RageFest Gaiden Chapter [uncomplete]

MrNight48

Gonna need testers probably later on tonight.

why am I posting this so without the hack itself ready?

To force my ass to finish it to the point it is ready for testing. Good lord I went overboard

Possible Shit I need testing

- Mostly gameplay and if it works in rain/sand/true path

- If the "Bosses" are working properly, will tell the testers in a pm about the details later

- The map changes go off correctly and if the player has enough time to reach the end

- The difficulty, this is a bit iffy because I am not sure how much wiggle room I should give to the player

- If Eilwood and lyn can walk on water tiles

Anyway coming soon sometime today or very late at night

Edit: I hate how long this took me to to get it playable

without further ado

Edit (i am a fucking tired idiot):

version 1.4

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa1pmn1pld11ot2/A_FairyTale_Ragefest_v1.4.ups

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6kax1c67avvb2o/A%20FairyTale%20Ragefest%20v1.4.ups?dl=0

old version

that is the real one, the last one I forgot to give it the .ups extension

There is No text so all I can say is try stuff out unless you get stuck on the boss, pm for that.

Also note, sadly each path has pretty much the same enemies for now, but that is what testing is for too.

This is an FE7 mod

Credits and stuff I used so far:

Eventiel

FeUniverse for answering questions

Nightmare

Tiled

FEditor

Event Assembler

Serenes Forest

edit again: the black tiles are on purpose, they will change after a certain number of turns on the rain and true path. sand path gets nothing

Edited by MrNight48

This means a lot guys T-T

almost done, will most likely have it out in the morning due being on the verge of passing out but here is stuff i need to do before I throw it out here

- finish all events - 70% done, rest has more to do with giving the player shit, AI changing and Reinforcements + placing

- Scripting- bare bones of what to do, jokes will be added later

- Nightmare changes - Doing that now

- Forcast planning - you guys may end up testing this one as well.

- Generic Unit Surge of Rage Mechanic - will code that in the morning

Shit that got cut cause I ran out of time

- Serra the immortal cameo, sorry moniker

- Super bosses, instead they will just get better gear

- Custom Portraits of the bandit Brothers: Batta the Rocking beast, Damas the Rap Legend, Bazba the King of Soul (but the epic sax music in his conversation is top priority) and Bone the J-Pop star

- Custom Portraits for all characters, instead mostly recycled crap ones I made

- Custom Sprites will emotions, fuck that shit

- Custom Animations, fuck that shit too

- Demo of new game mechanic if true path was beaten, will just show off that later

- Different Music, most likely will get cut

- Edit jokes, depends

- Completely different enemies for sand and true path, will balance for rain path and then tweak for each path

- Super Sayian Glass with custom dbz animation, that may change to a stick figure with yellow hair

- Sandman mechanic, thats only going to happen once in all paths instead of random in sand path

- Draug portrait, player will just have to roll with it

Edited by MrNight48

I all honesty, that sounds like... that sounds like enough stuff to just finish working on it at your own pace and release for Ragefest Gaiden. That's what I'm planning to do for the Generic War sequel... whenever the hell that will be started.

I all honesty, that sounds like... that sounds like enough stuff to just finish working on it at your own pace and release for Ragefest Gaiden. That's what I'm planning to do for the Generic War sequel... whenever the hell that will be started.

I kind of want to do that too but honestly I don't want to design for ragefest on this kind of scale ever again. the next time marc is getting a small map with 5 turns to survive the hardest waves to make it super easy on myself to code it and jam it with jokes.

anyway

after I decide the forcast for a certain number of turns, will release it so yall can help me test/balance it. will spend tomorrow scripting and re balancing. So with 6 players this is perfect because I need 2 testers for each path, who will test

The Rain path

the Sand path

The True Path

feel free to test them all if you have time.

Edited by MrNight48

Someone say Pain Path?

Are you looking at my event file? cause thats what I named the true path

Anyway it is up, sorry for letting only a day for testing.

Here is how to get each path

Rain path: Save the village in the mountains

Sand Path: Allow batta to have his rock concert or die in the first 3 turns

True Path: Murder Batta

Things to now cause I didn't script it in yet:

What you see is what you get rule: all enemy units use the weapon their map icon shows so less inventory checking

however I buffed Slim-Silver/ hand axe weapons to exaggerate them a bit

Swords - weakest but highest crit/ lowest con for more doubling

lances - moderate power and con, highest hit of them all

Axes - heavy and very inaccurate but highest power of them all.

Bows - Flat damage, all luna effect except longbow and poison bow. All bow classes have no str or str growth because of this

other weapons were left alone except a special few

Magic and staffs were left alone

Luck based blades:

Iron and steel blade, use ONLY WHEN YOU FEEL ITS LUCK BASED (yes it has buffed devil reversal lol)

Short spear - luna effect

Excalibur - Eclipse + nos effect

Fim tome - nos effect

Poison bow - Eclipse effect

Silver Blade - Luna effect, players sure fire way to kill the bosses

other than that, report on what turns have bugs and such, pm if you get super stuck

imma go take a massive break for a bit @_@

imma go take a massive break for a bit @_@

No breaks, only work. (Just kidding go take a break I bet you are working hard.)

Ummm also its not letting me download the patch, is there a drop box download you have?

Edited by scott99

No breaks, only work. (Just kidding go take a break I bet you are working hard.)

Ummm also its not letting me download the patch, is there a drop box download you have?

eh, be right back, will upload it in many places just in case

edit:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ye57gqa2uzc053/A_FairyTale_RAGEFEST.ups

forgot the .ups extension :/:

Edited by MrNight48

What rom does it patch to? A vanilla fe7 rom isn't working for me.

Actually, what file format is this?I assumed ups but maybe not?

Fe7 rom, the first file I emailed you was wrong, I refixed it and sent it again

I began playing before reading anything since last time I posted (wow so zealous, etc) and took the sand path. I patched it using the one in the PM and it seemingly works fine aside from some blank tiles on the map (maybe intentional?), but I'll re-patch it just in case. I sent you some stuff on the PM.

Edited by Alusq

I began playing before reading anything since last time I posted (wow so zealous, etc) and took the sand path. I patched it using the one in the PM and it seemingly works fine aside from some blank tiles on the map (maybe intentional?), but I'll re-patch it just in case. I sent you some stuff on the PM.

ty for the feedback

In the morning will send out another patch fixing the blades, lyn needs to be able to use them and also will be fixing certain events, sandpath is currently broken due to not having sandstorm+ fog but instead has rain and its rain events.

Oh also in true path when you use the building ring it resets the magic stat to C

Also there is an HP glitch where the enemy hits and he HP is shown as going up, and then doesn't do any damage and keeps at the same health.

Oh and if a village vets attacked then it gives you game over screen, even if you have already visited the village

Edited by scott99

Oh also in true path when you use the building ring it resets the magic stat to C

Also there is an HP glitch where the enemy hits and he HP is shown as going up, and then doesn't do any damage and keeps at the same health.

Oh and if a village vets attacked then it gives you game over screen, even if you have already visited the village

noted. The village part is intended, you must leave a unit to defend it. (recommended is fiora but feel free to test these limits)

will be re-patching and uploading after I fix some stuff and rebalance things.