The things that you don't like about this game?

PuffPuff

So far...

Things have been nerfed that used to be godsend in Awakening...

Aether-It only activates healing and half defensive hits with the probability with your skill.

Luna-It only now does half defensive hits with the given probability of your skill.

Power+ skills now nerf your speed.

You can no longer crit, double attk and Dark Gift users can no longer use Nosferatu.

Fire tomes can no longer crit.

Defensive stats lowers whenever an Excalibur tome is used.

Thoron is Robin only now.

Bronze weapons can no longer trigger skills.

Silver weapons decrease crit evasion and stats are reduced.

Slaying weapons no longer work on foes who aren't of that particular class that these weapon does triple damage on.

Levin Swords/Bolt Axes can no longer crit.

Brave weapons lowers your defenses by 4 whenever used.

Javalins/Hand Axes are the one things you want to stay away from now.

(Cannot double attack, enemy’s ability to double attack +5, cannot trigger critical hits or special skills.)

Spears/Tomahawks let you use skills...but you have a chance at getting doubled by foes as this gives your foes +5 to having a chance at double attacking you.

Blessed weapons now lowers Def and Res by 3.

Steel weapons now lowers double attacking down by 3.

Heal uses have lowered by 10.

Mend uses have lowered by 5.

Physic uses have lowered by 5.

Fortify uses have lowered by 3.

Can't double attack with Dragonstones. Not that you really ever could for their high weights.

Beastones lowers your defenses by 3 whenever used. Not that I ever used Panne/Violet anyway. :/

Elixirs no longer fully restore HP.

Narga's Tear changed to Divine herb which only permanently raises all stats by 1.

Boots only raises Mov by 1.

Dark Pegs can no longer change class alone. An item is required now. Making it DLC only is good now...I suppose. =)

The DLC's All Stats Skill only is +1 now.

Sword skills now only have half a chance to do their thing. 0.5%

Counter isn't nerfed. It was broken last game. -.-

Lethality is even worse. Not that it was ever good to begin with.

Aggressor's power has been lowered by 3.

Pavise and Aegis is tied to only Nohr and it only does it's thing with 50%.

Demiselle has been nerfed which no longer increases evasion on men which only gives off 2 extra defense

Charm is amiibo only. ...And it no longer increases evasion.

Aether is Ike only.

Solidary, Ignis and Rally Spectrum are all Robin only and have been nerfed by half except for Solidary.

These only put the point of adding challenge to the games as well as having to come up with new strategies. ...And because of the nerfing, Lunatic modes will be even more dangerous.

Edited by Princess_Florina

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They removed unique icons for items.

That a male corrin gets loses a child unit by marrying first gen

Magic weapons excluding Leon's Cold Sword let skills activate

Rinka's fake abs

We don't know how to get Anna yet

Hawkeye also has been removed now. Yay!

Galeforce got nerfed a bit. No Guard Attacks+Defense. It needed to be nerfed. Thank you!

Wonder what will happen now whenever sword skills do not do their thing whenever they activate?

If they're to ever give you Dragonskin...it should be tied to only Manaketes.

I'm gonna miss giving my peggies, Aether. *sniff* ;_;

They still have % based skills? Considering they made Code Name S.T.E.A.M., which had special abilities that you could activate manually, I would have figured that they finally realized that skills which you cannot actually control are worthless.

Edited by BrightBow

Well...I'm also thinking that the developers did this with the % activation skills to make the stat that wasn't all that important, or that you usually end up selling your Skill raising items more mandatory. Skill is now equally important as Speed.

The children

The Nohr story

The fact you only get 2 Dread Scrolls and Falcon Feathers

The fact that if you play as a male MU you can't marry and 1st gen character other then Kamuisexuals otherwise, you lose a child

The fact you can only by the basic weapons from other My Castles if they are from the opposite side

Garon, Ganz and Macbeth

Let's See...

No Weapon Durability

No Berserk Staves

Ballistician is DLC Locked

Grind DLC Returning for Nohr (and how this effects game/multiplayer balance)

No changes on Turn Count Restrictions on higher difficulties.

Money DLC is Returning

Eternal Seals

Awakening Expies

Reliance on Third Path for Narrative

Kamui looks to be worse than Robin/Kris

Face Rubbing/ Lewd Content

The characterization of the amiibo.

So far...

Things have been nerfed that used to be godsend in Awakening...

<snipped>

*Gasps at the huge list*. I hope the game isn't a complete disappointment for you :c

Edited by ReaperGuardian

Whoa there. I actually like how everything got nerfed. Radiant Dawn and Awakening were too over-the-top when it comes to skills.

I've been singing praises for the game the whole time, although I do have a few disappointments:

- The whole "male MU prevents a child" issue. I want to collect all characters, but I still want him with Felicia.

- Invisible Kingdom does not feature a playable superset of both sides of characters. I want to collect all characters. I love Radiant Dawn in that aspect.

- Supports are Awakening-styled. I can think of zero reasons why the children can only talk to each other, or why Gunther has nothing to say to Felicia despite being master and apprentice.

I also appreciate that everything got nerfed. It all feels more balanced.

Literally the one thing I'm disappointed about is the Nohr story or the fact that the 3rd route exists.

Edit: Actually I lie. Now that I think about it more, I didn't like the return of children, especially in the manner that it did.

Edited by Hatsuoki

Whoa there. I actually like how everything got nerfed. Radiant Dawn and Awakening were too over-the-top when it comes to skills.

I've been singing praises for the game the whole time, although I do have a few disappointments:

- The whole "male MU prevents a child" issue. I want to collect all characters, but I still want him with Felicia.

- Invisible Kingdom does not feature a playable superset of both sides of characters. I want to collect all characters. I love Radiant Dawn in that aspect.

- Supports are Awakening-styled. I can think of zero reasons why the children can only talk to each other, or why Gunther has nothing to say to Felicia despite being master and apprentice.

Yeah, I was thinking about that yesterday actually; it's such an unnecessary element of the support conversations, and I didn't even like it in Awakening even though it made sense. At least Lucina and Nah could support Tiki, but I would've loved a few more seemingly random supports between the children and non-parents.

And for some reason, Crimson is a kamuisexual, even though she hangs out with Ryouma in the main story.

And for some reason, Crimson is a kamuisexual, even though she hangs out with Ryouma in the main story.

Biggest gripe imo

Rinka's HP/Str growths and lack of unique body model with abs in the hotsprings too

Mostly a positive impression but there are some negative traits.

-The much hyped story was either typical for Hoshido or a complete trainwreck for Nohr.

-Kamui's character

-Children and marriage returning.

-Children, listed again for just how contrived and utterly pointless their existence is.

-Weapon icons not being unique

-Certain weapon penalties being so severe you end up using iron weapons most of the time

-Not being able buy the limited stock weapons of other players

-Kamuisexuals

-Ridiculous class outfits for several female classes (battle panties for everyone!)

The entire plot.

The 'choice'.

MU's crappy personality. Again.
The children. Seriously: Why ? It's stupid. And they are stupid.

From the same pot, the Awakening Expies. IS... what is wrong with you ?

Face rubbing. What's worse, it's actually practical. I guess it can be funny at time. Bah.

Amiibo...

Support dialogue I've seen so far are terrible.

Items icon that are no longer unique. I enjoyed looking at them in older Fire Emblem. :/

No rapunzel hair for MaleKamui, and only one for FemKamui, and it's not even that rapunzel. Seriously, give us some good haircuts. Look at Aqua, Kagerou, and Ryouma. Most of the haircuts we got are stupid.

Don't tell me they're not able to do better than that.

Considering I don't want to ever use the children, I guess I won't have the whole issue with pairing a non-Kamui-sexual with MKamui. But still, it's annoying. :/

Yknow, at one point, we might as well just hack the game to make everyone being able to support anyone, but with no dialogue.

I dunno, I think that everything else, especially gameplay wise, is almost perfect. Yeah.

Edited by B.Leu

Not many issues I have, I like some of the changes the game had, except for the weapons.

- Generic weapon icons

- Crimson only being able to support Kamuielfie

- Jakob / Joker

- Luna gets a generic blue color scheme for the hero promotion

That's about it!

Well...I'm also thinking that the developers did this with the % activation skills to make the stat that wasn't all that important, or that you usually end up selling your Skill raising items more mandatory. Skill is now equally important as Speed.

Bullshit. A few activation rates change nothing. Skill and Luck are still completely worthless while Speed is still absolutely critical and one of the most important, and that'll never change until they revamp the concrete properties of the stats.

---

Most of the nerfs are good, barring ones that make weapons basically unviable. Awakening was broken as fuck and needed a lot of adjustments, and they pulled it off. But there are some issues.

-Outfits, especially for female knights. What the fuck.

-Some map designs are really cool but others are pretty bad, where they lead to really odd and uninteresting gameplay or are far too easy to end in a single turn.

-Certain chapters don't let you save between them.

-Gender locked classes still aren't really gone.

-Personal skills don't seem good enough.

-Weapon icons.

-No kids for married gay couples.

-Soleil.

Just some more:

-The fact that the bisexual options are quite limited(I mean they could have at least had a male and female per version rather then a female in one and a male in the other)

-How so many Touma maps are so gimmicky

-Limited supports for characters

-How all S supports are related to marriage

-Again kids

-Why is Soleil nor a bisexual option?

A few more points

-Smaller cast of characters per route

-Victory conditions in Hoshido are uninteresting

-Generic color pallets for classes. It seriously shouldn't be that hard to give characters unique color pallets for at least their natural promotions.

I don't like how the endings aren't personalized anymore, like how Lon'qu/Maribelle could reform Ferox while his other wives just chilled. Judging by the kantopia, it seems they've went with modular endings where its just cut and paste for an epilogue.

I don't like how the endings aren't personalized anymore, like how Lon'qu/Maribelle could reform Ferox while his other wives just chilled. Judging by the kantopia, it seems they've went with modular endings where its just cut and paste for an epilogue.

Hilarious(ly sad) ending spoilers:

I really want to know why female Kamui became Gunter's advisor after he retired, and what that job entailed.

Hilarious(ly sad) ending spoilers:

I really want to know why female Kamui became Gunter's advisor after he retired, and what that job entailed.

What the fuck?