The things that you don't like about this game?

PuffPuff

Maybe we should shift the magic weapon topic to the weapons thread or another thread….

Anyways, I don't have the game yet, but I find the face rubbing of random characters conceptually awkward…. by all means, it kind of makes sense for something a couple might do with each other, but it seems odd that random members of your army would be okay with it. I feel it would make more sense an an unlockable based on a high support rank.

That said, I don't want the facerubbing/skinship removed; others will enjoy it, I don't have to kinship with characters unless I want to do it with them, and I myself could always take advantage of it in the case of my character's wife, even if doing it with others isn't that appealing to me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's a bit unreasonable of me, but I kinda wish that one day we'll get full voice acting. "Full" anyway...

The other "complaints" have been beaten to death, so I won't repeat them again, hoho

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Yay! A list of stupid things in Fates! Yay! So, the first thing for me in the stupid list of fan service. I mean come on. The skinshipping with a few characters takes the fanservice way overboard. (Orochi, Kagerou, Camilla etc.) Not to mention the suggestive text. I mean come on. Plus, the stripping. I'm all for customizing their outfits in My Castle. But then you look and see it's only swimsuits. I mean, what? That's stupid. Also, some supports. JakobxDeere is like, wow. Also, Camilla in general. She is getting annoying. I mean, it's scary how much she likes you. I also hate how Nohr gets Luna and Lazward. Hoshidan retainers seem to not have much, backstory, or personality. I mean, the only one that comes to mind, is Oboro with her backstory and love interest. Then you look at others like Asama. I really like his design, but he seems so boring. No personality at all. The other thing is the Weapons. I mean, wow. So many penalties that are so stupid. I mean, no crits and doubling? Are you serious? We already need plenty of Skill to activate anything like Astra, why not be able to use it for crits? Honestly, I just want a strategy game. Not a game where you pet your soldiers and breed super units. I mean, children were good in Awakening. I liked their personality. Heck, I married three of them. Severa, Inigo, and Laurent. I love that they brought back Severa and Inigo. But they're Nohr exclusive! Why?! Also, why the ridiculous armor?! This game is going to be the source of many "video game logic" memes. I like that they made Nohr easier for people that joined in Awakening, by adding

The EXP and Money Grinding DLC. Heck, they even made the Weapon Grinding one easier.

Overall, I want the fanservice ripped out the game. I'm fine with some supports, but really, at least tone down the fanservice a bit. I really just want a strategy game.

A few people went over this in the character hate thread, but the B support has some bad implications in terms of child abuse

link:

Yeah, read that. Horrible support. I liked Jakob better than Felicia, but after reading this, Felicia is way better now. A shame, really. I really like Jakob's character, but how he treats Deere is terrible.

I really don't like the debuffs after using weapons, but I guess it's a trade for infinite uses I suppose.

I wonder if they're going to have kids for same-sex pairings in the next game. It's still new concept in the series, and it had some pretty positive reception, so I imagine they'll have more of it in the next game.

And I don't like how S supports always mean marriage. Many supports seem rushed because the S support seems to introduce marriage out of nowhere.

And not much of a spoiler but just in case...

The story has lots of missing info. IS focuses on Kamui mostly and barely develops other characters in the main story.

I still like Jakob even after reading that support. I really don't get why people would let one horrible support make them stop liking a character if they like other supports from that character. That's IS's fault for writing a bad support, not the character's. I mean IS has already done a terrible job with the Nohr route's story and a disappointing one for IK (at least for me). I'm not surprised they screwed Jakob over by taking a confident, snarky individual like him and turning him into a insecure, childish one.

I guess I've just been disappointed by so many things from Fates that it's gotten to the point I just disregard the things I don't like. I do wish they had made a better support between him and his son, though. He used to be a decently popular character and now people are saying they hate him just because of one support.

Maybe it's a bit unreasonable of me, but I kinda wish that one day we'll get full voice acting. "Full" anyway...

The other "complaints" have been beaten to death, so I won't repeat them again, hoho

I completely agree with this. I really would love full voice acting. I think it would make the characters more powerful and meaningful, than their repeated lines for everything.

I still like Jakob even after reading that support. I really don't get why people would let one horrible support make them stop liking a character if they like other supports from that character. That's IS's fault for writing a bad support, not the character's. I mean IS has already done a terrible job with the Nohr route's story and a disappointing one for IK (at least for me).

I've never quite understood why people get so upset over supports. I just think people are overly sensitive, because that support was fine. It's not like this mirrors real life, and considering the time period (medieval), it's not even that surprising. It's kinda silly people are so easily offended, and then write off a character completely because of one or two lines.

But yeah, better writing in general would be nice-specifically if they reduced the amount of supports as basically everyone has talked about.

I still like Jakob even after reading that support. I really don't get why people would let one horrible support make them stop liking a character if they like other supports from that character. That's IS's fault for writing a bad support, not the character's. I mean IS has already done a terrible job with the Nohr route's story and a disappointing one for IK (at least for me). I'm not surprised they screwed Jakob over by taking a confident, snarky individual like him and turning him into a insecure, childish one.

I guess I've just been disappointed by so many things from Fates that it's gotten to the point I just disregard the things I don't like. I do wish they had made a better support between him and his son, though. He used to be a decently popular character and now people are saying they hate him just because of one support.

Jakob isn't real. IS created him and decided everything he does.

This so much!(And again technically it is not child abuse considering Deere is not a child and a father beating his child was common in you know medieval times and still happens today.)

Anyways, so far I am very disappointed that you can only get the Lodestar and Great Lord seals once.(And also that they are gender locked)I mean by the looks of things Grandmaster will be infinitely obtainable and and they just made Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon infinitely obtainable.I just hope they make Vanguard some what finite rather then infinite cause they are special classes that IMO should only be available to there specific Amiibo characters.(I just hope Witch and Balistician are not finite since they should not be since they are new classes)

This so much!(And again technically it is not child abuse considering Deere is not a child and a father beating his child was common in you know medieval times and still happens today.)

Oh yeah, that's definitely a point one should consider. Panty Emblem would no longer feel authentic if it didn't include child abuse.

Anyway, even by the standards of times were corporal punishment was not just common but also expected to be handed out by the head of the family... Jacob kinda fails the qualities of a person seen fit to actually administer such a punishment, considering how childish and petty he acts here. Jacob does not discipline his child, he uses it as a stress ball to vent his frustrations and to compensate for his insecurities. So if people would have insight into how he handles his responsibilities, aka not as an respectable adult but as a moody brat who abuses his status, he would still be looked down upon.

Edited by BrightBow

Deere was a child previously, and even if it was seen as okay, that doesn't mean it was. And it doesn't have to be seen as okay ingame, either. Fire Emblem is a fantasy setting; it takes some inspiration from mideval times but there are differences, like magic and same-sex marriage.

Edited by Othin

Whether it's child abuse or not is up to debate, but I think that support in particular "pushes" people over the edge. A lot of people were iffy about Jakob because he's all "Kamui, Kamui~!" and is a dick to everyone else. But that support colors him as an immature egoist who intentionally makes his kid sad for his own pride, and that type of characterization would definitely make people on edge about him dislike him.

New one, technically, I knew it all along, but just realized

So a certain person had this quote, but er..what can I say....

It is also a personal idea of mine but anyway, here's what he said

"Why let me choose when everyone will treat me like a swordsman?"

(referring to the fact that in cutscenes it's basically "I'm a swordsman!" or something..I'm pretty sure that's what happens anyway)

The idea here is, while it may not be perfect, maybe one day, the PRF weapons are variable and can be used no matter what your class is.

To be honest, it sounds like it'd be kind of straining on either the mechanics or the lore though, how sad

Still, I do feel that it's a valid point...maybe

1.01: Update

To drop a few more cents, counter to the thread though, ironically.

I was actually "disappointed" when they initially revealed everything, and was somewhat "happy" when it was revealed that the 3rd path would be better.

To clarify, I was actually disappointed when they mentioned that we had to "choose someone to suffer", but it was revealed that "no one suffers in the 3rd path" (whether or not that is actually true is another thing)

Maybe I'm the crazy one

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

"Why let me choose when everyone will treat me like a swordsman?"

(referring to the fact that in cutscenes it's basically "I'm a swordsman!" or something..I'm pretty sure that's what happens anyway)

The idea here is, while it may not be perfect, maybe one day, the PRF weapons are variable and can be used no matter what your class is.

To be honest, it sounds like it'd be kind of straining on either the mechanics or the lore though, how sad

I can see it working. Protag gets some magical weapon that takes the form of the weapon the user is most skilled with. inb4souledge

The stats and model would need to be modified per weapon but it doesn't seem that hard to do.

I can see it working. Protag gets some magical weapon that takes the form of the weapon the user is most skilled with. inb4souledge

The stats and model would need to be modified per weapon but it doesn't seem that hard to do.

It's definitely not a stretch, and it doesn't even have to apply to an avatar..maybe, because there have been a number of people asking for a game without an avatar

I honestly feel that they wouldn't implement it because it'd be too "special" even if a magical explanation is at hand it seems kind of out of place.

That and the fact that they might be lazy to make like six different versions of the same weapon

Well I would still like it anyway.

Would it even need to change form? They could have the weapon access tied to the character, not any of their weapon ranks, so they could use it even if their class couldn't normally use that weapon type.

Would it even need to change form? They could have the weapon access tied to the character, not any of their weapon ranks, so they could use it even if their class couldn't normally use that weapon type.

Well er, there is technically two sides of it.

It'd still be weird if you were a sorcerer using a sword. (plus they need to program the animations, or well, they could "rip it" off a sword using class instead...)

In the GBA days it'd be a problem (those animations really take a lot of work and you'd have to handsprite another full average-30-frame-or-so animation just for another weapon type although you can cheat a bit and copy some parts of exist animations around), but really now they'd just have to have their model hold the weapon and use an animation that fits the weapon type from another class

Like, creating the base set of animations still need work per each class, but once they exist applying them to a rig is not very hard

I mean if it's the MC they could just use their default white/dark blood class anims for the sword, it'd certainly at least fit the character!

IIRC someone (prolly Rey) hacked Awakening classes to use weapons they're not supposed to and the anims don't look too off

Edited by Thor Odinson

I really don't like almost anything about the game and I don't think I could list them all without forgetting.

The biggest would definitely be marriage and children but there are many more problems I have.

More fun to complain than to discuss good things about the game I suppose!

-Rinkah seems kind of.. lame. I mean, I thought she might be a better unit but she just seems disappointing.

-Hoshido Bias. I thought they intended to go for a "don't judge people by only their looks" thing, but they ended up making Hoshido less interesting by making them seem 'pure' while Nohr languishes from it.

-Children. I don't mind marriages, or even Children but things feel kind of rushed. Why not marry at the end of the game and have a child mentioned in the epilogue? In Awakening, they at least had some point to them. Here, they do not. Also Soleil. Poorly written.

-Skinship. Again, this I don't care about. It seems kind of random and out of place though.

-Fanservice at the cost of story. They had a really good idea on their hands with the Bloodline v Loyalty thing, but it came up short. Hopefully if they make another game, they'll decide to not do that again.

-The Drama. A lot of people have legitimate issues but I refer to those that decide that the game is the spawn of satan and must be purged and killed off because nitpicky things like fanservice or a section of a support convo or Phoenix mode. This killed a lot of my hype for the game, but I'll still buy it because I like Fire Emblem.

-Soleil. Soleil. Soeil. Soleil.

-Weak Nohr story. Could've been better, it had so much potential but it got gutted.

Azura being your cousin. Really? REALLY?! Why. It is random and stupid.

Overall, I think the fanbase has become hopelessly cynical. As for Fates, my impression is "Not what I hoped for but I'll see how the localization turns out. It still sounds alright, despite complaints."

• 2 weeks later...

The only things bothering me at the moment are:

MaMU marrying a non-Kamuisexual first female gen screws you out of a kid.

Taking a gay option screws you out of 1 or 2 kids.

Not sure how to feel about how so many items have been nerfed, but it's likely there to better balance

the game and keep the player's side from becoming to OP like in Awakening so that doesn't bother me too much.

Everything else looks fine to me but only time will tell.

I've learned to embrace all things about FE:if, so I don't have much complaints...but

BOOTS only give you +1 MOVEMENT WHYYY sobs grossly

goodbye all my hopes and dreams ; u ;

oh, and it would have been interesting if the royals could support other units from the opposing faction other than...the other royals * U *

but it's just a little thing that doesn't bother me that much.

Azura being your cousin. Really? REALLY?! Why. It is random and stupid.

So.... this is a localization difference. In Japan, it is legal to marry your first cousin. There are no gene problems, you are most likely to have common interests, and typically relatives live close to each other(Japan isn't big.) However in America, first cousins can't marry, but second cousins can. In most Japanese games translated, they just either take out the cousin thing all together or they localize it to second cousin.

Hum... sorry to come in when I don't even have anything to say. I haven't play Fe:If so I can't tell what I truly like/dislike about the game.

But can someone explain me the

MaMU marrying a non-Kamuisexual first female gen screws you out of a kid.

Taking a gay option screws you out of 1 or 2 kids.

Please?

There aren't enough first gen female units to go around, so if you're a male avatar and marry a first gen female, then one first gen male will not be getting married due to lack of candidates.

Not included in this pool of female units are characters that can only support Kamui though, since they aren't an option for other characters. If Kamui marries a 'Kamuisexual' character, then the first gen female pool isn't affected and everyone else can marry each other.