Ballistician and Witch Class Outfits!

KaceytronIRL

First thing I thought when I saw the Ballistician, "Where can I get one! I want a tank!" The witch also looks pretty nice too. (Oh no, now I want to see if I can recreate Deneb from Ogre Battle as a witch...)

Originally, I was not going to pay much attention to these two classes, but now after actually seeing them, I want to incorporate them into my playthroughs. I hope Jake returns as the Ballistician character and have another character represent the Witch class.

Although, if it is on the cartridge, that is something to be weary of. While I bought all the DLC for Awakening, they were more on the "ripoff" side of things for their cost. All I can hope for is that Fire Emblem improves their DLC practices (like the amazing deals for Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Brothers, and the like).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Micaiah is going to be the Witch? Out of all previous Lords and other important characters from previous games she is the one the fit the witch class the most, and she did have Shadowgift in Awakening.

Maybe Micaiah is going to be the Witch? Out of all previous Lords and other important characters from previous games she is the one the fit the witch class the most, and she did have Shadowgift in Awakening.

Witch comes from Fire Emblem Gaiden though. If they go with an existing character for it, I'd guess it'll be either Celica (like how Alm took over Dreadfighter in Awakening even though it wasn't his class originally), Sonia or Dyute (these last two are witches when enemies, but then join your party as mages originally).

Anyway, considering how these classes are already in-game, I really hope these DLCs are actually fully featured. Introduce new weapons for these classes, like more dark magic for the witches, or actually fully fleshed out characters, rather than restricted ones that can't use most of the My Castle features.

Edited by NeonZ

Will we even be seeing a lord represent the class? That may of just been an Awakening gimmick because it was all about crossing over with previous games(hence weapons like Roy's Blade, Wolt's Bow, or Ephraim's Lance).

Witch comes from Fire Emblem Gaiden though. If they go with an existing character for it, I'd guess it'll be either Celica (like how Alm took over Dreadfighter in Awakening even though it wasn't his class originally), Sonia or Dyute (these last two are witches when enemies, but then join your party as mages originally).

Anyway, considering how these classes are already in-game, I really hope these DLCs are actually fully featured. Introduce new weapons for these classes, like more dark magic for the witches, or actually fully fleshed out characters, rather than restricted ones.

Even so, I really can't imagine Celica as witch, I just doesn't fit her, but maybe the

The Witch character is going to be Shemnei, if my theory that you will recieve the classes from be Invisible History DLC is correct, but it's unlikely, since there's no Invisible character that fits the Ballistican class

Will we even be seeing a lord represent the class? That may of just been an Awakening gimmick because it was all about crossing over with previous games(hence weapons like Roy's Blade, Wolt's Bow, or Ephraim's Lance).

Well since Miverna is going that special Pegasus Knight class, I thought the same would hold true for Witch and Ballistican. Edited by Water Mage

The Witch and Ballistician classes are described as "Outrealm classes", like Lodestar and such, and they are older classes, so they likely will have older characters associated with them in the actual DLC. I just hope they're actually fully integrated into the game, rather than treated like streetpass extras, like Minerva. They don't need to be completely fully featured. I wouldn't care if they don't have Amie, but allow them to be compatible with the My Castle features otherwise since they'd just need text and some data for that.

Edited by NeonZ

If Jake is going to be the Ballistican, then maybe he and Anna are recruited at together, we still don't how to get Anna, right?

But since Anna's class is Merchant you most likely won't get Witch through them, so maybe the Witch character is going to join with someone someone else? But what pair would fit? Maybe Alm and Celica?

Edited by Water Mage

Being cartridge locked is just a matter of implementation. It benefits people who would to hack to get them and gives those people less reason to buy it but for anyone else it's the same content available whether or not you buy it. It doesn't matter.

I'd be irrationally hype for Sonia

What the hell is driving that tank? Magic?

Both classes feel have Nohr-like feel to them, wonder if we will get Hoshido-style DLC classes as well?

It's mentioned in New Mystery, IIRC, that the tank thingamajigs run on some sort of oil.

Edited by L95

Well, I was messing around with stats and whatnot, so I made a small chart comparing a base class to the DLC ones.

[spoiler=Click Me!]

Name HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Rank Total Stats (No HP)

Witch 50 25 36 27 34 28 26 29 Tome S 205

Sorcerer 50 25 35 26 29 26 29 33 Tome S 203

Exorcist 45 25 33 31 32 27 25 31 Tome A Staff B 204

Ballistician 50 39 25 31 25 32 27 26 Bow B 205

Holy Bowman 55 31 25 35 33 30 31 28 Bow S 213

Berserker 70 40 25 32 33 25 27 25 Axe S 207

Witch = Better Offense (High Speed & S Tomes [Keep in mind that 35 Speed is the cap for speedy classes like Trueblade and Elite Ninja])

Sorcerer = Wizard Tank (High Def and Res)

Exorcist = General Spellcaster (Tome and Staff Access, High Skill, Lower HP)

Ballistician = Specialized Unit, High Strength! (Berserkers, the STR class, have 40 as their max.)

Holy Bowman = Best Bowman

Berserker = Just there for comparison for a build (see later)

I wonder if the Ballistician can still be used as a makeshift tank for fun and novelty, even though the stats suggest otherwise. If the Speed problem is accounted for, maybe it can work...

[spoiler=Build Ideas]Ballistician "Frontline Unit" Build

== Unit: Preferably a unit with High Speed

== Pair Up: Highly recommended, either more speed or DEF & RES

- Sol (For Survivability // Brave Hero)

- Automatic Turret ("Free Attack" // Ballistician)

- Gentle Blade (Speed +3, Defence -1 // Lodestar)

- Speed Drain (+2 Speed upon enemy kill, Max 10 Bonus // Lodestar)

- Proximity Shot (Allows for 1 Range attacks for Bows // Proximity Shot, item)

Ballistician "Tank" Build
== Unit: Preferably a unit with high DEF and RES

== Pair Up: Highly recommended, would like more DEF & RES

- Sol (For Survivability // Brave Hero)

- Defense Formation (Survivability // General)
- Pavise or Aegis (Survivability)

- Automatic Turret ("Free Attack" // Ballistician)

- Proximity Shot (Allows for 1 Range attacks for Bows // Proximity Shot, item)

I wonder how they got the AR codes to unlock them then...

Is there like a release date for these two classes, or any other info other than these images/videos?

Edited by Xanek

Is there like a release date for these two classes, or any other info other than these images/videos?

It's theoretically easy to make your own AR codes. You just need to dump the RAM (easily possible on 9.2 and lower 3DSes).

However not many people have the right combination of tools and knowledge. Like I don't have a Japanese 3DS and copy of Fates : P

...And why aren't we seeing more complaints about cartridge-locked DLC?

Also, ballistas=/=tanks. Just...WTF?

The Witch looks flashy, but it seems like the P2W class of the two... all other mages are obsolete (and please tell me it's Witch/Warlock and not gender restricted).

Because they are really cool references to past Fire Emblems and we don't know if its spot pass or something for sure. But even then a few bucks for ye olden cool classes? Including one we never had true access to in FE2?

Pretty hype.

It was just an AR code that sticks all classes into the Parallel Proof window. Things like Water Familiar and Invisible Dragon were available as well.

It was just an AR code that sticks all classes into the Parallel Proof window. Things like Water Familiar and Invisible Dragon were available as well.

Oooh.... but nothing datamined showing when it would be released? <_<;

I know some games have release dates in the files.

Edited by Xanek

Dang, so are they really gender locked? Witch's caps just seems better than sorceror despite having lower defenses, and I don't want my male magic units to be considered suboptimal because they can't be witches.

Dang, so are they really gender locked? Witch's caps just seems better than sorceror despite having lower defenses, and I don't want my male magic units to be considered suboptimal because they can't be witches.

Well... men can't be witches in real life too.