How do I rename a chapter's name in FE8?

RandomSwordmaster

If I recall correctly, the chapter titles in FE8 are actually graphics. You'll have to find the old ones and change the titles in them, assuming that I'm remembering right.

(Admittedly, it's been several years since I last worked on a project using FE8, so I might be misremembering.)

Edited by Lord Glenn

Where before it was just a quick search/replace in feditor, now I have to do a bunch of gbage hunting to find it (In a rom where I know nothing about data positions) then I have to cobble each chapter title together individually letter by letter with the font image (Which I don't have and will also have to hunt down). So no, that's not a smidgen, that's an order of magnitude more tedious. Especially since the only reason they added it was for extra punctuation support. Yay we can add exclamation points into our titles! But at what cost?

But at what cost.

you could also do the chapter names in FE7 with FEditor and then screenshot those chapter titles (with appropriate layer disabling)

I went through the pain of drawing all of my titles

The good thing is that you can add little icons or drawings in the titles as well since they're graphics. Like, I'll probably make a couple icons to distinguish between Faratrass' and Shiori's routes.

Here's some documentation for the gbage offsets if you want it.

GBAGE FE8.txt

I went through the pain of drawing all of my titles

The good thing is that you can add little icons or drawings in the titles as well since they're graphics. Like, I'll probably make a couple icons to distinguish between Faratrass' and Shiori's routes.

Here's some documentation for the gbage offsets if you want it.

attachicon.gifGBAGE FE8.txt

Alfred Kamon/10