The things that you don't like about this game?

PuffPuff

Haven't played the game, so hopefully everything won't be too bad, but a lot of my concerns seemed to be shared with others and have already been posted.

-Some of the penalties that accompany some of the weapons feel like a bit much. Certain ones just feel flat-out unusable now.

-I'm a guy and I'd like a male Kanna.

-I actually love having Odin, Luna, and Lazward back, but the Tharja, Gaius, and Cordelia clones are wtf.

-The hairstyles for Kamui for both genders are hideous, but Femui has better options.

-Children returning and the bullshit excuse for having them.

-Having to marry a Kamui-sexual just to have all the children if you play as a male. Even though I hate the children, I'm a completionist and I'd really like to have all characters in one playthrough. I guess it's a good thing I'm planning on waifuing Flora and Anna at some point.

-Zero and Shara being the only gay options. I think Zero is fine, but Silas>>>>>>>>>

-The Hoshido siblings not being blood-related. Like, what the fuck? That's one of the major selling points of the game and they basically throw that out the window just to build up your waifu/husbando brigade. I would've liked if they prevented us from marrying the Nohr siblings as well, but I guess I can let that one slide, since they're not really kin.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Zero and Shara being the only gay options. I think Zero is fine, but Silas>>>>>>>>>

I said in another thread that it would've been nice to have Silas and Azura as gay options, and apparently F!Kamui x Azura was a thing during development because Shigure and M!Kanna had a sibling support with each other.

Edited by I love fire emblem

I suppose the counters aren't too bad if they're enemy turn only. I still don't like the auto advantage it will bring online though. The lack of skin color options didn't exactly urk me until I realized:

-Kamui isn't related to any of his "siblings"

-We have no idea what Anakos looks like
-It would have been incredibly easy to put in
-Rinka
-Even if Kamui was related to the siblings, the vast amount of differing hair colors and faces usually have Kamui look nothing like them anyway
-Rinka

And don't get me wrong, certain aspects of the new skill system, I think, are handled pretty well. I really like that if we went past the level we'd usually get a skill, it's acquired the next level. And I went crazy when I heard about the buddy/marriage seals. However, the replacement of the second seal for the parallel seal makes no sense. IS knows this and that's why we have the eternal seal, which is itself, unnecessary.

Lastly, grinding doesn't have to be this red flag for a lack of difficulty. Grinding is supposed to be a grind. Because of endgame multiplayer, grinding is important for attaining caps and just makes an exp dlc look like a cash grab. There is no excuse for this as the game wouldn't even need to be balanced around the assumption that the player will grind if grinding itself is limited. In actuality, the overarching difficulty that veterans love touting about the series is lost when everyone on the Nohr path inevitably gets said exp dlc anyway(This is mostly an assumption. An exp dlc could still be limited and maybe even only available for the endgame.)

I said in another thread that it would've been nice to have Silas and Azura as gay options, and apparently F!Kamui x Azura was a thing during development because Shigure and M!Kanna had a sibling support with each other.

So they were considering giving us more gay options and children for the homosexual couples, but then threw all of that out? Well damn :/

Guess this is what fan fiction is for

You can also marry a female 2nd gen if you're male. you aren't limited to just Kamuisexuals to get all the kids.

Oh oops totally forgot about that, but I already dislike the whole concept of children and most of them dot interest me, so I'll probably be avoiding marrying any of them execpt maybe Matoi bc first Awakening waifu <3 Edited by Khid

Off the top of my head:

- The plot in all three routes.

- The strong Hoshido bias in said plot.

- Kamui and Aqua.

- Children returning, and the incredibly stupid excuse for them.

- Silver (arguably Steel too) weapons are pretty much useless.

- Invisible Kingdom's My Castle completely invalidates the feature in the other two routes.

- Map design in Invisible was a mixed bag.

Nitpick:

- The sisters don't have Prf weapons.

Edited by CyborgZeta

- Gameplay-wise they decided to cater completely to the veteran fanbase, ONLY optional features are catered to the new fans. I hope IS doesn't forget which fanbase is the one revived the series.

And I hope you don't forget what got this series started with, Your awakening bias is really irritating when you say crap like this, yes it helped the series go on, with huge sales numbers. When the sales numbers they had to reach would have been reached by just about any other FE in the series.

Stop being so goddamn entitled.

Who ever said the game was balanced around the assumption of grinding? As far as I'm aware, no FE game is like that.

Na I wasn't saying that. I was trying to say that anyone who didn't want grinding in the game for the fear that they would feel like they have to in order to progress needn't worry as the game wouldn't have to be balanced around it.

- Silver (arguably Steel too) weapons are pretty much useless.

Steel weapons are still good for characters who don't have to worry so much about losing attack speed. Silvers were made too situational, however.

It's ironic that they removed durability so people could use their good weapons without worrying about losing them, and now we don't use them because of stat penalties.

It's ironic that they removed durability so people could use their good weapons without worrying about losing them, and now we don't use them because of stat penalties.

It's like Gamefreak saying "Okay, for the 7th gen of Pokemon moves have unlimited PP, but stronger ones lower your stats or otherwise penalize you (though to be honest the most powerful moves already do that)". It's just a roundabout, and arguably worse, way of doing the same thing.

It's like Gamefreak saying "Okay, for the 7th gen of Pokemon moves have unlimited PP, but stronger ones lower your stats or otherwise penalize you (though to be honest the most powerful moves already do that)". It's just a roundabout, and arguably worse, way of doing the same thing.

Well Pokemon Centers exist so nobody really cared that much about using low PP moves (though I still have a habit of using weak moves to finish off my opponent)

The current game already has a FE Fates like balance but the inclusion of PP means they don't need to put crippling penalties on most attacks.

Hyper Beam and Zap Cannon are like FE Silvers. Strong but the drawbacks are too severe for them to be effective.

Hydropump, Thunder and Fire Blast are like FE steel weapons. Strong but not without risk.

Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower are like FE iron weapons. Reliable and strong enough in most situations.

Attacks with less than 60 power (barring certain strategies) are like FE bronze weapons. Weak and only worth using until you have something better.

I can't even imagine how removing PP would wreck the game.

Steel weapons are handled fine, although it's also a lot like what they did for weapon weight until they gradually started nerfing it from FE5 onwards and eventually took it out entirely. Silver weapons are difficult to justify using but sometimes you just need that extra power boost; they're good to have on hand even if you can't use them regularly. I feel like it was handled better with the Beaststones, where the best one has the same penalty as Silver weapons but it also has an especially large power boost as well as an increased Speed boost in exchange for a larger Defense penalty.

The superior My Castle for Invisible Kingdom is definitely odd. I get what they're going for, especially given that it's bonus content, but it probably could've been handled better.

Edited by Othin

Okay; that Pokemon example was far from the best one; just took it off the top of my head.

Debuffs still have the same result in this game; it's a different means, but to the same end (and arguably worse than the means in place before).

I'm of the opinion Silver weapons are kinda awesome. The weapon is accurate, strong, doesn't penalize speed or defense. It makes it a very strong finisher weapon for B ranked maxes. Also, a silver weapon on a mixed unit is amazing, cause you can switch between your silver and ranged magic weapon to deal more damage more effectively over a period of time.

EDIT: there may be some confusion when I say ranged magic weapon. I do not mean solely tomes. Levin Sword, Bolt Axes, Shining Bows, Shiranai Naginata, and Explosive Shuriken are extremely good 1-2 range weapons for those weapon classes, many cases being strictly better than Javelins, Handaxes, etc. for units that aren't even supposed to use magic.

(ex Look at Bow Knights stats, Levin Sword, Kodachi, which one is more accurate, has less penalties, and more damage?)

Edited by Psyruby

Judging from what I've seen so far:

- How the story and character developments are executed in general

- Extreme protagonist/player worship

- Children

- Skinship, and other excessive fan-services

- Weapons/skill that allow you to strip enemies (like seriously, even after ignoring how stupid this is, most of the times it still looks more like fan-disservice rather than fan-service)

- Too few objectives in Hoshido and IK, only one defend mission, too much seize, turn restrictions on some maps are barely relevant because you can finish it way earlier than that.

- The fact that Hoshido and IK have inferior map designs in general

- Weapons don't have unique icons

- Magic animations look meh, some even reuse others' animations with little to no tweaks

- No dark magic other than Nosferatu

- The sisters don't have legendary weapons

- The existence of Kamui-sexuals

- Re-use of Awakening characters

- Some characters have awful personalities and support conversations

Edited by Ryo

what do people mean by "unique icons"

EDIT: I also don't get the hate for gender locked children

like, does it matter?

Edited by PixelmanFE

- Weapons/skill that allow you to strip enemies (like seriously, even after ignoring how stupid this is, most of the times it still looks more like fan-disservice rather than fan-service)

These weapons don't strip clothes, they strip accessories. This is a "my castle" battle only feature cause accessories grant bonuses to combatants.

EDIT: Basically, it is the most poorly worded translation from Japanese to English.

Edited by Psyruby

what do people mean by "unique icons"

Each weapon and item usually have their own icon when you see them in the shops or inventory. In Fates, all swords share the same icon etc.

These weapons don't strip clothes, they strip accessories. This is a "my castle" battle only feature cause accessories grant bonuses to combatants.

EDIT: Basically, it is the most poorly worded translation from Japanese to English.

They do, as do Sophie's skill, I've seen them in action multiple times, and those are not even MC battles.

It actually does strip clothes

The ninja'd is real

Edited by CocoaGalaxy