Street Fighter V Thread

Randoman

A funny thing about Karin is that apparently Capcom doesn't have the direct rights to her. I haven't looked into it fully, but they apparently only have partial rights to Karin. They had to get permission to use her for the Udon comics iirc. I don't know the full details, but hers is an interesting situations XD

Haha wow, the more you know, those comics were solid too speaking of which.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read them, actually, but they look good.

SPEAKING OF WHICH. Ya wanna know what was announced at Comicon alongside Ken? Well......SF x GI Joe comic.

Not even kidding.

Woah, that's a lot of Street Fighter V info, North. Thanks for sharing it!!

So 12 returning characters among the 16 for the base version of Street Fighter V. We know that Ryu, Ken, Birdie, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Cammy, and Charlie are in so that's 7. I wonder who the remaining 5 are. I would say Akuma, Sagat, Sakura, and Dan are safe bets with their popularity, but it could also go the other way with them being DLC, with them being somewhat redundant (being relatively similar to Ryu and Ken) and perhaps being saved as later characters in order to keep the base 16 varied and diverse. Yeah, I know that the shotas all technically play differently despite having similar specials, but I think that at least for the base 16, they'll have them be as varied as possible to have the roster appeal to more people.

Also North, has there been any news/hints on who the final boss in arcade mode will be?

They've specifically stated their avoiding more Shotos, so I'd say Dan is definately out. Sagat may not be in immediately either. The cast is supposedly to supposed to be between SF IV and SF III, so I'm assuming most of the returning cast are from SF III. We still have yet to see even one SFIV char, whom Capcom have basically guaranteed. Again, Alex and Urien are also supremely hinted at. My guess is honestly Alex, Urien, Akuma, R. Mika and either Q or Sakura, which are both wishful thinking from me D: They may throw Guile in as well, given the massive changes to Charley's playstyle so he isn't a Guile Clone anymore.

If I remember correctly, or maybe this was just a theory, Street Fighter V is supposed to take place after Street Fighter III. So...I'm kinda hoping for Twelve to come back alongside Yang (or Yun, but I like Yang more lol). I think the rumors of Urien, Alex, Karin, and R. Mika coming back as characters would be pretty cool, especially since we haven't seen Karin or R. Mika since the Alpha days. If the rumor is true, 12 of the potential 16 characters have been revealed, unless they're the supposed 4 DLC/Unlockable characters. I would also love to see what new characters Street Fighter V will have. Seeing Necalli is making me really curious to see what other kinds of fighters Capcom can put in.

Nah, I think its a nice touch. It's aggrevating getting put in those states without any real indication beforehand. This helps

Yeah it was always annoying when that happened out of thin air quite literally. I think it might actually a be a bigger dynamic that competative players use to strategize longer combo chains and such.

If I remember correctly, or maybe this was just a theory, Street Fighter V is supposed to take place after Street Fighter III. So...I'm kinda hoping for Twelve to come back alongside Yang (or Yun, but I like Yang more lol). I think the rumors of Urien, Alex, Karin, and R. Mika coming back as characters would be pretty cool, especially since we haven't seen Karin or R. Mika since the Alpha days. If the rumor is true, 12 of the potential 16 characters have been revealed, unless they're the supposed 4 DLC/Unlockable characters. I would also love to see what new characters Street Fighter V will have. Seeing Necalli is making me really curious to see what other kinds of fighters Capcom can put in.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. Yeah, the game is heavily hinted at being AFTER SF III games. Now, I highly doubt Yang is coming back immediately, same for guys like Twelve, Necro, etc. Besides, if they were gonna put Yang in, they'd put Yun in. If they could only do 1, they would put Rufus, who was supposed to be a similar playstyle to the two of them in one character.

Now, Capcom has stated that characters would be release for free in replacement of iterations, so the initial 16 will most likely be bevied by more quickly. We're most likely going to see more Illuminati characters, but from what we've seen, Necro and Twelve don't really fit with what's going on over there quite yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I don't particularly think that Twelve or Necro will make it into the roster since they're not particularly the most popular or even the most used characters in SF III. Yang's just one of my favorite Street Fighter characters, but if they wanted a character with his and Yun's style it would be Rufus...but I don't like Rufus. xP

I would like to see Gill's, and the Illuminati's, interaction with Bison Shadaloo/S.I.N

Honestly, the number 1 character I want back is Juri since I think she was a cool character in both story and gameplay. C. Viper is close runner up in who I want too...

I see a distinct lack of Oro, shame on you all :P:

Of all the stuff in the wonderful info dump (thanks), the thing I'm most excited about. . .is the stun bar.

Another question do you think Guile will be in? If its going to be influenced heavily by SFIII then he might not be I don't recall him being in that game.

With how Charlie changed up and how popular Guile is, I could see him coming in.

I see a distinct lack of Oro, shame on you all :P:

firstoro.jpg

Oh wait the character.. Yeah that guy was weird :P:

Guile has a distinct chance, but I really couldn't say. From a competitive view, he's petty viable, but outside American and parts of Europe...nobody really cares about Guile much..

As far as Oro goes, I don't really see him coming back. Most of the 3rd Strike Cast seems to have been mostly sidelined and even it appears 3rd Strike may have been retconned,,,

With how Charlie changed up and how popular Guile is, I could see him coming in.

Guile has a distinct chance, but I really couldn't say. From a competitive view, he's petty viable, but outside American and parts of Europe...nobody really cares about Guile much..

I should hope so or it will be a sad day for all the family men out there.

I honestly think Guile might come back.

Pretty sure most of the people are aware that Charlie ain't a charge character anymore, so Guile might come back and be the resident charge character, though, I don't know how they'll handle charge characters in SFV's more fast paced action

However, we do already have Charlie, and Alex is basically a given if you take into account the hidden Alex billboard in SFxTekken. I don't think they'll want so many American Chars even though Charlie seems to represent Egypt this time around. I do feel Guile will be in at some point though.

Well to be fair, most ppl got axed in SFIII at first. With the model they have planned, they're a ton of room for them to leave ppl out and fill in the blanks later, so we'll see.

As far as Oro goes, I don't really see him coming back. Most of the 3rd Strike Cast seems to have been mostly sidelined and even it appears 3rd Strike may have been retconned,,,

Oro was in all of the SF3 games!

Still, if the events are after SF3, he might've dropped dead from old age.

in which case I'll take Remy, despite him being retconned out :P: