Fixing Fates story issues (spoilers)

Yari

Aqua was able to bind Kamui's draconic instincts and form with her singing powers into her amulet, which she then gives to Kamui as a dragonstone to transform into a dragon when needed.

As where they keep it... obviously in their hammerbag, where they keep the rest of their weapons.

It wasn't so much the "how" as that was pretty well shown in the cutscene, just the "where". But alright, I see, thank you for the answer, it had been bothering me for a while now.

I guess we'll find out what the deal about the songs is in DLC, since that's how the third path ends, more or less: with questions being raised about the songs and the lyrics.

Intelligent Systems pls.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me see if I understand. Nobody makes a big deal of Kamui turning to a dragon plus Aqua just happens to have a dragonstone at hand and gives it to Kamui.

Edited by Yari

So let me see if I understand. Nobody makes a big deal of Kamui turning to a dragon plus Aqua just happens to have a dragonstone at hand and gives it to Kamui.

I guess if she doesn't have a lance handy, she can just beat the shit out of people with a stone.

I guess if she doesn't have a lance handy, she can just beat the shit out of people with a stone.

I always found it weird how they made such a big deal of her lance both in the promotional artwork and even in her character portrait, but she doesn't have a unique weapon or anything.

I wonder if that's even more evidence for content being removed...oh well, it's not anything important anyway, I hope.

I always found it weird how they made such a big deal of her lance both in the promotional artwork and even in her character portrait, but she doesn't have a unique weapon or anything.

I wonder if that's even more evidence for content being removed...oh well, it's not anything important anyway, I hope.

It's actually just a Blessed Lance I believe.

The existence of Dragonstones is weird enough considering Dragons didn't become Manaketes in the backstory.

That's hilarious to think about honestly. No lance? Beat them with stones!

But I'm dissapointed no one from either family talks about Kamui's power to turn into a dragon. Just another something I'll have to add.

Even so, why is it in both the promotional artwork and her dialogue portrait or whatever it's called? It just strikes me as odd. It's probably nothing though, but it's odd to focus on a weapon so much when that's really not a big part of her character.

And her attack animations show that she has absolutely no idea how to use it anyway.

I'll make sure to warn you guys once it's out.

Righ now I know I want the children to get worked into the fic especially Shinonome and the Kannas. I have an idea but it's a bit flawed: I think that maybe the time travel thing/alternate universe thing will get a comeback or have the war last enough years for them to be born and maybe have them directely related to getting to Touma and ending the war once and for all.

Relating the third path with the rest will be hard but not impossible. And I want a way to have the three paths together even if it is ambitious but hey you go big or you go home.

Double Kamui = Double Kanna!

As for the time travel it might be the best way to go about doing so unless you could create something new but that too could prove to be a bit tricky.

I think it is as well.

Yeah. You'd think there would be some talk afterward regardless of what side. (Especially with someone like Marxander since, in my opinion, he and Camilla would probably want to talk the most about it. Seriously, during the family meeting, I can see he would demand full account of what went down in Hoshido.) There is so much potential for using the dragon form, the more I think about it.

The existence of Dragonstones is weird enough considering Dragons didn't become Manaketes in the backstory.

Aren't dragonstones/beastones suppose to contain the power of it's holder? Because uncontroled power can cause damage to the holder and everyone around them? They say the dragons in story go mad and revert to their primal instincts due to their powers right? Maybe that why Kamui gets the dragonstone. To not go mad like other dragons.

The Museum bits however pointed out that dragons avoided that by becoming spirits, which is why there are almost no dragons left and what ones we do see can voluntarily take different human or dragon form. Lilith even stays in her dragon form for a great deal of the story. They never became Manaketes. All Manaketes shown in Fates at least are half Dragon, so it could be related to their nature as hybrids in this world.

Which leads me to wonder if there were hybrids before Kamui.

That's another thing that the story should explore:the dragons, dragonstones, Lilith dragon tribe and dragon hybrids.

Hoshido: Actually make Kamui's Siblings his actual siblings. It's called "Birthright" for a reason. Part of me wanted Hoshido to have their own Awakening children (Before Yukimura's character was revealed, I legit thought he was Laurent in disguise, I dunno why though...). More emphasis on the more darker aspect of Hoshido.

Nohr: Don't even have it take place in Hoshido. An interesting story to me, would be Garon planning to attack Hoshido in "Insert Amount of Time Here" and Kamui must unite the kingdom and overthrow Garon before the inevitable attack on Hoshido

Keep in mind Lilith is a Star Dragon.I would be cool if you could incorporate different dragon tribes e.g. Moon Dragons, Sun Dragons etc.

Give Hoshido some moral ambiguity for starters.

Also, I think Conquest's plot might've been better had it been written as an internal civil war. Kamui, Nohr siblings and their allies on side, with Garon and his forces on the other.

Maybe have Hoshido occasionally try to take advantage of the chaos to try and topple the Nohr government; or have them remain neutral, or have them ally with the player's side.

Edited by CyborgZeta

You would have to change Marx loyalty to his father completely because he would ultimately follow his fathers orders to the death otherwise, and a good deal of the army supports Marx and wouldn't follow some arrogant upstart who sympathizes with the nation that has everything.

Honestly I think Awakening fucked up Fate's story because of how successful it was. Although I love Awakening, I think it's success made Fates a better game, but Marriage and Children messed up the story. Now I'm okay with Marriage returning; in fact I am all for it and it makes the game better in my opinion. But the Child characters are pointless and totally meaningless to the story (Heres hoping they get some good dlc chapters featuring them).

I think the story does not have to be changed that much. But I think the sibling characters should not have been able to be paired with Kamui, since I think IS wanted to make all the fanboys happy, so they could pair with a sibling but didn't want to stray to close to incest, so they changed the story (Mainly Hoshido) to please them. Now I know Incest never stopped them in the past (FE4), but times have changed.

Speaking of FE4 if they kinda went down that route with how gritty that story was then I think it would have had a better story. Think of it now, lets say in the Hoshido path you end up being over taken by Nohr and losing. With almost all your characters dieing, so then the child characters step in and take over the story and try to take back their kingdom (The story would just be flipped for Nohr). I think that would make the child characters actually useful, and make the story more meaningful. I know it is a direct rip of FE4 but it's not like other FE games ripped off previous games... *cough cough* FE6...

You would have to change Marx loyalty to his father completely because he would ultimately follow his fathers orders to the death otherwise, and a good deal of the army supports Marx and wouldn't follow some arrogant upstart who sympathizes with the nation that has everything.

Right, sorry. I did not clarify.

The assumption with my thought is that everything (backstory, characters, etc.) would be rewritten in addition to the plot. Kamui's Hoshido sympathy from Conquest and Marx's stubborn loyalty to Garon being part of it.

The Museum bits however pointed out that dragons avoided that by becoming spirits, which is why there are almost no dragons left and what ones we do see can voluntarily take different human or dragon form. Lilith even stays in her dragon form for a great deal of the story. They never became Manaketes. All Manaketes shown in Fates at least are half Dragon, so it could be related to their nature as hybrids in this world.

Which leads me to wonder if there were hybrids before Kamui.

That dragon bit confuses me somewhat...so in order to not go crazy they abandoned their physical forms and turned to spirits? ...So basically they decided to self destruct rather than turn crazy...

I mean...maybe Kamui could be the first manakete but learning that the game doesn't address this not even a bit is rather...odd.

...what's to say Kamui won't go crazy, even with the dragonstone in hand?

Edited by Fyras4

I would hope in a redrafting of the story that they make Kamui's character more equal or even subordinate to his siblings in terms of authority and influence on the story. Special dragon form or not, he's just an adopted child/step sibling and not even the eldest child. He'd be better suited as a viewpoint character rather than have the story centered on him.

I know supports are optional so the pseudo incest isn't canon (besides Camilla's feelings for Kamui) but I'd like the sibling relations on both sides to remain familial bonds. Having fake incest that is never discussed by other characters is bad for the story and undermines the family theme.

I would hope in a redrafting of the story that they make Kamui's character more equal or even subordinate to his siblings in terms of authority and influence on the story. Special dragon form or not, he's just an adopted child/step sibling and not even the eldest child. He'd be better suited as a viewpoint character rather than have the story centered on him.

I know supports are optional so the pseudo incest isn't canon (besides Camilla's feelings for Kamui) but I'd like the sibling relations on both sides to remain familial bonds. Having fake incest that is never discussed by other characters is bad for the story and undermines the family theme.

I doubt they would do something like this you know because self-inserting and all that jazz. I was hoping for Kamui to be his/her own character rather than a blank slate but that is one of the many side dishes on this plate of fanservice.

I definitely agree about the siblings though as the whole idea was poorly handled and was a real fart on the story and its themes.

I can't believe so many people think that it would be better if the Hoshido siblings were actually related to Kamui. Don't get me wrong I do agree it would be better but my screaming Ryoma fangirl doesn't want him to be Kamui's brother. He's the only guy that has husbando material. I feel mixed feelings towards the not blood siblings thing because of it.

I think the story does not have to be changed that much. But I think the sibling characters should not have been able to be paired with Kamui, since I think IS wanted to make all the fanboys happy, so they could pair with a sibling but didn't want to stray to close to incest, so they changed the story (Mainly Hoshido) to please them. Now I know Incest never stopped them in the past (FE4), but times have changed.

http://freeges.tumblr.com/post/122314838811/re-incest-in-fe4

GotHW didn't let Seliph marry Julia without cheating or glitching. And they were obviously blood siblings from early-on.