Street Fighter V Thread

Randoman

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not both? Such nobility, such fab~

Would anyone like to partake in a get together/skype call day 1 in the evening where we can all play each other? (American time :v) If enough people are interested, I would love to start a community here on SF, and extended it to other fighters as well.

Hello there!

I don't know if you guys know but Capcom released informations about its "Planning Service" for SFV.

Check this link for more details : http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/02/11/sfv-character-story-costumes-and-new-mode-details

I'm kind of disappoint that we don't get the In-Game Shop and Trial Mode at the launch but that's not too bad.

Have a nice day!

New characters every month until September. Nice. Hopefully they tease the 2nd wave of characters around then anyway.

Hmmm debating waiting to buy this until the "super" or "ultra" edition comes out. I know Capcom said they wouldn't but you know they've kinda done it with every SF so far.

The game being so barren at release isn't the most ideal, but given that the upcoming modes(and even characters) don't have to be paid extra for, it doesn't actually annoy me too much

Would anyone like to partake in a get together/skype call day 1 in the evening where we can all play each other? (American time :v) If enough people are interested, I would love to start a community here on SF, and extended it to other fighters as well.

Unfortunately I'm really busy tomorrow so I won't have much time to play it right away; a SFV community here in general would be cool though especially since I'm using this a game as a jumping-on point to the series(my time with Alpha 3 was so negligible I don't count it)

Hmmm debating waiting to buy this until the "super" or "ultra" edition comes out. I know Capcom said they wouldn't but you know they've kinda done it with every SF so far.

All evidence so far of how they're handling the game says otherwise, even ignoring that they straight up said they wouldn't and that at this point it would only be detrimental if they did

99% sure you can rule that out basically

Unfortunately I'm really busy tomorrow so I won't have much time to play it right away; a SFV community here in general would be cool though especially since I'm using this a game as a jumping-on point to the series(my time with Alpha 3 was so negligible I don't count it)

Aw sweet, good to hear :D Excited to try out any of the returning Alpha chars?

Anyways I'm gonna be out playing this with friends tonight, but maybe later in the night I'll poke around to see if anyone wants to play some matches~

I got this today and really enjoyed playing. The lack of Arcade/CPU Vs is weird, but I still had fun. I'm enjoying Laura more than any other character. Her design's fun, her personality's fun, and her voice is fun. She's just a fun character.

I've been seeing a lot of negative feedback about the lack of content at launch, with people complaining that the game was rushed to release before it was finished for tourney practice season. Now I'm not arguing for or against these complaints(though I would like to have some of those extra modes before March), it's clear that Capcom is prioritizing the competitive market over the more casual market(where I'd be) and I'm not qualified to say if that was the best option for them or not.

I am confused about the sudden surge of these complaints though. Wasn't it clarified before the game was released what modes would be missing and when they would be released? Or was it not known that there wouldn't be an arcade mode(the most common complaint)? If the latter is true then yeah I guess I'm upset too, if not then I'm still confused as to why the giant backlash train didn't show up sooner. EDIT: Oh yeah CPU vs too. That one I'm upset about either way.

Edited by DavidSW

Geeze, 60 bucks for an unfinished game and 30 bucks for season pass. And the season pass contains 6 characters (old characters no less) together with their premium costumes which means 5 bucks for a character. What a sick joke. Crapcom strikes again but this time, I am not surprised by any mean.

Pass. May be one year later when the game is fully released AND on sale, I may consider it. For now, even the vanilla MK X and DOA5LR have double the amount of contents AND better gameplay than this nostalgia comedy.

Edited by Magical CC

kind of sad to see how the game has taken a hit from the casual community although understandable. Capcom released this earlier than expected to get it ready for tourney season. Took the hit from casal community for competitive community. Probably wasn't the best idea. Have heard for competitive players it's quite good. game is too expensive right now for me but maybe one day.

kind of sad to see how the game has taken a hit from the casual community although understandable. Capcom released this earlier than expected to get it ready for tourney season. Took the hit from casal community for competitive community. Probably wasn't the best idea. Have heard for competitive players it's quite good. game is too expensive right now for me but maybe one day.

I'm a hardcore casual who hates online but I enjoy playing this game. It's probably because I have family who likes SF so I have people to play with.

I'd totally be open to playing with people here eventually, but I admit the first time I'd ever touched our PS4 was when we got this, so I'm probably not used to things

• 2 weeks later...

So how've people thought about the game? I am unable to play it still because (I don't have a PS4 and my computer isn't powerful lmao).

I've seen quite a few cool matches though from people on youtube, it looks like a really fun game.

Yeah, I've enjoyed the game, haven't been playing much cause I'm more of a local co-op guy ._. Online seems pretty good tho, sans problems with server disconnections.

For me the coolest thing about it is that a lot of the characters are fun to pick up and play, which surprised me cause I only like playing as, like 2 chars in SFIV.

I enjoy the game!

The gameplay is top notch and really "easy" to take on even for new VS Game players which is really a plus.

As Gemma said the whole cast is fun to play! (I never thought I would enjoy playing Dhalsim)

However the game still have some problems especially Online (Server Disconnection, Lobby, Rollback...)

And the Solo content is still needing Mode (Extra Battle, Target, Challenge and Battle Tips).

A lack of content that I forget because of the Capcom Fighter Network Replay. There is so much to watch and learn from other player!

SFV is great. Of course, that's only my opinion as a Street Fighter Average Player.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

It's been a long time since this post was active.

I'll just dump the news here : http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/24/sfv-march-update---release-date-and-new-details

I'd say that's pretty good news.

I just don't get it why they don't want to do the "Free Trial Version" for DLC Characters a real thing.

Like you get to test out a character for like 2-3 days and then have to purchase her/him in the shop.

But we'll see in the future.

Have a nice day.

It's nice how they're dealing with their problem with zenny. Heck, I wasn't even gonna get Alex, I might just give him a spin now though~

Here's hoping the challenge mode proves to be a good tutorial. In particular I think it's exciting having character tutorials, I think a lot of the characters are fun to play but it's nice to get a good idea of what to actually do with them. I don't mind going online to read up on chars I play frequently, but it's cool having in game resources to learn the basics of everyone.

Waiting patiently for Guile tho ;_;

• 4 weeks later...

Guile's trailer has been uploaded:

Am I the only one that thinks Alex is Guile in the trailer because he's wearing green and Guile isn't despite green being his traditional outfit colour? I mean watching that trailer, I'm thinking "why is Guile getting beaten on so badly in his own trailer? Oh wait, Guile is the one that isn't in green."

Am I the only one that thinks Alex is Guile in the trailer because he's wearing green and Guile isn't despite green being his traditional outfit colour? I mean watching that trailer, I'm thinking "why is Guile getting beaten on so badly in his own trailer? Oh wait, Guile is the one that isn't in green."

I didn't thought that because his Sunglasses were too shiny.

For more info about Guile : http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/04/18/guile-joins-street-fighter-v-and-april-update-news

• 2 months later...