Ballistician and Witch Class Outfits!

KaceytronIRL

Well... men can't be witches in real life too.

Witch is often used as a female-only term, but it's not unheard of for it to be used in a gender-neutral sense.

Of course, Ballisticians being male only is even more ridiculous. Especially since it means that while characters can access bonus classes using swords, lances, axes, tomes, or kunai regardless of gender, only male characters can access a bow-using bonus class.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yep. It just doesn't make much sense:

"We're making all previous gender-exclusive classes neutral! Now let's introduce a couple more gender-exclusive classes."

Witch is often used as a female-only term, but it's not unheard of for it to be used in a gender-neutral sense.

Of course, Ballisticians being male only is even more ridiculous. Especially since it means that while characters can access bonus classes using swords, lances, axes, tomes, or kunai regardless of gender, only male characters can access a bow-using bonus class.

Witches give access to dark magic in any magic using class. Of course, that won't have much of a point if they don't introduce more dark tomes.

It's kind of odd that the known witch animations show them using a lantern for her spells, rather than tomes or paper sheets though...

Edited by NeonZ

Dang, these both look amazing. I'm probably the only one who feels this way but I'd love Ishtar to be the witch representative- mostly because I want to see re-done artwork of her. :U Its reasonable that these are gender-locked, but I can't help but wish I could have an awesome male witch.

Witches give access to dark magic in any magic using class. Of course, that won't have much of a point if they don't introduce more dark tomes...

It's kind of odd that the known witch animations show them using a lantern for her spells, rather than tomes or paper sheets though...

Witch does have skills available outside of the class, but it also lacks the unique non-skill characteristics Ballistician has. So I don't see that part as too unbalanced one way or the other. But for practical concerns, weapon access is pretty big. Any character with access to any of the five other main offensive weapon types can jump to Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon and keep their weapon levels, but bow users are currently left without any options like that. Ballistician will add an option for male bow users, but not female ones.

I'm a tad bit disappointed that these classes are gender locked myself. I'd love to give Shadow Gift to my Avatar and other male characters, even if Nosferatu isn't all that amazing this time around.

However, I'm not that upset. This is a huge step up from the accidentally sexist Dread Fighter and Bride combo. But I could go one for hours and hours about what I didn't like about the bride class.

We still have Dread Fighters in this game do we not?

FE games of late sure have been giving lots of love to Gaiden, not that i'm complaining.

We still have Dread Fighters in this game do we not?

I didn't hate the Dread Fighter.

I hated that male characters got the Dread Fighter while female characters got the Bride. It was an unfortunate, extreme example of gender roles. And besides, the bride class was just plain stupid aside from that anyway.

Edited by Zachmac

I wonder if these classes will have generic portrait counterparts. Can only imagine what the Ballistician will look like.

Its been shown that Generic Units can promote to Dread fighter, and Dark Flier, no word on if Boss units can do the same.

While the portrait stays the same for reclassed Generic Units, their head model does indeed change.

When I see Lazward standing on top of that tank I keep thinking, "Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"

Edited by Seifus

When I see Lazward standing on top of that tank I keep thinking, "Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"

Lord Commissar Lazward!!???

I can only imagine what sort of death animations Ballisticians will have. I mean...damn is that thing going to explode?

Lord Commissar Lazward!!???

I can only imagine what sort of death animations Ballisticians will have. I mean...damn is that thing going to explode?

Probably. Puppets do.

[inserts slightly out of place Ghost Division Lyrics here]

...so the real question is how limited are these classes going to be?

Dreads and Dark Fliers are locked down.

I suppose I'll still be able to do logbook shenanigans with 'em...

Literally my first thoughts on the Ballistician class:

ApDdb25.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. In my first post in this thread, I mentioned how it reminded me of TTGL.

Wha-, they are gender locked ? What gives ?
Well, that make sense, since Witches can't be male... I think ? I remember reading somewhere that witches weren't necessarily female...

Witches give access to dark magic in any magic using class. Of course, that won't have much of a point if they don't introduce more dark tomes.

Are we sure it's only to magic using classed ? What if Shadowgift allowed the use of dark magic, no matter the class ?
Still useless since there is only on Dark Tome, and it's fairly useless, but still.

They'll probably just fall off like they do with the horses and wyvers.

But they're actually inside of it during the battle. They only stand on top as their victory animations.

Are we sure it's only to magic using classed ? What if Shadowgift allowed the use of dark magic, no matter the class ?

Still useless since there is only on Dark Tome, and it's fairly useless, but still.

Not workable. It didn't do that before, it wouldn't give the class weapon levels to work with, and it'd make several classes have access to four weapon types when the stats screen only has room to display three.