Ballistician and Witch Class Outfits!

KaceytronIRL

I'm a tad bit disappointed that these classes are gender locked myself. I'd love to give Shadow Gift to my Avatar and other male characters, even if Nosferatu isn't all that amazing this time around.

However, I'm not that upset. This is a huge step up from the accidentally sexist Dread Fighter and Bride combo. But I could go one for hours and hours about what I didn't like about the bride class.

Can't you just buy the Shadow Gift skill from a Female avatar?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally my first thoughts on the Ballistician class:

ApDdb25.jpg

That's what it looked like to me too. I was expecting a huge bow or something, not a badass tank. Not complaining of course.

I really like the witch design. A S rank in tomes? Heck yes. The lamp on the belt looks great. Don't really like how huge the hat seems in the second witch picture though.

Edited by Yuina

Once again, those of us with testosterone get the short end of the stick, don't remind me about Sorceror and Dread Fighter

But on the other hand, the estrogen brigade shall never experience the magnificence of riding a tank and making badass armfolds.

Edited by Water Mage

While I'm none to happy with the apparent availability of explosives (why don't they just invent guns then?), that Ballistician looks pretty cool. And I think I prefer the Witch to Sorcerer (though I do like the vague Egyptian vibe I get from the Sorcerer). I just hope they don't change the name to something like "Curse Lady" (they really hit us over the head with the whole 'curse' thing in Awakening, as opposed to the practice of plain ol' dark magic).

As far as who'll be the Ballistician, I'm betting on Jake. As for the Witch, it is possible that they'll turn Celica into one, much like Alm was turned into a Dread Fighter.

I saw the videos on 4chan of characters promoting to the classes, and noticed that the one promoting to a witch was originally Ike's class (Vanguard). Does that mean the Amiibo classes are gender neutral too? And that we can reclass into them?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the fact that they 'unlocked' the DLC classes, I suppose there's nothing from stopping them from hacking in the other classes too. So... nevermind?

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

But on the other hand, the estrogen brigade shall never experience the magnificence of riding a tank and making badass armfolds.

I love that my avatar can be a witch, but my magic oriented future husband and my 2 magic oriented male children are crying they can't be magiczerkers.

Jake DLC was literally the first thing I thought about when Ballistician was announced.

I'd be irrationally hype for Sonia

Me too. That would be really amazing.

EDIT :

First thing I thought when I saw the Ballistician, "Where can I get one! I want a tank!" The witch also looks pretty nice too. (Oh no, now I want to see if I can recreate Deneb from Ogre Battle as a witch...)

Originally, I was not going to pay much attention to these two classes, but now after actually seeing them, I want to incorporate them into my playthroughs. I hope Jake returns as the Ballistician character and have another character represent the Witch class.

Although, if it is on the cartridge, that is something to be weary of. While I bought all the DLC for Awakening, they were more on the "ripoff" side of things for their cost. All I can hope for is that Fire Emblem improves their DLC practices (like the amazing deals for Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Brothers, and the like).

Deneb THE Witch <3, and a Witch are completely different. As different as pumpkin and squatch ! Do you understand how different they are ? Don't get confused !

Witch does have skills available outside of the class, but it also lacks the unique non-skill characteristics Ballistician has. So I don't see that part as too unbalanced one way or the other. But for practical concerns, weapon access is pretty big. Any character with access to any of the five other main offensive weapon types can jump to Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon and keep their weapon levels, but bow users are currently left without any options like that. Ballistician will add an option for male bow users, but not female ones.

But female already have one more bow option than males thanks to War Miko, so it actually even things out.

Edited by Tamanoir