Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

I'm sure you can just edit a poll into the OP though

Can I? I've been trying to edit, and while I could be blind, I'm not seeing a "manage topic poll" option. I'll try lurking around on other parts of the forum to see if I can figure out how to edit a poll into the OP, but if anyone knows how to, I'd definitely appreciate the instructions.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it! I just needed to use the Full Editor option.

Edited by Minischew

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I see, no one has made one yet. Do you want me to make one to supersede this thread? I have a feeling the poll will turn into the new character hating post, so I can highlight some of the arguments brought up here so that the discussion won't be repetitive.

If you think it's a good idea, then feel free to do it. If you don't, I won't make one, as I also feel like it will become the "character hate thread 2.0" and since you had the idea first I wouldn't feel comfortable taking it and just adding a poll.

Edit: Just saw your last post, I'm excited for the poll!

Edited by Joker with Glasses

...This is my fault for not actually expecting a spoiler beneath the spoiler tag.

But here I am, crying over this spoiler. I know this is a bit selfish to ask, but could you guys differentiate between what's a spoiler and what's simply an expansion of your thoughts?

I'm really sorry about this. I didn't expect anyone to actually look at the spoiler tag of someone who is an important part of the plot for both sides without knowing the plot. I think I've fixed it, but I might have missed something.

From what I've read, he only attacks Kamui when the player initiates the fight; he's inactive on the enemy phase.

Er, I'm not sure about this one. After he killed Elise, it says that he refuses to attack the Avatar, and he has no desire whatsoever to fight anymore. I read that on the wiki so I'm not 100% sure, and if you are right I apologize.

Although I don't like Xander either, something about him bothers me that I can't quite place my finger on.

(Plot spoilers)

This is taken from this translation by fletch: http://pastebin.com/pEkLt5ad

Kamui: So then why? Why did you fight me...
Kamui: Why didn't you listen to Elise's wishes…
Kamui: If you'd listened to Elise's argument then, and stopped fighting…
Kamui: Neither you nor Elise would have had to die!!
Marx: Kamui… In this world, if there was no argument…
Marx: I wouldn't...be able to change the path I chose…
Marx: The paths…we chose ourselves…we have no choice but to follow, believing they're true and just…
(Some talk later)
Marx: To choose to compromise with your path couldn't be forgiven…
Marx: I couldn't choose to revolt against this country…against our father…
Marx: So I honestly, truly…intended to kill you…
Marx: To kill you all, and to lead Nohr to victory…
In other words, he literally fought you for no reason other than "because Garon said so", despite the fact that it was obvious the atrocities that Garon comitted and the fact that Elise and Corrin begged him to stop fighting and Elise died for it. Since he didn't stop fighting, Elise's sacrifice was meaningless, as the fighting would've continued regardless of whether she died or not.
Edited by Luankachu

Thank you for adding a poll! I really appreciate it.

My votes: Asyura (a choice by default really), Felicia (I don't hate her, I just find her quite meh), Hinata, Effie, Mitama, Hisame and Siegbert.

Edited by Joker with Glasses

I'm really sorry about this. I didn't expect anyone to actually look at the spoiler tag of someone who is an important part of the plot for both sides without knowing the plot. I think I've fixed it, but I might have missed something.

Apologies for my carelessness as well. I'm just too used to people using spoiler tags for different purposes, so I tend to click on them anyways. ^^;;

Thank you for adding a poll! I really appreciate it.

No problem! But wow, poor Felicia.

So I put a vote in for disliking Mozume but only because she's my least favourite of the four women in that poll, I don't actually dislike her. The others I voted for were definitely characters I actually dislike though. Jakob, Tsukuyomi, Zero, Pieri, Shigure and Syalla. I don't actually know why I don't like Shigure he just annoys me for some reason.

[spoiler=Ignis] I don't hate him, but I find him pretty useless as a character. I've only seen 2 or 3 of his supports, and he just looks like Benoit with his scaredy catness played up

I'm curious as to why people don't like Asyura, I think he's cool for a Kamuisexual

This poll is definitely going to be interesting, although I'm sure plenty of people who haven't played the game or barely even read supports will vote solely based on appearance.

Anyway, I think my most important votes are on Azura and Pieri. Azura for being a total letdown in terms of story, and Pieri for being the worst support character n the game.

I don't care enough about the children to actually dislike any of them.

I just rewatched the chapter she joins. You can control her before even talking with her and Corrin's first words towards her is "why are you in Nohr and why are you targeting Hoshidan soldiers." While she does claim that she was captured by Hoshidan troops, she also says that Ryoma and the others tried to protect her. That kind of stunt could have gotten the Hoshidan troops executed for betrayal and not following orders, She could have returned to Hoshido, waited for things to cool down and prove her loyalty instead of siding with Nohr and proving that Takumi was right in distrusting her. In his supports with Hinoka, Saizou of all people is thought to be a traitor, but the issue was easily solved. The same could be done with Azura.

Main reason why I don't like Azura in the Nohr route. First thing she does is backstab Hoshido when she herself said that they were very kind to her even though she was from Nohr (before Kamui sides with Nohr). For someone who seems to be so rational, she wasn't very rational in the Nohr route.

(Plot spoilers)

This is taken from this translation by fletch: http://pastebin.com/pEkLt5ad

Kamui: So then why? Why did you fight me...
Kamui: Why didn't you listen to Elise's wishes…
Kamui: If you'd listened to Elise's argument then, and stopped fighting…
Kamui: Neither you nor Elise would have had to die!!
Marx: Kamui… In this world, if there was no argument…
Marx: I wouldn't...be able to change the path I chose…
Marx: The paths…we chose ourselves…we have no choice but to follow, believing they're true and just…
(Some talk later)
Marx: To choose to compromise with your path couldn't be forgiven…
Marx: I couldn't choose to revolt against this country…against our father…
Marx: So I honestly, truly…intended to kill you…
Marx: To kill you all, and to lead Nohr to victory…
In other words, he literally fought you for no reason other than "because Garon said so", despite the fact that it was obvious the atrocities that Garon comitted and the fact that Elise and Corrin begged him to stop fighting and Elise died for it. Since he didn't stop fighting, Elise's sacrifice was meaningless, as the fighting would've continued regardless of whether she died or not.

Yeah, I didn't like Marx because he keeps saying he wants to do what's best for Nohr, that's why he's following Garon's orders, but Nohr is CLEARLY suffering under Garon's rule and he doesn't do anything about it. I get the loyalty to his father thing, but the last time he saw his father's kindness was probably before Kamui was kidnapped, which was a long time ago. That means he would have had a lot of time/years to adapt to the fact that his father's not exactly a good king anymore. I have more respect for Leon because even if Leon had experienced his father's kindness before, he at least questions Garon when it's super obvious he should while Marx keeps being in denial about it.

aaaaay fox boy nishiki hasn't gotten a vote

keeping this here

:3:

Anyways, I really can't stand Joker in some of his supports. A lot of the S supports are extremely rushed (you can say that for any character though tbh), and in some supports he's just rude.

Also, the fact how he's so condescending on some of my favorites irks me. And the fact how he's just overly jealous, or goes to such lengths to cover himself up.

Edited by Pokechu

I'm surprised that Matoi has more votes than Gurei does. I was under the impression that more people disliked Gurei for his painfully similar design to Gaius, whereas Matoi was slightly different from Cordelia.

Edited by Minischew

All this Joker, Marx, and Zero hate is really speaking to me. It was fun discussing stuff with you all, but I think I'm signing out of this thread. :-P. Wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with people having opinions different than my own.

I'll talk when I get the game, hah!

All this Joker, Marx, and Zero hate is really speaking to me. It was fun discussing stuff with you all, but I think I'm signing out of this thread. :-P. Wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with people having opinions different than my own.

That's kinda funny because they are my three favorite husbandos for the moment lol

Personally I don't hate any character for the moment but I don't like Pieri, Foleo and Saizou.

That's kinda funny because they are my three favorite husbandos for the moment lol

Personally I don't hate any character for the moment but I don't like Pieri, Foleo and Saizou.

Edit: Sorry for the double post :/

Edited by KungBoo

Heh, if that's your reaction, then I'm glad you didn't love Tsukuyomi and Pieri, because they're getting mauled; almost 50% of all voters seem to dislike them.

Who I hate ? Tough question.
Eh, Aqua is way too useful, but she is such a walking plot device, then there's both of our oh so kind 'families'.
Marx or, the Camus archetype that kill it's familly, he got to be the most idiotic of the lot. :p

Eh, I honestly dunno, there''s a lot of character for me to dislike, Aqua, the sibblings, the expies, the children, Felicia the banshee... :/

Pieri is disliked ? I'm actually surprised.

Edited by B.Leu

Heh, if that's your reaction, then I'm glad you didn't love Tsukuyomi and Pieri, because they're getting mauled; almost 50% of all voters seem to dislike them.

Azura isn't doing so hot either... This is kinda surprising since she seemed to be pretty popular in the favourites thread.

Azura isn't doing so hot either... This is kinda surprising since she seemed to be pretty popular in the favourites thread.

I fully expected it, and I voted for her as well, and I believe many who have played the game will do the same.

I fully expected it, and I voted for her as well, and I believe many who have played the game will do the same.

I voted for her as well simply because she is my least favorite of the neutral females, I just didn't expect so many to share the opinion considering her popularity.

For me, I really hate Felicia, Charlotte and Elise. Felicia's voice really irritates me, as does her personality, plus her fringe is weird. Charlotte is just unnecessarily slutty, a wannabe (but failing) Camilla. And Elise is just so in-your-face, it really irritates me; compared to Sakura, she is much more needy and yeah, just annoying. Plus the hair is ridiculous.

Design wise, I just find it hard to look at Soleil, as she is literally pink, long hair placed on Inigo's head. She doesn't look feminine at all, I'm not saying she has to, I just think it would be nicer if she resembled a woman a bit more in appearance, other than hair colour.

I have to say Elise really isn't growing on me. I usually dislike the needy cutesy loli sister that is pretty much in every single Japanese-related form of media and Elise is no exception.

The Tsukuyomi hate is sort of bothering me, lol