's outfit.

Oh, the horror that is Charlotte's outfit...

At least promotion makes her better (though, to be fair, her gold digger motivations + previous male fighters being walking shirtless scenes provide some justification. Not to say that it isn't terribly impractical or fanservicey, mind you).

Edited by The DanMan

I think Camilla stole Not!Tharja's role of yandere in this game away. Take that as you will.

To be honest, another character I dislike is Silas. I'm not incredibly fond of the childhood friend cliché, and I don't find him attractive as a husbando, either. His design in general gets on my nerves.

He's quirky and cute at times, but he's...nothing spectacular. I wouldn't say I hate him at all, but I feel he is too popular, and it irks me.

Finally someone else who dislikes Silas! Yeah he's nothing special, I dislike so much his hair and his design overall and I don't understand why is he so much popular when there are better characters, and that lolicon thing makes him worse, I've played the game and he got benched, too bad I actually like his daughter

Takumi, just Takumi. I'm trying to avoid spoiler so I've only seen up to chapter 7 but from what I've seen and heard he seems like a whiny little brat. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can't wait to kill him in Nohr.

tumblr_nqu7yt8SW61ta34cio1_500.jpg

Finally someone else who dislikes Silas! Yeah he's nothing special, I dislike so much his hair and his design overall and I don't understand why is he so much popular when there are better characters, and that lolicon thing makes him worse, I've played the game and he got benched, too bad I actually like his daughter

I actually really like Silas-- he's such a sweet guy. But there is absolutely one thing I cannot stand about him:

His loyalty to Kamui.

Like what. What, what, what, why would you follow Kamui even on the Hoshido path when the goddamn man doesn't even recognize you.

I guess it's ultimately either a player worshipping tactic or a way to make Silas the image of loyalty, but either way that part of the characterization just doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by Minischew

Takumi, just Takumi. I'm trying to avoid spoiler so I've only seen up to chapter 7 but from what I've seen and heard he seems like a whiny little brat. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can't wait to kill him in Nohr.

tumblr_nqu7yt8SW61ta34cio1_500.jpg

I believe he's second in the (very unofficial) character favorite poll on this thread, so there's that. I find Takumi and Leo to be the best written siblings by far, but naturally I won't spoil anything.

I actually really like Silas-- he's such a sweet guy. But there is absolutely one thing I cannot stand about him:

His loyalty to Kamui.

Like what. What, what, what, why would you follow Kamui even on the Hoshido path when the goddamn man doesn't even recognize you.

I guess it's ultimately either a player worshipping tactic or a way to make Silas the image of loyalty, but that decision just doesn't sit well with me.

Yeah, this is why I don't like him either. It would've been another thing entirely if Kamui recognized him, buuuuut they didn't, which Silas should take like a slap to the face.

Seriously, Kamui has Joker, Felicia and the siblings obsessing over him; Silas' loyalty wasn't needed.

I really wonder how the Japanese fanbase has reacted to this game; I believe it's been positive overall, but I think I heard something about them complaining about both fan service and Nohr's story, just like a lot of people have done here, so it's possible they dislike the player worshiping as well.

and you might hate him in hoshido path too , but Im gonna enjoy killing him too , at silas haters wtf is your damage and I could not give thousand of damns to asama and notgaius (I just don't see why the are endearing to the females ugh)